Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I was shaking like mad when i went for my injection yesterday, but i turned out, i felt hardly anything. Because i was brave I got new Pacis image.jpg

I get scared everytime it's Injection day, thank goodness that was over with.
I was so brave, i didn't cry! (Or my more adult reaction, swearing!) so proud:paci:

What a big girl you are o/ Well done! ( and i really like your new paci :3 )

Well done for make the appointment in the first place. I would of found lots of thing to do so i did not have time to get there.
You deserve your new pacifier. And a big gold star.

Angelic said:
I was shaking like mad when i went for my injection yesterday, but i turned out, i felt hardly anything. Because i was brave I got new Pacis View attachment 26236

I get scared everytime it's Injection day, thank goodness that was over with.
I was so brave, i didn't cry! (Or my more adult reaction, swearing!) so proud:paci:

Injection for what?
Please Clarify.

When I was four years old I used to get 20 shots up and down my right arm and then 20 on my left. It's how they used to check and see what you were allergic to. Then I'd get the allergy shot on top of that. Afterward, my mom would take me to get ice cream. The shots didn't really bother me. Now, I inject my wife if she goes really low blood sugar. It's amazing what we can learn to endure, and even do ourselves.

dogboy said:
When I was four years old I used to get 20 shots up and down my right arm and then 20 on my left. It's how they used to check and see what you were allergic to. Then I'd get the allergy shot on top of that. Afterward, my mom would take me to get ice cream. The shots didn't really bother me. Now, I inject my wife if she goes really low blood sugar. It's amazing what we can learn to endure, and even do ourselves.

I remember those shots, although I was older (11 or 13?). I needed to get one shot every week during Spring, Summer and Fall and one a month in Winter until I went overseas at 20.

I guess this was one reason that shots/injections don't bother me much. (Yes, I do prefer a pill but an injection is no big deal.)

I do understand that for some people an injection causes anxiety. To the OP - I'm glad things went well.

caitianx said:
Injection for what?
Please Clarify.
it was for Meningitis and septcemia

So big and brave. And gives u a big hug....huggles

You did well. You deserve this new paci!
tumblr_lmpgr3XHOG1qfeod9.jpg

I HATE needles, congratulations!

Angelic said:

Wow, that's very serious. I hope you are getting better. It's a good thing you got that shot.

I have a friend who passes out at the sight of blood. Everyone has something that bothers them.

Angelic said:

Those are serious.

I get 4-8 injections twice a week and today an additional 12 ..... lovely trigger point and prolotherapy for the stupid migraines and neck issues. :\ Not a fun day, although I get called a tough kid all the time because I just take it. They do help the pain though and especially today - the migraine head pain was WAY worse than the needles they put in. It was a crying little day all day; at least I'm puppy sitting and have a 100 pounder to snuggle with - that helped and the goofy terrier and my two bratty cats.

I didn't cry until I was in the car - does that still count? lol

Well done :) :)

I inject myself about 6 times every single day... T1 diabetes eh....

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

I'm not unwell, it was to prevent Meningitis and septcemia not because i had it

Every good little gets their immunisations 😊

I only allow needles in my body when a medically trained professional is sticking me, and I have to watch it so I don't flinch and break the needle.

Oh needles are scary :(
i have to inject myself once a week for my transgender hormone therapy, but it doesnt get anyless scary so I always make sure my stuffie is with me. im jealous you got a new binky but i think you earned it!

You're such a brave girl, Angelic. I hope they gave you a sucker. If not then you should reward yourself in some little way.

*shudders* They did that to me when I was little, but at the time I was terrified of needles, and had a very low pain threshold. The doctor accused me of being a sissy and said I should play more sports. Well, he was kind of right about one thing.

PaddedPaddler said:
Well done :) :)

I inject myself about 6 times every single day... T1 diabetes eh....

Welcome to the club you never wanted to belong to,
I am shooting up 4 X s a day plus stabbing the finger to get the blood to test 4 X s a day.

I used to pump insulin but right now I'm back on the needle for awhile.

Shots of insulin aren't to bad it's the checking of the A1c that suck's because my skin is very tough and my veins roll so they have to use the pediatric butterfly needle on me. Most people think that that's a small needle however it is actually larger and harder than the regular adult needles, then again when I was a kid an IM shot was done with something about the size of a ballpoint pen compared to today's needles.

I have to get an IM every month for anemia, my arm muscles have shrunk so much that I have to get them in my butt, that's almost more trouble than they are worth because I have to be helped out of my chair and flipped over my diaper removed in order to get the shot and then ever thing done in reverse.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back