Status
Not open for further replies.

DprEffect

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I just recently bought my first diapers from ABU and Ended up choosing the SDK v2. I came back today to order the cloth back cushies and realized they are now gone..... What is going on? i dont see any news on their site that they were getting rid of them. :dunno:

They are updating the cloth covered cushion and renaming them cushies preschool

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. Couldn't find anything one what happened to them. Any idea of a estimated date?

I have no idea maybe by September or end of the year I'm just throwing darts in the dark

Sounds fabulous, definitely going to try them when they get to Australia.

I'm very excited. Might have to try the new ABU Lavender while i wait for cushies preschool.

DLChad34 said:
They are updating the cloth covered cushion and renaming them cushies preschool

Source? Calling a tape-on diaper "preschool" seems a tad...odd... :shrug: Don't get it! Maybe if it was a pull-up, but not a diaper.

Well, from what I heard when I inquired from ABU, a rep told me they're updating it sometime during the Summer. But since we haven't been told of the update publicly yet, I'm probably betting on that not happening.
I am excited though! A premium cloth-backed diaper might be nice, with it resembling a modern baby diaper, refastenability, and elastic galore... I could really get behind it! Orrr, put my behind in it. xD

@OhHeyThere,That's what I herd as well guess we will have to be patient and wait to find out more information on this.

OhHeyThere said:
...and elastic galore...

Yeah, stretchy wings are what I'll be looking for.

...still would like to understand the "preschool diapers" thing above, too. Is there any official word on that?

Cottontail said:
Yeah, stretchy wings are what I'll be looking for.

...still would like to understand the "preschool diapers" thing above, too. Is there any official word on that?

Yes!!! I would love stretchy wings.
I guess not. I was just going off what DlChad34 said i haven't seen an official announcement so far.

Cottontail said:
Source? Calling a tape-on diaper "preschool" seems a tad...odd... :shrug: Don't get it! Maybe if it was a pull-up, but not a diaper.
I saw the announcement video on the abuniverse page and they said it would be a hybrid diaper, sort of like the Bambino Magnifico (I think, not very familiar w/ Bambino diapers). Supposedly it will have 4 tapes, a plastic landing, plastic tapes, and a cloth back. Source: https://news.abuniverse.com/live-video-from-abu-422-event/

I was really hoping the new cushie would be identical to modern baby nappies stretchy wings, cloth backed, Velcro type tapes and elastic all over.

Let's hope they can make it possible as it would be a massive step in the right direction in my eyes.

What we're all looking for adult sized pampers

DLsAreFabulous said:
I saw the announcement video on the abuniverse page and they said it would be a hybrid diaper, sort of like the Bambino Magnifico (I think, not very familiar w/ Bambino diapers). Supposedly it will have 4 tapes, a plastic landing, plastic tapes, and a cloth back. Source: https://news.abuniverse.com/live-video-from-abu-422-event/
Huh. Well, we'll see. I don't see much of a point in a design that's neither here nor there--neither the plastic, adhesive-taped thing that most seem to want, nor the adult-sized modern Pampers that so many of the rest are hoping for. I am hugely encouraged by the idea of stretchy sides, but the "hybrid" thing feels like a hack. Let's not dwell too long on this particular stage of ABDL diaper evolution, please!
Bby said:
I was really hoping the new cushie would be identical to modern baby nappies stretchy wings, cloth backed, Velcro type tapes and elastic all over.
Hear! Hear! Sigh...

EDIT: Scoured their Twitter feed and saw this, which is rather promising: "Preschool will have cloth backing...(snip)". Phew!

Aww darn, I was waiting to order for the revamp, but I was hoping this summer! (Something cooler for the hot weather). Sounds like it isn't really a revamp either, since it will be 4 tape :sad:

Seug said:
Aww darn, I was waiting to order for the revamp, but I was hoping this summer! (Something cooler for the hot weather). Sounds like it isn't really a revamp either, since it will be 4 tape :sad:

Ah! I hadn't noticed. And then Casey posted this on Reddit just a couple of days ago:

Casey Strom said:
Preschool is confirmed to be the replacement. Too many problems with a single tape hook and loop cloth backed diaper - so we're moving to a plastic landing with two tapes per side. These are super comfy, mid-level absorbency for daytime discreet use.

