World of Tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice :D

How is it?

I played the Pz.58 Mutz last friday with a friend, still need to figure out how to play it correctly. Damage wise I'm doing well, but win rate said NO x3

My team died too quickly so I had no time reacting to it because I was still fighting another flank, could be the holidays and to much new players I guess, but I had fun anyway^^

Last edited:
SabuInu said:
Nice :D

How is it?

I played the Pz.58 Mutz last friday with a friend, still need to figure out how to play it correctly. Damage wise I'm doing well, but win rate said NO x3

My team died too quickly so I had no time reacting to it because I was still fighting another flank, could be the holidays and to much new players I guess, but I had fun anyway^^

At least you had fun. I really enjoy the T-28 Prot. The armor is fantastic (from the front) and the gun is pretty nice as well. It's just having to get used to the speed of the thing. It's S-L-O-W! You really have to plan out your route from the beginning, and once you set off there is little chance of you re-positiong to counteract new threats. That being said, it is aMAZINGly good fun when you're top tier. When top tier, T-28 is not a TD, T-28 is assault tank. I usually use it like a top tier heavy and push the main lines. Sometimes, I am the only tank pushing, and all the red guys are right in front of me dancing in and out of cover with all their rounds bouncing off like crazy as I happily put in big shell after big shell.

But that speed...ugh. If only it were a bit quicker. I am just 40,000xp or so away from the Tier 9 T-30 TD. I have enough free xp, and it's hard to not use it sometimes, but I am trying to keep it.

40k is not that much with a fully upgraded tank especially when you have still fun with it. The last tank I spend a lot of free-xp was the Centurion 7/1, the top gun is just amazing, along with the quiet bouncy turret and -10° gun depression it's very punishing to enemies when fighting ridge lines.

T30 would be the only one in that line I want, that thing is a hull-down monster and it's a little faster I think. Had a few games with the T29 where the enemies started to fire HE like crazy because they can't dig us out from our hull-down positions, that was hilarious xD

I'm looking forward to the T-30 for sure. I can't believe this, but I unlocked another MOE (mark of experience, barrel mark) yesterday. This one in on my Löwe which is pretty cool. I don't recall ever seeing any on other Löwes. This got me thinking and I had a quick look through my stats and found that I'm really close to more MOE's on several other tanks. I'm fairly close on a few German TD's and not so far away from a second barrel mark on my Sherman Jumbo.

Through the grinds T5 and up I usually get the first mark, but I don't get close enough to the second.

I don't have one on my German TDs, I have the Jagdtiger before any of the marks where released^^

I had a monster first game yesterday in my jumbo that got me my second barrel mark. It was absolutely ridiculous. I could've had ten kills it it DPM were slightly better, or my alpha was just a tad higher for the DPM I have.

Llayden said:
I had a monster first game yesterday in my jumbo that got me my second barrel mark. It was absolutely ridiculous. I could've had ten kills it it DPM were slightly better, or my alpha was just a tad higher for the DPM I have.

Hmm, since my platoon mate has not chosen anything for our evening (hope he will be there to play with me), do you have a suggestion what kind of tanks we could play to increase our chances to win more games this time?^^

SabuInu said:
Hmm, since my platoon mate has not chosen anything for our evening (hope he will be there to play with me), do you have a suggestion what kind of tanks we could play to increase our chances to win more games this time?^^

TOG's. All TOG's all the time. Hahaha!

Llayden said:
TOG's. All TOG's all the time. Hahaha!

He's not showing up...

Thanks for the suggestion but I would rather paly the KV-2 then :neener_neener:

I don't have a TOG and I won't buy it unless they add it to World of Warships xD

SabuInu said:
I don't have a TOG and I won't buy it unless they add it to World of Warships xD

I don't either. Strangely enough, my first game today was in a Stug IV and I destroyed two TOG's. I haven't seen a TOG on console in a VERY long time.

I had my Jumbo hull down, on the front line, in a top tier match. Wow. I got 6332xp (doubled), managed 2116 damage, 3024 assisted, blocked 2370, 20 pens with 4 kills. I got a whole slew of medals and blocked 26 hits. I'm exhausted. What a match! Not bad for a slow tier 6 medium with low alpha.

Llayden said:
I had my Jumbo hull down, on the front line, in a top tier match. Wow. I got 6332xp (doubled), managed 2116 damage, 3024 assisted, blocked 2370, 20 pens with 4 kills. I got a whole slew of medals and blocked 26 hits. I'm exhausted. What a match! Not bad for a slow tier 6 medium with low alpha.

