Sensory Bottles

Status
Not open for further replies.

JellyBows

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
I discovered this delightful craft a few weeks ago and now I am addicted to making and using them. It's fun to mix and match glitters and water colorings, and also to add trinkets to the bottles! The ones I have contain confetti stars, blue/green water and gold, blue and green glitter in it. My other one has pink and silver glitter and plastic jewels.

http://alittledelightful.com/2014/04/diy-sensory-bottles.html

They are also known as Time Out bottles, Hush bottles, and Glitter bottles. Look for other various instructions on how to make these, as each one holds their own merits.

Very Nice !

After going to pinterest I think that I am most definitely going to make a calming bottle for myself (where you fill it with glitter water and glitter glue) and shake it up to get out your frustration and then you have to sit and watch in until all the glitter settles back down to the bottle, seems like that would be great to get your mind to stop racing after a long day at work. I think I'm also going to make an I-Spy bottle with trinkets and rice for the car. Totally fun on longer road trips. Thanks for the idea.

I made two :) didn't work super well - I used beads that ended up floating and the glitter clumped but we shall see. I made a huuuuuuge mess though - adult supervision required ;)

Use very hot water and a touch of dish soap to break up the glitter clumps. I used our Keurig machine for hot water. I held the bottles in an oven mitt when shaking them to mix. Yes, be very certain that a grown up is near by to help. Shake like crazy too. I filled it part way with the very hot water, added the glitter, glue, and then shook it all up. Shake till its all blended and shake some more. Then when it's all settled you can gradually add cold water and more clear glue if you so desire a slower flow.

Cool!
This reminds me of the glitter wand I used to play with as a kid.

KarmaBaby said:
I made two :) didn't work super well - I used beads that ended up floating and the glitter clumped but we shall see. I made a huuuuuuge mess though - adult supervision required ;)
I read the instructions on this, I think your supposed to mix superfine glitter with glitter glue before you put it into the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back