Thread: Mattress Problems...

Unhappy Mattress Problems...

Yeah... So, I ran out of Goodnites and woke up to a soaked bed... Ugh... Does anyone have a good method of getting the urine smell out? It's driving me crazy.

Plenty of febreeze I guess. I've never tried.

I believe that you can reset it with water and then rub baking soda into the stain / smelly area, let it dry and then vacuum it up, do that a few times and it should neutralize it, you can also buy a little spray bottle of odor neutralizer from a medical supply place , the stuff is made to get rid of the smell in the air and on fabric.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

You also might try Resolve carpet cleaner for pets. It neutralizes dog pee. I've used it on our carpet. I use it generously and then after it's set for a while, vacuum it out with a shop vac.

I would also buy a good quality waterproof mattress protector. They make some quilted ones that look like fabric but don't let water pass. They don't crinkle so no one knows.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I would also buy a good quality waterproof mattress protector. They make some quilted ones that look like fabric but don't let water pass. They don't crinkle so no one knows.
    I can echo what dogboy said. I have the quilted mattress protector and it is comfortable and I don't notice any crinkle. This way, if you should leak in the future, you won't have to worry about the mattress, just put the mattress cover in the wash.

We have a quilted matteras protector on our bed and I sleep with a kylie under my side to soak up any leaks.

Thank you everyone for your help! I ended up masking the smell with a solution of essential oils and water, and that worked pretty well for the time being. I'll probably try some of these ideas in the future. Definitely need a mattress pad! Again thank you everyone!

I've used similar products to this for years.

http://m.toysrus.com/product/index.j...uctId=65193186

Miss Totally Toddler stain remover and air freshener , worked perfectly every time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk