Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New survey - social life of ABDLs

Default New survey - social life of ABDLs

Please take my survey!

Since every single peer reviewed article pertaining to ABDLs has explored the phenomena from a psychological perspective, I have decided to do something different and do survey research from a sociological standpoint. Assuming I collect enough data, I would like to turn the responses into an article to submit for publication in a peer reviewed journal. IP tracking is turned off so everyone stays anonymous. Instant results have been turned on, so after you take the survey you can see how other people before you responded. There are only 10 questions. Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by HogansHeroes; 28-May-2016 at 20:24. Reason: snipped, as OP admitted he's not associated with any academic institute

I was surprised by the lack of involvement in a faith communities. I would expect about the same ratios as the general population.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonshot View Post
    This survey is flawed, it did not record my age as entered.
    Same here. I wonder why? Anyway, I thought it was interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by anon777 View Post
    Please take my survey and help to advance the presence of ABDL in peer reviewed academic literature!

Since every single peer reviewed article pertaining to ABDLs has explored the phenomena from a psychological perspective, I have decided to do something different and do survey research from a sociological standpoint. Assuming I collect enough data, I would like to turn the responses into an article to submit for publication in a peer reviewed journal. IP tracking is turned off so everyone stays anonymous. Instant results have been turned on, so after you take the survey you can see how other people before you responded. There are only 10 questions. Thanks for your help!
    No offense intended, but your post actually comes across as somewhat deceptive. If you're involved with an academic institution, you should disclose that. Moreover, your survey does not have a privacy statement, and while you state in your post that IP tracking is off, I'm not able to identify that anywhere in the survey (and again your lack of privacy statement with the survey means I have no reassurance that you're telling the truth and no recourse if you're lying). I'm concerned that this isn't an ethical way to collect data and I'd ask you to provide more information in line with other recent academic studies that have been brought up on this board.

Default Use caution...

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieRoni View Post
    No offense intended, but your post actually comes across as somewhat deceptive. [...]
    I have asked for moderator review (I have reported the thread) due to a few other potential issues that I'm seeing as well...

My personal opinion alone: I would not follow this link, much less participate in the survey/questionnaire until we get an all clear from a moderator...

Do as you see fit...
    Thank you and, for now,
    -Marka

Thanks for the good advice, guys. The post struck me as lacking in clear information compared to the other recent surveys posted here, so I was hesitant to respond to it. Thanks, Archironi, for letting us know what information is required to verify a survey's authenticity. We've had so many of these surveys recently, it's almost like we've become the 'flavour of the month,' so it's good to be reminded that we should still proceed with caution..
    Last edited by Starrunner; 23-May-2016 at 14:15.

I believe surveymonkey is a legit vehicle, but that doesn't say anything either way about the person or persons creating the survey. I'm staying away.

I use Puffin Incognito mode so the IP couldn't be tracked. So no worries for me there.