Status
Not open for further replies.

aNerdyAnorak

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Other
Hi all, im an aeroplane geek or AVgeek as sometimes called. I particularly like airliners and my favourites are the Airbus A380, Boeing 777-300 and the A340. However I do enjoy military airshows and have been to both the Bournemouth air festival and RIAT several times. I was a member of the air cadets when I was 14 but I left becasue I found it too strict. Are they're any other DL AB and little aeroplane geeks out their? :smile1:

Sure are ;) here you get one :D

I always had a love of aviation since before I could remember. In particular I really like WWII military aviation. I joined the Air Force and ended up working on many different aircraft and then got my A&P license before getting out due to injury. I still love aviation.

jakece said:
Sure are ;) here you get one :D
What's your favourite plane? :)

- - - Updated - - -

Llayden said:
I always had a love of aviation since before I could remember. In particular I really like WWII military aviation. I joined the Air Force and ended up working on many different aircraft and then got my A&P license before getting out due to injury. I still love aviation.
Yeah I quite like the world war 2 planes, the spitfires are awesome in my opinion.

jAMIEISAWESOME said:
What's your favourite plane? :)

- - - Updated - - -

...the spitfires are awesome in my opinion.

Why? Don't get me wrong, they have some awesome traits, but what endears you to a Spits over other aircraft of the era? I find them a bit mainstream for my liking.

I love airplanes, fling in them, fixing them, just being around them. Talking about Military airplanes, I thing the best planes out their are the A-10 Warthog, and the F-14A Tomcat.

Llayden said:
Why? Don't get me wrong, they have some awesome traits, but what endears you to a Spits over other aircraft of the era? I find them a bit mainstream for my liking.
Having seen them at air shows for many years they have stuck in my mind as a spectacular aircraft, they are very iconic. Being British I am oddly patriotic towards this aircraft because of its role in the Battle of Britain, despite its counterpart, the Hurricane, being used more in the battle. I

jAMIEISAWESOME said:
Having seen them at air shows for many years they have stuck in my mind as a spectacular aircraft, they are very iconic. Being British I am oddly patriotic towards this aircraft because of its role in the Battle of Britain, despite its counterpart, the Hurricane, being used more in the battle. I

I love the Battle of Britain. One of my favorite periods in history. So sad that so many brave men had to throw their lives away, on all sides. I can understand the call of patriotism and the attraction to a national icon. However, I usually don't make my own opinions based on common conception. You would think that having a love of military aviation and history, and being from the other side of the pond, I would have an infatuation with the Mustangs. That could not be farther from the truth.

I think the Mustang, like the Spitfire, is an overused show pony that's great for looking pretty but afraid to get its hands dirty. I am a HUGE P-47 fan. Now THAT was an aircraft worthy of distinction. Much like I'm a huge fan of the Hurricane, what a wonderful and unique aircraft that was more than capable of looking after itself and was much more valuable than a handful of credit stealing Spitfires.

I have an odd fascination with trains and cars.. actually, most things with a big engine. Actually, most gadgets, even if they don't have engines. I like machines in general.

Yup, I'm a bit of an avgeek.

" aeroplane geeks "

Aeroplane....how quaint and retro! WWI aviation, apparently.

- - - Updated - - -

MonkeyFrog said:
I have an odd fascination with trains and cars.. actually, most things with a big engine. Actually, most gadgets, even if they don't have engines. I like machines in general.

. o O --- Oh my! I can sure do trains and cars, too ! My mechanical apptitude amazes even me, sometimes.

Andrewgdfw said:
" aeroplane geeks "

Aeroplane....how quaint and retro! WWI aviation, apparently.

- - - Updated - - -

. o O --- Oh my! I can sure do trains and cars, too ! My mechanical apptitude amazes even me, sometimes.

In the UK we call them Aeroplanes, a bit like colour vs Color. I actually have a friend who gets really annoyed when it is spelt the "American" way

jAMIEISAWESOME said:
In the UK we call them Aeroplanes, a bit like colour vs Color. I actually have a friend who gets really annoyed when it is spelt the "CORRECT" way

I fixed your post for ya ;) We invented it, we get to determine the spelling. Hahahaha! :)

I fixed them for just under four years, one & two engine fighters/attack jets, but also worked on everything from a Piper Cub to the Air Force 747 Command Post. I have history with some of the original prototypes (F-15, A-10, F-16, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back