Status
Not open for further replies.

SquishyAlien

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
So, I'm 18, still and school, and can't drive yet. (Family issues put me behind on things quite a bit.) So, I'm spending the night with a friend tonight, and I'm out of goodnites, and don't want to soak his air mattress. We're going to a store to get snacks, probably Walgreens or Ingles. I can't order online right now, and I was wondering what I should get for bed wetting? I have a 34" waist, and goodnites still fit me decently well, but I was wondering as if Depends Fit Flex or something like that would be better. Thanks in advance guys. =)

Last edited:
So I take it your condition is known to him/his family? That's what it sounds like if you're willing to purchase them while he's around. If this is the case, I would recommend that you get a tape on style adult diaper. It will provide a better fit and coverage for your frame than Goodnites will. Absorbency will be about the same, maybe a bit more for the adult diaper. Otherwise stick with what you know will work. The good news is that it's an air mattress so it is easy to clean in case of an accident. Just make sure that if the mattress has a velour top, you flip it to the side that will have plastic on top.

It is dangerous to go into battle with an unproven rifle, just as it is dangerous to go to a sleepover with unproven protection. That's why I recommend a taped style adult diaper, it's an upgrade to your Goodnites. If you're REALLY concerned, you can place a Goodnite Tru-Fit in your new diaper, and even get disposable pads to lay on in case of leaks. But that all depends on your nightly output. However, if Goodnites have been working for you in capacity and leakage protection those suggestions would be overkill.

I would NOT recommend you changing to any adult style pull-ups. They are NOTORIOUSLY bad. Especially for overnight protection. Not only that they tend to run pretty large and would not provide the most secure fit on your frame. The two brands that I would tentatively recommend though are Kroger/Rite Aid Overnight Underwear, and maybe Always Discreet.

The Kroger/Rite Aide Overnight Underwear have excellent absorbency, probably the best absorbency of any off the shelf sold in mainstream stores incontinence product. However, I am not sure that even the smallest size would fit you well. The Always Discreet offer second best absorbency than every other adult pull-up sold in stores, and I have managed to get by a night or two with them but I still don't completely trust them. The Always would probably provide the best fit for your size though as they are produced in more sizes they tend to have a closer fit. Both of these adult pull-ups are the only ones that offer standing leak guards. The rest do not.

Goodluck.

Reactions: SquishyAlien
If you're going to go with a tape-on diaper, I'd suggest going out NOW and getting something at the store, and get home and try one or two on to figure out the fit. Don't mind ruining a few while you work on it. Once you get one fitting snugly, shimmy out of it and fold it up and pack it, along with a couple spare.

But if you can find a pullup that fits that'd probably be the better route to go. As Llayden says, leak guards are a plus. Sleep on your back and point down, should be fine. You'll probably wake up dry anyway, but othewise you should be covered.

Llayden & bambinod have already given very good advice.

But I must add, do your parents know about your bedwetting? I'd think they'd be willing to drive you to a store to get tape on diapers for your sleepover.

Llayden said:
So I take it your condition is known to him/his family? That's what it sounds like if you're willing to purchase them while he's around. If this is the case, I would recommend that you get a tape on style adult diaper. It will provide a better fit and coverage for your frame than Goodnites will. Absorbency will be about the same, maybe a bit more for the adult diaper. Otherwise stick with what you know will work. The good news is that it's an air mattress so it is easy to clean in case of an accident. Just make sure that if the mattress has a velour top, you flip it to the side that will have plastic on top.

It is dangerous to go into battle with an unproven rifle, just as it is dangerous to go to a sleepover with unproven protection. That's why I recommend a taped style adult diaper, it's an upgrade to your Goodnites. If you're REALLY concerned, you can place a Goodnite Tru-Fit in your new diaper, and even get disposable pads to lay on in case of leaks. But that all depends on your nightly output. However, if Goodnites have been working for you in capacity and leakage protection those suggestions would be overkill.

I would NOT recommend you changing to any adult style pull-ups. They are NOTORIOUSLY bad. Especially for overnight protection. Not only that they tend to run pretty large and would not provide the most secure fit on your frame. The two brands that I would tentatively recommend though are Kroger/Rite Aid Overnight Underwear, and maybe Always Discreet.

The Kroger/Rite Aide Overnight Underwear have excellent absorbency, probably the best absorbency of any off the shelf sold in mainstream stores incontinence product. However, I am not sure that even the smallest size would fit you well. The Always Discreet offer second best absorbency than every other adult pull-up sold in stores, and I have managed to get by a night or two with them but I still don't completely trust them. The Always would probably provide the best fit for your size though as they are produced in more sizes they tend to have a closer fit. Both of these adult pull-ups are the only ones that offer standing leak guards. The rest do not.

