Thread: Are Cushies Discreet?

Default Are Cushies Discreet?

I'm considering getting a sample of Cushies, either v2 or cloth-backed. I'd just like to know if either of those are discreet enough that I can wear around other people without them noticing.

In my experience with the old cloth backs i would say no. While they are cloth backed they arnt the kind of cloth backed diapes you come to expect from companies such as abena. I had some of them and still keep a couple arround and they are only a fraction less loud than a standard cushie. As for the V1 and V2, the V2 non cloth one will be moderately loud if its anything like the space diapers, and by loud im basing it off of a normal underware = 0 and and crumpling a piece of paper is a 10, the abena cloth are like a 1 and the space diapers are like a 5 or 6, most the sound i notice from them tho is from the tape landing panel crinkling no so much the rest of the diaper. Besides the issue of sound the V2 cushies will be FAR thicker than the standard cloth cushies and are hard to hide under clothes with out compression shorts. Basically if i were you and i had to choose between the V2 Cushies and the cloth ones i would probably choose the cloth ones only for the fact that #1 they are cloth and dont have a noisy tape landing panel, and #2 are thinner.

I wear the version 2 sdk everywhere, there is virtually no noise and although it feels bulky it gets hidden very well under a pair of loose fitting jeans and a slightly long t shirt. Over the past year and a half I've upped my wearing 10 fold and have invested in simple white onsies that act like tucked in under shirt, they keep a sagging wet diaper close to your body and if you bend over all you see is what looks like a white or blue tee shirt tucked into pants

Quote Originally Posted by HypocriticalHit View Post
    I'm considering getting a sample of Cushies, either v2 or cloth-backed. I'd just like to know if either of those are discreet enough that I can wear around other people without them noticing.
    I find the plastic backed ones fairly quiet amazingly and the profile not too revealing but you know if you are not wearing any pants over them, your top doesn't hang to your knees, it's daylight, the person isn't vision impaired they probably will notice and give you an "awww cute" moment.

Thanks for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by pampers4U View Post
    I wear the version 2 sdk everywhere, there is virtually no noise and although it feels bulky it gets hidden very well under a pair of loose fitting jeans and a slightly long t shirt.
    I suppose this is my best bet so far, but I'd just like to make sure, so can anyone else vouch for these or suggest something better?

The cloth-backed ones were, but ABU has discontinued them. The new plastic-backed ones, hell no. And they get HUGE very fast when wet. I recommend Tykables Overnights. They can be easily hidden under normal pants when standing. When sitting, though, you'll see a noticeable bulge in front, so carry a coat or something to lay across your lap. Tykables tend to get "longer" when wet, not wider or bulkier. They're also fairly wide when dry (not enough to cause a waddle, though) and feel incredible. I just ordered some as my out and about diaper. As a bonus, Tykables doesn't screw you on pricing for smaller orders. They only charge $25 for 10, whereas ABU charges $40 for 10 which is half the price for 40.

Note: Tykables run slightly smaller than other brands. Get a sample pack first.

I wore SDKs for a few weeks during the day and they actually weren't too bad for discreteness. The bulk in the front was a bigger issue than the sound for sure.

Would the Tykables or SDKs have the same level of discreetness under pajama pants? Or is that a completely different ball park?

Quote Originally Posted by HypocriticalHit View Post
    Would the Tykables or SDKs have the same level of discreetness under pajama pants? Or is that a completely different ball park?
    Generally speaking, anything with a loose fit around the pelvis is discrete looking. Something with a low inseam and loose fit around the waist hides a diaper bulge well. Part of the bulge is what happens when a high inseam presses on the bottom of your diaper and forces the crotch away from a "V" shape and into a "W" shape. The other half of it is the bulge outward in the front and back, which shows up if the material around your waist doesn't make a relaxed span across the gap where your diaper ends, highlighting the transition in the front and back.

I might take some pics of the differences that illustrate this later and post them. They don't show up well on film because a lot of it requires stereo vision to notice the change in depth in the material. Really the best way to tell if your diaper is too noticeable is with one of those tall mirrors. If you mount one near the floor, you can see yourself from chest to shoes. Step up close and turn around a bit and you can see if there are any obvious bulges going on. The perspective and stereo image you get from a mirror really helps you to see what others are seeing.

Those mirrors are under $6 at walmart. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-...irror/50110381

The ones I have here I haven't even bothered to mount on the wall yet, I just lean them up against the wall in the bedroom by the diaper cabinet.