6332xp doubled woooot :eek:

I only tried to get my first win in my WZ-131, my platoonmate wasn't online since 13days (I don't know what happened to him and I hope he's alright)and my teams where just terrible...no support what so ever...

I won 1 in 10 games or so....my win rate is really bad with this thing....I really like it but somehow it's cursed....

Yep...just checked my stats for my WZ....20% win rate... -.-

SabuInu said:
I won 1 in 10 games or so....my win rate is really bad with this thing....I really like it but somehow it's cursed....

It's strange when you get caught in that cycle, and frustrating. It can be especially frustrating if you've managed to have REALLY good results and performance in those games but you still lose. Then when you're team finally wins, it's the game where you get nuked by a blind arty shot 30 seconds into the game or something and you end up with 100xp for your first daily win.

Those are the days that I consider never playing again, hahaha!

So, when are you going to join me on Xbox One?

Sorry not gonna happen, I won't buy a console again and the Ping from the EU would be terrible :(

SabuInu said:
Sorry not gonna happen, I won't buy a console again and the Ping from the EU would be terrible :(

Awww, sad face.

The frustration is real. 10 games in my T-28 Prot, all losses. They were almost all entirely tier 9/10, on the largest most hilly maps available, and I still put up 3-4000 damage in each game. All overwhelming losses thanks to tanks that can't even put up as much damage as they have hit points. Don't mind the bottom tier slow ass TD is putting up 3-4 times its hit points.

Game number 11 was my first win of the day. Really good matchmaking (mostly tier 8's, a few 9's) on Himmelsdorf. Couldn't ask for any better really. I lumber my way to "heavy alley" as my entire team rushes the hill. Not another tank is in heavy alley with me. I post up on a corner with a small mound protecting my lower plate and 4 enemy heavies pop up in front of me crowding the alley.

I lick my chops and get ready to set into all of them, it was a perfect situation for my heavy frontal armor and quicker heavy gun. I get the fist round off and take 520hp from a T-32 and knock out his gunner. I pull back into cover as the rounds are raining in towards me...or at least I TRIED to. Some F****ing potato in a bottom tier scout had come up directly behind me and was just sitting there trying to shoot back at all these top tier heavies with his little scout gun.

Damn guy just sat there as I kept trying to back up. I couldn't budge and the shells were bouncing like crazy off of my turret. I reloaded just as they started to pen me finally and I got a snap shot off on the T-32 that deviated right into his mantlet and bounced. I still couldn't friggin' move because of that damn scout. The finally started zeroing in and knocked me out.

One pen, that's all I did. No one else followed me, other than that scout, so no assist damage. Their entire team was trundling down that line, and that damn scout didn't even stick around to get what he deserved and scampered off as soon as he got me killed. That was my first win of the day. I managed a whopping 238exp, and was the only tank to die on my team.

Sometimes I REALLY dislike how this game makes me feel.

I guess everyone knows that feel when it comes to WoT, of course you win the worst match you played the entire day...

...the last artillery match I won was a 0 dmg game, where the enemy arty killed me blind (yes somehow after I repositioned)...my good arty games are usually loses, maybe because I had more time to do damage.

Saturday wasn't good at all, I hope it's getting better if I get the next guns on my WZ, I won't play arty anymore, too frustrating....you know what you need to do to win, but the arty keeps missing.

Llayden, do you play your tanks stock or do you unlock a few things and just grind the xp for the next tank?

I played the M4 Sherman for the first time and my performance wasn't that good, when I played it again after I unlocked the tracks and turret to mount the 76mm gun I almost doubled my effectiveness in that vehicle...without really playing better IMO.

Kind regards,
Sabu

It depends on the tank. I've found with some tanks I don't mind the grind, and yet there are others that are so horrible that I cannot fathom how the hell I'm going to be able to do it. With those tanks, I'll start grinding free XP and silver like crazy on my few premiums.

I don't really remember playing the M4 Sherman too much, however, I know for a fact that the 76mm gun is what really makes the tank effective. The 75mm has such crappy pen values but the 76 is pretty decent with a great rate of fire. On console, it isn't possible to equip the 76 on the Jumbo without the upgraded turret. But the upgraded turret has way less armor than the standard one.

I usually end up vacillating between the two on that tank, lol. I'll put on the 76 with better turret (better view range, less armor) and enjoy the better gun handling. But when it seems like I'm getting into games where that gun handling isn't really helpful anymore and I feel the armor is lacking I'll swap on the older turret with the 75.

The better armor always brings a big grin as shells just bounce all over the place, but that crappy 75 erases the smile because IT bounces all over the place.

Okay, that is a good point, I shouldn't be so greedy with my free-xp ^^'

I still have a stock KV-13 and trust me that thing is horrible xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back