Difference Between Adult Baby & Little

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoungYoshi

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
So I've seen the term 'little' a few times since I've looked into AB/DL stuff, but I'm not sure what it means. What is the difference between and AB and a little?

Well us Littles are better looking. Hee,hee.

Ho you what a sensible answer. Hee,hee

As I understand stand it.
It depends on how young you like to regress. Some like to go as far as 12 mouths to 3 year.
I have time when my mind goes there. But I don't like it becouse it takes me some time to come back up.

I am A little and I like to be about 5 years old.

And there are Middles wich is My Son he likes to be about 14 but he has gone to 11/12.

There no right or wrong. And regression is a great way to relax. And find your inerchild.

Hope that answers your questions.

Hee, hee

Sisi

Thanks

I agree with Sisi, it's about what age you feel like. But it's up to each person if they perfer to identify as an AB or a little. Personally, I like being an AB.

It seems the term ''little'' can mean a couple different things based on context. It's come to be pretty interchangeable with adult baby, except as sisi mentioned, littles might identify with an age that's older than a baby or toddler. However, it might also indicate someone who ageplays in a more BDSM context, such as ''daddy doms'' with ''little girls.''

I see it as a distinction without a difference and just a matter of preference for one what wishes to be called. I prefer AB (actually, ABDL, as I see it as parts of a whole) and understand that any age regression or affinity for objects isn't limited to literal babies. Although I like the inherent contradiction of Adult Baby, I'd be willing to go along with a change of identification. I don't see "little" as a very good one because of the potential confusion with BDSM and that it's a very general term for Internet searching.

Well, outside of the BDSM world it can have different meanings to different people.

You can say that anybody that feels, thinks, or acts younger then their age could be called a "little"*.

*The BDSM side has a more stricter meaning, but also has more names like:
AB/DL, little, Middle, little girl, princess, brat, babygirl/baby girl, ect, all of which have their own meaning and place in how that person acts/behaves and is treated by others.

Here comes the Doctor Seuss logic, lol
ABs can be littles.
ABs can be DLs
But not all ABs are littles or DLs.

DLs can be ABs
Dls can be littles
But not all DLs are ABs or littles

Littles can be Abs
Littles can be DLs too
But not all littles are ABs or DLs.

So how many ABs, Dls and littles can you find in the picture on the next page? lol!

MandyBear said:
Well, outside of the BDSM world it can have different meanings to different people.

You can say that anybody that feels, thinks, or acts younger then their age could be called a "little"*.

*The BDSM side has a more stricter meaning, but also has more names like:
AB/DL, little, Middle, little girl, princess, brat, babygirl/baby girl, ect, all of which have their own meaning and place in how that person acts/behaves and is treated by others.

Here comes the Doctor Seuss logic, lol
ABs can be littles.
ABs can be DLs
But not all ABs are littles or DLs.

DLs can be ABs
Dls can be littles
But not all DLs are ABs or littles

Littles can be Abs
Littles can be DLs too
But not all littles are ABs or DLs.

So how many ABs, Dls and littles can you find in the picture on the next page? lol!

They forgot the Middles, And the fairies, And the pets, And the man in the moon.

But I think there are 7 ABs, 7 Littles, and there are 7 DLs.

Is that right. Do I get a gold star. Hee, hee.

I think it's mainly just a way to label yourself. I consider myself a little, it's not at ALL sexual but it's due to the fact that I identify with the age of about 3 or 4 which is a little kid not a baby. Sometimes I still go a little farther back especially when I am particularly tired but not a lot. I mostly think preschool age.

What MandyBear said.

I'm new to ABDL and I was confused by how little seemed to have so many meanings. But as I learned more I realized it was just a very subjective phrase: it means what the person(s) using it want it to mean.

I do my best not to dwell long on the meaning of "little". As discussed above, it's a pretty ambiguous thing. Some use it as a catch-all that includes behaviors associated with AB, while at the same time, others use it to indicate that they don't do baby stuff at all. :shrug: This latter usage seems fairly common, which is bothersome for a few reasons:
* "Little" and "baby" go pretty well together, actually.
* As soon as more specific terms are created for non-baby age-play, "little" becomes even more ambiguous than it already is.
* As Trevor mentioned, web-searching for "little" is a relatively futile endeavor.

