Not open for further replies.
BubbaAdult.jpg

I'm new here, so why not. Here ya go!
1445161_Kizgin_kizgin_celshaded.jpg

7fc87897c72243a76513d9df47c0feed.jpg

Beep!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1449084322.zillabrony13_image.jpg

His name is Pluto and he's a cute sissy baby boy.

I tried before at one point to attach a picture in post, but it was too large.
So now I'll just leave a link >u<
http://imgur.com/a/ZY3LW

Last edited:
Looking at all of these makes me want to get back into drawing >w<

But I'm not very good at it boo

Buhha said:
didn't work

Huh...that's weird. I saw it show up before I logged out.

OKay...2nd try.

kizgin celshaded.jpg

rennecfox said:
gives me a 403

I think I might have fixed it now, sorry about that :p

I don't have a babyfursona, and I'm quite sad about it... Can anyone tell me how can I get one/make one/however it is you all got yours?

matetan said:
I don't have a babyfursona, and I'm quite sad about it... Can anyone tell me how can I get one/make one/however it is you all got yours?

I made up and drew mine myself :) most furries invent their own fursona (based on an animal they like, relate to, or something like that) and then draw them or commission an artist to draw them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matetan said:

come up with what you relate to/want to be, draw something/commission someone to draw something based on what you write down.

matetan said:
Mine started out as me feeling kind of bad about lurking on FA without really having interacted with any of the artists or contributing in any way other than quietly looking at content. I figured at least I should get something to use as my profile icon, and decided that whatever I picked had to be more unique to draw than the endless line of fox/wolf/feline characters that I figured artists must get sick of. I ended up commissioning a full drawing more on an impulse (the price and timing was right), but then after seeing how it came out from just a written description and a picture of a real stoat for the coloring (star is an amazing artist), I felt like making him into a proper character with backstory and everything.

More of a diaperfur than a babyfur, but here it is: http://i.imgur.com/LnIMJ2r.png

Then I ended up commissioning a younger version of him from a different artist. We decided that stoats in his universe start out with the brown and white summer coloration, then transition to to the winter white and black pattern as they reach maturity. Here he is being picked on a bit in his awkward adolescent years while his colors are still changing: http://i.imgur.com/ISwdZF2.png

I still haven't figured the character out all the way yet (I don't even have a name picked out), but I've just been writing things down as they come to me. It seems that stoats in literature are stereotypical bad guys (mostly thanks to redwall?), and the real life ones have a reputation for singlehandedly taking down animals significantly bigger than they are, so I've been trying to work aspects of that in without making him somebody no one else wants to hang around with :p

Anyway, I'm sure the ways other people have created fursonas are as unique as the fursonas themselves, but that's an example of how I'm creating mine.

Reactions: Deleted member 39920
irnub said:
Here he is being picked on a bit in his awkward adolescent years while his colors are still changing: http://i.imgur.com/ISwdZF2.png

He's really cute! Why doeshe look so uncomfortable/shy when he's an adolescent? Is it because of his bit awkward coloring or is he shy naturally (he doesn't look shy when he is a adult, anyway)?

irnub said:
star is an amazing artist

I agree that star is very fine artist, I really love her works.

irnub said:
Mine started out as me feeling kind of bad about lurking on FA without really having interacted with any of the artists or contributing in any way other than quietly looking at content.

I fel the same, for that I asked... Thank you very much.

Thanks anyway, to the people whom I did not qoute too.

matetan said:
he doesn't look shy when he is a adult
He's actually feeling incredibly embarrassed in that picture, as someone had just opened the door without knocking and discovered him in that state. It's just that he realizes that they're probably as shocked as he is, and he's putting on a front to keep them off balance. He's probably preparing to seize the conversational initiative by acting like there's nothing abnormal and they're the weird one for barging in without knocking. I'd suspect that he'll collapse into a ball of cringing embarrassment (and maybe a good dose of mentally kicking himself for not remembering to lock the door) once the situation is dealt with and he's got some privacy again.
matetan said:
Why does he look so uncomfortable/shy when he's an adolescent?
It kind of came about through back and forth exchange with the artist. I still don't have all of the requirements about how he should look in my head, so the only description I really gave was that he was a stoat, and he was skinny and awkward looking. I'd meant "awkward looking" to mean that his body was all out of proportion to itself (like he was still growing into his size), but I think it got taken more to mean the emotion of feeling awkward. The expression/pose you see there is the first I saw of that version of him, except Target was really awesome and had gone above and beyond to draw up 3 different coloration patterns for me (winter, summer, mixed). Once I saw the mixed coloration pattern combined with the pose, everything clicked into place and it was immediately obvious to me that he must have been feeling shy/embarrassed/awkward about his coloration, which very clearly was in the process of changing from juvenile to adult (even though real stoats don't work that way). His friends must have called attention to it, and he was trying not to show that it was getting to him.

And then the cool thing is that now that there's that backstory, I can kind of tie it in with the adult picture of him. Maybe his experience with his appearance when he was younger taught him not to care what people thought about him. Or maybe it taught him how to be a good actor and just never show that it was getting to him. Or maybe it's something else I haven't thought of yet. For me the fun part I guess is just puzzling together how the character works.

irnub said:
He's actually feeling incredibly embarrassed in that picture, as someone had just opened the door without knocking and discovered him in that state. It's just that he realizes that they're probably as shocked as he is, and he's putting on a front to keep them off balance. He's probably preparing to seize the conversational initiative by acting like there's nothing abnormal and they're the weird one for barging in without knocking. I'd suspect that he'll collapse into a ball of cringing embarrassment (and maybe a good dose of mentally kicking himself for not remembering to lock the door) once the situation is dealt with and he's got some privacy again.
It kind of came about through back and forth exchange with the artist. I still don't have all of the requirements about how he should look in my head, so the only description I really gave was that he was a stoat, and he was skinny and awkward looking. I'd meant "awkward looking" to mean that his body was all out of proportion to itself (like he was still growing into his size), but I think it got taken more to mean the emotion of feeling awkward. The expression/pose you see there is the first I saw of that version of him, except Target was really awesome and had gone above and beyond to draw up 3 different coloration patterns for me (winter, summer, mixed). Once I saw the mixed coloration pattern combined with the pose, everything clicked into place and it was immediately obvious to me that he must have been feeling shy/embarrassed/awkward about his coloration, which very clearly was in the process of changing from juvenile to adult (even though real stoats don't work that way). His friends must have called attention to it, and he was trying not to show that it was getting to him.

And then the cool thing is that now that there's that backstory, I can kind of tie it in with the adult picture of him. Maybe his experience with his appearance when he was younger taught him not to care what people thought about him. Or maybe it taught him how to be a good actor and just never show that it was getting to him. Or maybe it's something else I haven't thought of yet. For me the fun part I guess is just puzzling together how the character works.

You sound very exited talking about him, it's very encoureging to see. Anyway he is lovely and unique, you're lucky to have him!

I need to draw something before I post, so do not expect the absolute best picture in the world...lm still an artist in practice....*blush*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back