Best Diapers Store Bought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gemini27

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I know that the best diapers to buy are online, but there is no possibility of buying online and not getting caught with my family. What are the best store bought diapers I can buy? I am looking for comfort and wetting over attractiveness. Any input is appreciated. The easiest stores for me to go to are dollar general, walmart, and some other smaller stores.

The Always Discreet Maximum Absorbency are decent, if you're OK with pull-ups.

With Depends Protection with Tabs going to clothlike covers, I no longer have anything to recommend that's easily accessible. If you don't care about clothlike covers, store brands will do. If you're inclined to use them, buy stuffers or double up. The last best hope is to check around for larger non-chain pharmacies or medical supply places. I know one within an hour's drive that sells Molicares and Abenas (although the Abenas might only be clothlike covers now), and if I didn't have ABU closer, that would be good for emergencies.

Honest question - what's wrong with cloth backing?

DotDotDot said:

Technically, not that much. It tends to get damp over time with some sort of weeping or seepage but it's usually manageable. They are also inclined to sag as the tabs lose their grip (although they are much better to reapply than tapes). I dislike them greatly on an esthetic level. They're too much like cloth and underpants to be fun. It's personal, and I understand different preferences or even not caring. It's a pretty big deal to me, to the point where the most awesome clothlike diaper would still be a disappointment to me.

No crinkle. No plastic. Totally different experience. What kid dreams of having something that hasn't been invented yet? All my dreams are of plastic. When cloth came out it was just weird. It does breathe better, but doesn't everyone want to hold in the heat and moisture as long as possible?

Sent from my LGL31L using Tapatalk

DotDotDot said:

It depends on the backing. Most of the store brands use a particularly awful backing that's closer to dryer sheets than what you find on say, modern baby diapers. Few brands that use the cloth backing use a good one, though I was impressed with iD Slip and Seni's cloth backing.

As to the OP, I can't really recommend anything in any of those stores. If you have access to a Wallgreens their brand is pretty much my go-to if I'm going to be in the diaper for a very short period of time. But they're not really great for anything beyond a single wetting, imo. Unfortunately, the Walmart brands can't even handle that much.

I agree with the above. Never thought I'd say it, but I really miss the Depends with tabs that had a plastic cover. Frankly, Goodnites, if you can fit in them, will be your best bet as far as what is sold in stores. Everything else is pure and utter crap and not worth your $.

Fascinating said:
No crinkle. No plastic. Totally different experience. What kid dreams of having something that hasn't been invented yet? All my dreams are of plastic. When cloth came out it was just weird. It does breathe better, but doesn't everyone want to hold in the heat and moisture as long as possible?

--------------------------------------

How else could you be fascinating OR fantastic without plastic ? I agree to what you say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back