Yeah, so that's a major bummer. Honestly, this feels a bit like the Snuggies "S.Ex." mistake, but on a more basic, design level. I.e., it's a screw-up that a simple name change won't be able to fix. (Although they'll probably want a name change too, because "Preschool" for a diaper is weird and nonsensical.) I would think that most AB/DL types who want a printed, cloth-backed diaper are wanting the closest thing they can get to a modern baby diaper. By reverting to adhesive tapes and adding an additional pair, I suspect that the appeal of the design will be quite limited. It will appeal neither to the plastic fanciers nor to those wanting "adult-sized, modern Pampers".

Lame.

But we shall see, I s'pose. It may limp along for a while, if only because it will still be the only cloth-backed AB/DL diaper out there. It would seem quite a bit more vulnerable now, though.

I also wonder what Casey is referring to here when he talks about "problems with a single tape hook and loop ...". I don't remember too many people complaining. I would think that most of the problems with such a design would be common to a single pair of adhesive tapes as well. Bambino proved that stretchy sides could be done (though they still haven't brought that diaper to market), so I'd hoped that ABU would do the same. Although I don't care for Bambino's hybrid, from a marketing standpoint it seems like by far the more sensible approach: Taking a popular plastic diaper and sprinkling on some additional comfort and convenience without totally alienating customers. The ABU hybrid simply takes qualities that appeal to cloth-backed diaper fans and gets rid of them. :shrug: Whacky!

Last edited:
Cottontail said:
Ah! I hadn't noticed. And then Casey posted this on Reddit just a couple of days ago:

Yeah, so that's a major bummer. Honestly, this feels a bit like the Snuggies "S.Ex." mistake, but on a more basic, design level. I.e., it's a screw-up that a simple name change won't be able to fix. (Although they'll probably want a name change too, because "Preschool" for a diaper is weird and nonsensical.) I would think that most AB/DL types who want a printed, cloth-backed diaper are wanting the closest thing they can get to a modern baby diaper. By reverting to adhesive tapes and adding an additional pair, I suspect that the appeal of the design will be quite limited. It will appeal neither to the plastic fanciers nor to those wanting "adult-sized, modern Pampers".

Lame.

But we shall see, I s'pose. It may limp along for a while, if only because it will still be the only cloth-backed AB/DL diaper out there. It would seem quite a bit more vulnerable now, though.

I also wonder what Casey is referring to here when he talks about "problems with a single tape hook and loop ...". I don't remember too many people complaining. I would think that most of the problems with such a design would be common to a single pair of adhesive tapes as well. Bambino proved that stretchy sides could be done (though they still haven't brought that diaper to market), so I'd hoped that ABU would do the same. Although I don't care for Bambino's hybrid, from a marketing standpoint it seems like by far the more sensible approach: Taking a popular plastic diaper and sprinkling on some additional comfort and convenience without totally alienating customers. The ABU hybrid simply takes qualities that appeal to cloth-backed diaper fans and gets rid of them. :shrug: Whacky!

Speculation on my part but putting together comments from ABU about the relative weakness of hook and loop compared to tapes, I wonder if they just weren't strong enough to hold up a v2 of cloth Cushies? The people I know that like them love them so much, even when thin that I can't help but think this is a mistake.

Trevor said:
Speculation on my part but putting together comments from ABU about the relative weakness of hook and loop compared to tapes, I wonder if they just weren't strong enough to hold up a v2 of cloth Cushies? The people I know that like them love them so much, even when thin that I can't help but think this is a mistake.

That doesn't sound too far-fetched.

I thought the cloth-backed Cushies were great. They certainly weren't much for capacity, but they were functional, comfortable, and cute (IMO), and were by far the most faithful adult-sized approximation of a modern baby diaper. A bit of stretch in the tapes is all I'd have asked for. This mega-capacity race everybody seems to be locked into doesn't do much for me. I'm in Baby Mode for a few hours at a time, tops. A diaper that can substitute for two trips to the toilet--and Cushies were quite adequate in that regard--is as much as I've ever needed.

Trevor said:

I know the biggest issue I see with them is the tapes pull away from the back sheet over time. And I don't attach them very tight either. Maybe all the offered H&L tapes had that issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back