I also wonder whether the term "little" has evolved, in part, as a place to hide from some perceived "AB" stigma--a sort of smokescreen that allows a person to identify as an age-player without showing his whole hand. A few people here have given me the impression that they use it for that reason. In a community where all of us are already hiding behind assumed aliases and avatars, deliberately obscuring ones practices seems a tad excessive, but who am I to judge? :)

Are people still into pretending there's a difference? Some things never change. :p

We're all unique, everyone experiences being an AB/ageplayer/little/infantilist/(did I forget anything common?) differently! Feel free to use any term you prefer for yourself, but don't correct others if they don't agree with your definitions, because they are not set in stone.

Hi YoungYoshi.
I see you are nwe to our community.
And it looks like we are off with your quistion, bont worry. It will go on for a full day then we will all find something else to play with.
Just Relax and enjoy the ride.

Hee, hee

I don't think that there is a definition of 'Little' that everyone agrees on. My own personal take on it (and everyone is biased one way or the other) is that 'Littles' are little all the time and only act at being adult because they have adult responsibilities. 'Littles don't so much regress and they 'progress'. An 'Adult Baby' is a regressive.

Here's one possible explanation of the differences (my opinion only);

Regressive/ Adult Baby – A Regressive is an adult who can put their mind into the mental state of a child. When in this state of mind, regressives exhibit child-like behaviors and interests appropriate to the age with which they identify. This is not 'acting' but a real change in mind-set. Regressives can identify as infants or toddlers (babies) or as young children (pre-teen or teen). However, a Regressive's natural mental state is that of an adult. Typically, Regressives are sexual when they are regressed and their regression ends when they orgasm. Regressives can also switch genders during their regression and identify as a child of the opposite sex.

Little – Littles are adults who are internally child-like and naturally exhibit childish behaviors and interests. Littles are innocents. Their natural mental state is that of a child. Littles are able to 'act' grown-up because they have to live in the adult world but are most comfortable being Little. Littles usually identify as young children (pre-teen or teen) and can usually tell you their Little age. Littles are often asexual and believe that sexual play is inconsistent with the essential innocence of their child. Littles rarely switch genders.

That is an interesting viewpoint Tickles, adding Regressive into the mix. I will disagree with you on the sexual aspect. I identify as an AB and am seldom sexual when regressed, and regression doesn't end with orgasm. I'm sure some Littles will tell you that they are very sexual.

A descriptor that I like is ageplayer. My definition would be for someone who chooses to act a certain age for a period. Sometimes this is part of sexual play. The contrast to an ageplayer is someone who is a lifestyle AB/DL/Little, for who this is more a part of who they are that gets expressed at different times.

As in all cases, this is just my own opinion. Everyone is free to agree or disagree and offer their own comments.

ORBaby said:
Ageplayer. My definition would be for someone who chooses to act a certain age for a period. Sometimes this is part of sexual play.
I agree with your definition of 'Ageplayer' and would add that age players do not regress, they simply act like a child in a sexual context. A girlfriend 'baby-talking' to you is a mild form of age play as it is when couples call each other 'baby'.

I've also seen 'Ageplay' used as a general term to include anything (fetish or not) related to the age dynamic (ABDL, DDLG, etc.)

'Adult Baby' is also flawed if it's used as a general term. AB's aren't necessarily Adults or Babies. That's why I use the term 'Regressive' instead of Adult Baby, it's more inclusive.

tickles51 said:
I agree with your definition of 'Ageplayer' and would add that age players do not regress, they simply act like a child in a sexual context. A girlfriend 'baby-talking' to you is a mild form of age play as it is when couples call each other 'baby'.

I've also seen 'Ageplay' used as a general term to include anything (fetish or not) related to the age dynamic (ABDL, DDLG, etc.)

'Adult Baby' is also flawed if it's used as a general term. AB's aren't necessarily Adults or Babies. That's why I use the term 'Regressive' instead of Adult Baby, it's more inclusive.

Not that I expect any term to be perfect but "regressive" doesn't work for me as I don't engage in regression. Personally, I like the inherent contradiction of "adult baby". I'm an adult with a wacky affinity for diapers and baby stuff, so it works. We're probably never going to please everyone.

This applies equally well to labels for people as it does to electronics and tech. https://xkcd.com/927/

Bah I used to label myself as a little but when i discovered diapers I felt like i needed to call myself an ab but am a nonsexual little ab so I feel like i don't fit into either

It isn't just about what age you regress to though, its also about what you do in that space In a lot of ways the two terms mean the same thing. I always thought of it as a blanket term. Adult Baby is like the umbrella and then littles middles and the rest were all under that big category. Sometimes i think we have way to many labels, they all become way to confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back