Status
Not open for further replies.

babyblueblanket

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
Well the delay kinda stinks but at least ordering will be available the beginning of June. Has there been any official word on what base the diaper has been built on? The pictures indicate it might be on the cushies V2 base. (Which sadly I have not tried yet), but anyway, the print looks awesome!

I believe I saw somewhere that the v2 is exactly what it is built on... On that subject I have another matter.
Is anyone here around the 36-38 inch waist area and tried the new SDK's/Cushies? For me, mediums kinda suck, as its really tight and overall unpleasant to wear. But idk about large. Should I just grab a sample? Or is it actually just straight gargantuan?

I would get a sample pack first to try them out because I don't want to buy a diaper that I will only wear one time
OhHeyThere said:
I believe I saw somewhere that the v2 is exactly what it is built on... On that subject I have another matter.
Is anyone here around the 36-38 inch waist area and tried the new SDK's/Cushies? For me, mediums kinda suck, as its really tight and overall unpleasant to wear. But idk about large. Should I just grab a sample? Or is it actually just straight gargantuan?

OhHeyThere said:

I'm working on a diaper spreadsheet that will include estimated sizing. (I know several others have make a spreadsheet but I don't know how measurements were made so I'm just going to redo it myself to make sure it's consistent) I don't have a lot in it yet but the SDK2 are there. The single tapes make them a bit of an odd duck for fit, but it says it fits 37.75 - 62". Since the 62 is so far off from ABU's rated 48 I rechecked the math twice. The shell width is 32", so at only 1" of overlap on each side, that's 32x2-2 = 62. Overlap at a given width can be calculated also, so (48-32)/2 = 8" of overlap on each side on a 48" waist. That's quite a lot for an "upper limit" spec? I don't have any mediums to measure, but if their upper limits are similarly conservative, the medium may fit quite a bit higher than ABU has suggested, if you don't mind a short overlap on the sides. BTW, my 37.75" minimum waist was calcualted where the front tapes are within 3" of touching in the front. So your tapes will be within 2.5-4" of each other in the front with a Large if that bothers you. You're definitely right there on the low edge of Large.

If anyone wants to measure a medium SDK2 and get me the numbers I can put it in. Here's all the data I gather on each diaper:
- date of purchase (since they change things from time to time)
- size class
- shell type: plastic, clothlike, or hybrid (hybrid being plastic center and clothlike sides)
- front, back, both, or no waistband elastic
- number of tapes (each double use tape counts as one tape)
- taping attempts (1 or 2 for single/double use tapes, or 'panel' for retape panel)
- shell width
- tape length (x2)
- front tape zone width (hybrid only)
- padding width in crotch
- shell length, stretched firmly
- pad length, stretched firmly
- standing leak guard height (0 if none)
- dry weight (accurate to 1/10 oz, measure as many as you can at a time on your highest precision scale and divide by the qty)

I don't measure padding width, and capacity can be too subjective to bother with. (though I do track my own personal max wet weights) Lengths are measured to nearest 1/2 inch.

Given that I can calculate belt minimum (top tapes within 3" of touching) and belt max (this one's complex to work out) My spreadsheet also lets you enter your waist, desired minimum pad length, preferred materials, minimum leak guard requirements, and minimum shell length, and then tells you what will fit. I've tweaked it enough that it makes the correct call on all the diapers I've entered into the spreadsheet as to whether or not they will fit properly.

I'd also take measurements on any other diapers you happen to have around. I just got started on this and here's what I've entered so far:

Molicare Super Plus M
Molicare Comfort Super M
Molicare Comfort Super L
Molicare Super Plus L
ID Expert Slip Maxi PE M
ID Expert Slip Maxi PE L
Seni Super Plus Brief M
Seni Super Plus Brief R
Seni QuadroV2 Brief R
XPMedical Absorbency Plus L3 R
XPMedical Absorbency Plus L4 R
Rearz Safari L
Rearz Spoiled L
ABUniverse SDKv2 L
ABUniverse Space L
ABUniverse Little Pawz L
Tykables Waddler Overnights L

Probably a great thing for them to widen the range for some more feminine products but boy I wish they had made them all pink like an '90s Huggies Her.

