Not open for further replies.

Lmgmz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
So my mom found out that I'm an AB/DL yesterday, she went through my stuff when I was in the hospital for a week and confronted me about the baby stuff I have. It was very very awkward[emoji15]

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Hey there,

I told my mom a month ago, she was really calm about it and I think she is okay with it...I am not 100% sure, but I am looking forward to our next meet-up (I am not wearing when I am at her place and I propably wont when she comes to visit next week).

I was super scared about telling my mom, because if she sees a 3 year old with diapers or a pacifier, she usually says that this one it to old/big for that kind of things, but for now I am glad I told her.

You said it was awkward, would you like to tell us a little more?
Sorry if I am too nosey^^

Kind regards,
Sabu

SabuInu said:
Hey there,

I told my mom a month ago, she was really calm about it and I think she is okay with it...I am not 100% sure, but I am looking forward to our next meet-up (I am not wearing when I am at her place and I propably wont when she comes to visit next week).

I was super scared about telling my mom, because if she sees a 3 year old with diapers or a pacifier, she usually says that this one it to old/big for that kind of things, but for now I am glad I told her.

You said it was awkward, would you like to tell us a little more?
Sorry if I am too nosey^^

Kind regards,
Sabu
Well when I came back, my mom approached me and asked about the diapers and wanted me to throw them out, and considering I just got a case of ABU space, I'm not gonna waste 80 bucks

You are not doing anything wrong. Don't throw them away. Had she minded her own business and respected your privacy she would know nothing about the diapers. Parents(unfortunately) will always be parents.

Yeah, it seems strange that she would confront you about it since you're 35 years old. It's only diapers for God's sake, or at least, that's how it strikes me. At least it wasn't a crack pipe.

dogboy said:
Yeah, it seems strange that she would confront you about it since you're 35 years old. It's only diapers for God's sake, or at least, that's how it strikes me. At least it wasn't a crack pipe.

yeah tell her you'll just return them and use the money to get that new crack pipe you've had your eye on.... ;)

Your 35 years old. You tell her no I am keeping them and I like to wear them. It is your life your not a kid any longer you have to once in a while put on big boy pants and stand up for yourself.

SoakedinTexas said:
Your 35 years old. You tell her no I am keeping them and I like to wear them. It is your life your not a kid any longer you have to once in a while put on big boy pants and stand up for yourself.

Try to keep in mind life isn't always so fair - there are a lot of "my HOUSE, my RULES" parents, and most of the people that age that are living with their parents are doing so because they don't have any better options. So all they can do is endure it until they're able to move out.

Though I agree with you, the OP should do what they can to negotiate better terms with their landlords.

bambinod said:
Try to keep in mind life isn't always so fair - there are a lot of "my HOUSE, my RULES" parents, and most of the people that age that are living with their parents are doing so because they don't have any better options. So all they can do is endure it until they're able to move out.

Though I agree with you, the OP should do what they can to negotiate better terms with their landlords.
Yeah, the only reason I'm living with them is because I went to college again and needed a place to stay

Considering you're incontinent, she has no right to tell you to get rid of your diapers. Even if they're AB-themed diapers, there's nothing wrong with wanting your diapers not to look drab and dull, not to mention they're generally superior in performance to generic brands. If she gives you more trouble about it, point out how it's like taking away the crutches from someone with a broken leg.

Springcircle said:
Considering you're incontinent, she has no right to tell you to get rid of your diapers. Even if they're AB-themed diapers, there's nothing wrong with wanting your diapers not to look drab and dull, not to mention they're generally superior in performance to generic brands. If she gives you more trouble about it, point out how it's like taking away the crutches from someone with a broken leg.
True, true. We worked out a deal where I am allowed to keep them though!

I'm glad for that. I didn't mean to come down hard on you. In fact, I thought you had your own place and your mom was at your place. Even so, at age 35 and IC, you need your privacy. Good luck on your degree.

Glad that you were able to work out a deal to keep them. To me diapers are just another type of underwear. If/When someone confronts me about wearing, I let them know that I don't have a choice of underwear like "normal" people do, I don't question them about what they wear under their clothes, so why is it such a big deal what I wear. At least I change my underwear more often than others that wear "normal" underwear, lol.

Living with parents (If I've understood your situation correctly) can be a very tricky position to be in while being an AB/DL.

Yes, there is absolutely nothing wrong with wearing a diaper. But some people, especially in a living situation, may not be comfortable with you doing so, as being an AB/DL is hard for outsiders to understand. When living in someone else's house, you should expect to honor a level of common courtesy, so please be aware of that when dealing with parents. Here's a new motto: Diapers; Enjoy Responsibly.

I'm glad you worked out a deal, but you owe it to yourself to get out on your own so you can express your inner desires more freely.

When i was 38 my mom went thru my room got rid of my ab stuff I moved out two weeks later.
Now she understand's it but I can never be my self ever at her home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back