Goodluck.

Thank you for the input. He kind of knows about my condition I think, but he doesn't know how I manage it. Can you recommend a good tape up diaper? I'm more than likely going to be at Ingles, but I think they only have Depends. Hopefully if I can get to Walgreens I can get Certainty brand diapers.

Edit: It's not unusual for me to split up from him in the store and meet him outside after I grab my grocerys.

- - - Updated - - -

bambinod said:
If you're going to go with a tape-on diaper, I'd suggest going out NOW and getting something at the store, and get home and try one or two on to figure out the fit. Don't mind ruining a few while you work on it. Once you get one fitting snugly, shimmy out of it and fold it up and pack it, along with a couple spare.

But if you can find a pullup that fits that'd probably be the better route to go. As Llayden says, leak guards are a plus. Sleep on your back and point down, should be fine. You'll probably wake up dry anyway, but othewise you should be covered.

My dads working, and we are in the middle of a move. I don't have time to leave the house until tonight when my friend picks me up. I'm going to be packing all day.

Edit: Thank you all for commenting so far! As probably most of you know I'm new here and I'm so thankful to have people who can help me with things like this.

SquishyAlien said:
Thank you for the input. He kind of knows about my condition I think, but he doesn't know how I manage it. Can you recommend a good tape up diaper? I'm more than likely going to be at Ingles, but I think they only have Depends. Hopefully if I can get to Walgreens I can get Certainty brand diapers.

Those are just about your only two choices for a store bought adult diaper. The Certainty's might be ok but their absorbency is not the best, nor do they have standing leak guards. The Depends plastic version work pretty well actually, but they are rather noisy if you are concerned about that. The cloth backed Depend might actually suit your needs here as they have a decent level of absorbency, are much quieter, and have the coveted standing leak guards.

How do you stand relationship wise with your friends parents? If they are good people, that you have a good relationship with as a longtime friend of their child you might consider talking to them and letting them know that there is a possibility of an accident. If you know them, and your friend, REALLY well a heads up would most likely be appreciated by them and would be seen as you making a very mature decision to take action and precaution. They might even be able to help you discreetly strip the bed in a worse case scenario if you don't choose to inform your friend and your protection fails or you elect to chance it without protection.

Llayden said:
Those are just about your only two choices for a store bought adult diaper. The Certainty's might be ok but their absorbency is not the best, nor do they have standing leak guards. The Depends plastic version work pretty well actually, but they are rather noisy if you are concerned about that. The cloth backed Depend might actually suit your needs here as they have a decent level of absorbency, are much quieter, and have the coveted standing leak guards.

How do you stand relationship wise with your friends parents? If they are good people, that you have a good relationship with as a longtime friend of their child you might consider talking to them and letting them know that there is a possibility of an accident. If you know them, and your friend, REALLY well a heads up would most likely be appreciated by them and would be seen as you making a very mature decision to take action and precaution. They might even be able to help you discreetly strip the bed in a worse case scenario if you don't choose to inform your friend and your protection fails or you elect to chance it without protection.

Actually, my friend is 21 and lives alone, I am obviously quite a bit younger than him, but we still hang out quite a lot. But thank you, I thought plastic backed Depends were discontuined though? As I am still a Little I love crinkles, and I don't REALLY care if my friend finds out, though I would prefer him not. If I cared too much I wouldent chance buying diapers while I'm in the same store as him lol. Thank you though so much for your help! As I said in my post previously, it means a lot having people to talk to about bed wetting and diapers in general. =)

The plastic backed smalls can still be found, at least in my area. If it's just the two of you, you should be fine if you can get your hands on something. Just pick up whatever you can when you guys go to the store and you can change before bed easily. Anything is better than nothing. You may even consider letting him know, it makes it easier if you're not worried about trying to hide anything.

If your friend is aware that you wet, then I'd think he wouldn't be the least bit surprised to find out you manage it by wearing protection. It's just the most logical solution. I'd tell him.

I was still wetting when I was 17 and my best friend was fully aware of it AND that I wore diapers. It made spending time with him much easier. You should do yourself a favor and let him know.

SquishyAlien said:
...So, I'm spending the night with a friend tonight, and I'm out of goodnites, and don't want to soak his air mattress...

So, how did it go? Were you able to procure and use the protection you needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back