Status
Not open for further replies.

KryanAshford

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I went to the next down over having found three new pharmacies there. I went to each without finding a thing. They didn't even carry Depends. Has anyone had any luck with a local pharmacy?

If you're in the USA, pharmacies here are going to carry pretty much nothing more than Depends or Tena pants. You're probably not going to find an actual "diaper", so to speak, with a plastic backing and tapes and everything you're hoping to find. Pharmacists I've talked to have said they feel the majority of their clients aren't interested in something of that nature....and they're probably right. If you want a good diaper, you're going to have to hit up XP Medical, North Shore, or an AB diaper website.

American pharmacies just carry junk adult diapers and adult pull-ups.

You might try a medical supply store like LynnCare. Even theirs aren't going to be wonderful. Thank God for the internet.

Very rare in Aus for a pharmacy to have anything even passable. About 20 minutes drive I have a late night (till 10pm) pharmacy that stocks some molicare tape on but that's it in the local area.

I've been buying disposable adult diapers since they hit the market (really started seeing them regularly around the late seventies). I've noticed a few things. We're losing the local pharmacy for the big chains. Around here you won't find one that's not a CVS or Walgreens or embedded in Walmart or one of the other big boxes or chain grocers. As noted most places now are hard pressed to stock anything other than the consumer Depend/Poise/Serenety/Always, and even in those the less absorbant parts of those line. Also the big mail order places are squeezing out the smaller med supply places and more often than not the local med supplies don't stock diapers at all (they'll refer you to Walmart or Sams or whatever) or if they do, they have just one line of FQ or whatever they stock for the convenience of whatever their medicare customers need as an adjuct to other items they sell them.

Still I can't help but pop in and look at places. Every once and a while I'll find a better stocked local pharamcy with Tenas or Attends in them.

I used to be able to get Depends at Rite-Aid but they have gone to clothlike backing, so I'm done with them. Otherwise, I find the better bets are non-chain pharmacies or medical supply places if I need to purchase retail. These days, I'd be way more likely just to drive up to ABU and buy but i realize that's not practical for anyone outside the general Seattle area.

There are a few pharmacies that I've found that carry some good stuff. I've found diapers from Tena, Molicares, Tranquility, and even Abena. I like to check out little pharmacies every now and then. You might find some good stuff sometimes.

- - - Updated - - -

Trevor said:
I used to be able to get Depends at Rite-Aid but they have gone to clothlike backing, so I'm done with them. Otherwise, I find the better bets are non-chain pharmacies or medical supply places if I need to purchase retail. These days, I'd be way more likely just to drive up to ABU and buy but i realize that's not practical for anyone outside the general Seattle area.

The RiteAids around me in Puyallup still have plastic backed depends in S/M. The larges are cloth baked though. Thank goodness I wear the smaller ones.

In the US, if you can find a "surgical supply store", it's sort of a pharmacy on steroids. They'll carry the more medical-grade stuff for any and all conditions, including incontinence. I've found a number of higher capacity brands of diapers at them.

caitianx said:
American pharmacies just carry junk adult diapers and adult pull-ups.

I agree

The Pharmacies around here have become pretty crap, at the most now the seem to stock nothing more than you can get in a supermarket and we have a very large retiree population. They used to do Depends fitted briefs and now I laugh, $35 + for them, Thank god for Nurse Maude where I can get great Tena Maxi Slips for $16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back