Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The ball is rolling.

Default The ball is rolling.

Well the ball hopefully is now rolling, had a call from the mental health triage nurse answered a few questions and have an appointment on the 2nd of June with another nurse, I think so they can get as much information as they possibly can, and then hopefully I can have my psychological assessment

THIS IS FANTASTIC NEWS !!!!!

I'm really glad to see you followed through and got it done, in spite of those bureaucrats almost screwing it up. Congratulations, persistence pays off. I know how frustrating this has been for you (rightfully so) but the best is yet to come. Let us know how things are going.
    Last edited by Starrunner; 23-May-2016 at 14:12.

Argh I am so pissed off with myself tried getting to sleep early last night, didn't work tried to stay awake because it was too late fall asleep and sleep through my fucken appointment hopefully I can reschedule

I'm sorry to hear that. I do wish you luck in all of this.

Sorry to hear this. This stuff happens when you're nervous. It's a bit of a setback but nothing that can't be straightened out. Just call them, tell them what happened, and get it rescheduled. I have a feeling they're probably used to things like this going wrong at the start.

Keep in mind that you're at the doorway.... you've made it to the doorway and it's just a matter of opening it and getting through to the other side. It wasn't that long ago when that doorway wasn't even in sight. Sometimes the best plans get grounded at the start, but keep pushing, it'll be worth it. Don't beat yourself up about it.

acorn

I'd hazard a guess this appointment was about you and suffering from depression.

Contact the clinic asap. Be honest in explaining what happened and this is one of your symtoms. Appologise and ask if they can offer another appointmest.

If on the off-chance they refuse you oughtright, ask what options are still available to you. Do be persistant to the last, it will show you are being on the level.

Best wishes.

Thanks guys have managed to get a new appointment for the same day next week but in the afternoon this time

Quote Originally Posted by LittleManAlex View Post
    Thanks guys have managed to get a new appointment for the same day next week but in the afternoon this time

Quote Originally Posted by acorn View Post
    I'd hazard a guess this appointment was about you and suffering from depression.

Contact the clinic asap. Be honest in explaining what happened and this is one of your symtoms. Appologise and ask if they can offer another appointmest.

If on the off-chance they refuse you oughtright, ask what options are still available to you. Do be persistant to the last, it will show you are being on the level.

Best wishes.
    I was furious with myself more than anyone, but if they weren't willing to give me a new appointment I was prepared to refuse to leave until they did... thankfully it did not come to that.

acorn

Quote Originally Posted by LittleManAlex View Post
    I was furious with myself more than anyone, but if they weren't willing to give me a new appointment I was prepared to refuse to leave until they did... thankfully it did not come to that.
    K, glad you got your foot in the door. From personal experience, the NHS is a good service overall. They have an obligation to try work with "you" except in cases where the customer is abusive or threatening.

If you would like to try the Guantanamo Bay experience, do come over to Ireland. My proposed rotor cuff surgery is on hold pending an urgent pulmonary investigation. That investigation is planned so far off into the future, it would be fair enough to summise the consultant is at least convinced of his own immortality.

The only good news I have is the threat of prison arising from a road traffic accident last November, is done and dusted. This will be a source of dismay to some on here, I'm sure - But as you know yourself, you can't please all adisc'ers all of the time.

So anyways, best of luck to you and take care of yourself old bean.