What is Depends thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powderedbum

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Here where I live I don't have many options for diapers so have been using Depends most of the time. I have learned to manage with them quite well but recently they changed everything. Talk about screwing up a decent thing . The new design is crap. No elastic waist band so they start to slide of with just the slightest wetness. The tapes don't hold up at all. And what is up with the cloth like outer shell. I will not be purchasing any more of these. After being a good customer of theirs for over 15 years I will now be giving my business to any other company that makes a real adult plastic backed diaper

Ik, Depend ruined there only good product. Were I live they dont even sell tape on diapers anywhere anymore. My walmart clearanced not only the depend, but there name brand diapers as well. The only way to get a good diaper is online.

Sadly Kimberely Clark Corporation is not owned by Incontinent folks they are enslavened by fat cats on Wall Street who care two sheets about if you are dry or wet they just want money money money money money shall I repeat it more , Ever since they listened to Wall Street and a number cruncher product quality took a serious nose dive for the worst and what professional company slams you for making a product suggestion oh wait its Kimberely Clark Corporation they think they know more about being dry than the millions who have incontinence and that Pay your pay checks silly me ! What ever happened to the "Wisconsin Nice" guess it met Wall Street and turned its backs on its consumers. You will never see me buy a Depend product,, caveat is EBAY vintage depends the good green backed depends were awesome and those I WILL buy ! It would take a legal contract with Kimberely Clark that states that the will make a product in line with Dry 24-7 or Abena or DC Amor and that product will be superior 1 gallon capacity and if one is not perfect then you get your purchase refunded and a new bag express mailed or fed exed to you overinght free of charge with the refund check included in that package for me to come back to Depend ,

Powderedbum said:
Here where I live I don't have many options for diapers so have been using Depends most of the time. I have learned to manage with them quite well but recently they changed everything. Talk about screwing up a decent thing . The new design is crap. No elastic waist band so they start to slide of with just the slightest wetness. The tapes don't hold up at all. And what is up with the cloth like outer shell. I will not be purchasing any more of these. After being a good customer of theirs for over 15 years I will now be giving my business to any other company that makes a real adult plastic backed diaper

2 decades ago, I used to wear DEPEND most of the time.
Yes, they suck!
They also do not come in size XL.

They catch a lot of hate, but I've always loved the Depend Max Protection (Protect with Tabs). It's probably because they were my first diaper, but they've always had a special place in my heart. They certainly aren't great diapers, but they were better than all of the other store-bought alternatives.

I loved them 8-10 years ago, before they changed the plastic backing to the softer plastic backing. I even liked them with the softer plastic backing. They were thin, and didn't have the capacity of premium diapers, but they were cheap, easily available, and I loved they way they fit. I'd still buy them occasionally in between my Abena purchases (in fact, I think I still have a few), but now Depend had to go and ruin their last good product.
I think I'll go online and try to buy some before the plastic-backed ones are completely sold out. I can't believe they did this, and judging from the feedback on their website, neither can most of their customer base.

Bad move, Kimberly-Clark.

I still have a store that sells the depend boost , they really rocked so of course they killed them, however I think the store that has them will never sell them because the price they ask is outrageous so even those that know they were a good product will not buy them, they have systematically over the years destroyed a good product,they practical invented this market segment and have worked hard at losing it, I think it's safe to say that this time they have finally succeeded at destroying the entire customer base.

Let's all take a moment to bow our heads in a moment of silence for a once great product, that has been changed from a diaper to an unmentionable product.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

AEsahaettr said:
Same here. I know some people love the giant diaper that makes them waddle but that isn't me. A lot of why I wear diapers boils down to the fact that I feel really comfortable in them. The fact they're nice and thin is a big park of that. I can cross my legs in a chair or pull one in front of me in bed without any flexibility issues. Besides, changings are a big part of my enjoyment. I love the feeling of taking the cold, wet diaper off and putting a warm, dry one on. So the fact they can't hold a gallon of urine isn't a dealbreaker for me. And they had good absorbency for the size, weight and cost. They weren't my fanciest cigar, but they were the one I could enjoy on a daily basis.

I agree completely. I love my Abenas, but sometimes they just feel too thick for me. It's a shame I only have a few Depends left. I'm really gonna miss them.

I kinda like the depends but I won't try the new ones I like plastic backed I will miss them

Well I have had to wear them for the last week and am not happy at all. I have to wear to work and up until now have had no problems. This last week has been hell though. Had three major leaks and the diaper wasn't even close to being full. I will never buy these again. Depends has lost my business forever!!!

I too am mourning the loss of plastic Depend Protection with Tabs. Thankfully, I've found that Tranquility ATNs are quite similar and a better product, too.

I am going to regret not having Depends w/Tabs to fall back on when my shipments are late. But tbqh, they'd been going down hill for years, that they finally joined the rest of the store brands in that regard is hardly surprising.

Depend haven't ever really been my favorite. Their fitted briefs with tabs are OK but the depends real fit are horrible. How can they get away with having no leak guards and not to mention virtually no padding?! I was shocked when I first bought them a few weeks ago and as expected they leaked with the first spout of wee. It seemed to go out of the nappy than actually in it. And they have the nerve to advertise this product for "heavy loss of bladder" *shaking head*.

That are for heavy loss of bladder, as long as you are the size of a smurf

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

The wierd thing about this is if you go to the Walmart website the reviews trash the new product, but if you go the depend website nothing but great reviews for the new product, KC is playing dirty

pampers4U said:
The wierd thing about this is if you go to the Walmart website the reviews trash the new product, but if you go the depend website nothing but great reviews for the new product, KC is playing dirty

I suppose at some point in the future we'll have consumer protection laws that forbid companies from hosting reviews and modding them to skew the publicly viewed results. But for now this is pretty common. There's just not usually enough P.R. backlash to force companies to behave. (which more often than not leads to them taking down the forum rather than allowing negative reviews to remain visible)

bambinod said:
I suppose at some point in the future we'll have consumer protection laws that forbid companies from hosting reviews and modding them to skew the publicly viewed results. But for now this is pretty common. There's just not usually enough P.R. backlash to force companies to behave. (which more often than not leads to them taking down the forum rather than allowing negative reviews to remain visible)

They don't seem to do that with the Goodnites reviews. Although, there are quite a few more positive reviews than negative.

They have the reviews on the Depend website set to show the "Featured Reviews" which are of course the 5 star reviews praising the new design. If you change the sort order to "Newest" you get all the 1 star reviews saying how bad they are and the Depend team member trying to spin things in their response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that's a shame. One Goodnite with holes and a Depend, and I was set for quite a few wettings. You'd be amazed how much the combo holds.

I was on the road for most of the day today (having traveled home for the holiday weekend), so I stopped at several small-town Walmarts, hoping to find some bags still on the shelves. So much disappointment - across three states, and not a single bag left.

I've only got 4 individual Depends left. Guess I'll just have to hold on to them for special occasions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back