Argent said:
Probably a great thing for them to widen the range for some more feminine products but boy I wish they had made them all pink like an '90s Huggies Her.

DiaperConnoisseur makes the DC Amore Kitten in a basically all-pink diaper if you're looking for one. They're very good diapers and priced very reasonably.

Just my personal take on the Lavenders.... "ugly". Sorry, just how I feel about the look. I also kinda wish they'd get away from the "sides look very different from the fronts", makes them look a lot more like a pullup than a pure diaper. The pawz have a good enough pattern to distract from that for the most part for me - I wasn't expecthing them to grow on me but they did. But at the end of the day, function starts to take a back seat to appearances, and ABU is certainly delivering the goods on performance.

I wish they would bring back the Sissy diapers..

The DC Amore Kitten do look good but it would look awesome IMO if they had a single tape per side like the SDK and this new Lavender.

Wasn't a fan of the Anime theme on the original Amore (and I love Anime) but the shade of pink comes up nice on the screen.

Pampers4Chris said:
I wish they would bring back the Sissy diapers..

what about ABU's Princess? Or DC Amore Kittens?

There are some good options available at this point.

For me, Rearz Pink Princess is the only good pink diaper at the moment. The landing zone print on the Amore is too weird, and the ASC pink misses the mark in a few ways.

If someone did a single-tape diaper that was primarily pink, I'd die happy.

DloverUK said:
If someone did a single-tape diaper that was primarily pink, I'd die happy.

SDK2.0_Button.png + hotpink_68.jpg

(there is apparently no way to delete an attached thumbnail of the wrong image)

Attachments

• Simple_Button.png
    Simple_Button.png
    28.6 KB · Views: 65
Thanks for the suggestion, but I think spray-painting a diaper would make it feel a little less authentic ;)

DloverUK said:
....If someone did a single-tape diaper that was primarily pink, I'd die happy.

Right that's 2 of us time to write to ABU.

Argent said:
Right that's 2 of us time to write to ABU.

Ok, Come on! Don't gang up on me!!

This page isn't public yet, but it shows you some better quality images of the final product. https://www.abuniverse.com/Lavender_p_154.html

We heard a lot of feedback from the rendering - and honestly, we knew that we had to wait until we got the prototypes in hand before we could be certain that we had hit the mark. When I first saw it, my opinion was that we really hit it out of the park! Not only that, but the scent is perfect! It's not dirty - it's not overly strong, it's just, a relaxing lavender scent. Also, after you've wet a couple times, the scent is still there, and makes any urine smell more pleasant (I can't really explain that too well, it just makes the urine smell less bothersome).

With regard to more variety - We're not a dying company you know! We like new designs as much as our customers do, and we're not finished working on new designs at all! I don't think it's out of the question for us to have a more pink design in a single tape.

-Casey :D
ABU

Hey there Casey. I really wish my wife was in to diapers because I would love to see her in one of these.

What about the lot of us that don't like the single tape design. I'm definitely not a fan of it. I'd like pink diapers :D

I also think you should add built in scent to all of the diapers. While I love the scent of opening the package, the scent fades away. The scent strips don't do the trick and can tell it's a hassle in the warehouse. The way you explain the lavender scent makes me jealous :(

Merp said:
At the price they are I'll pass.

I said that for the longest time until i tried SDK v2. Not something i can afford to get all the time but i love ABU's diapers now.

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
I also think you should add built in scent to all of the diapers. While I love the scent of opening the package, the scent fades away. The scent strips don't do the trick and can tell it's a hassle in the warehouse. The way you explain the lavender scent makes me jealous :(

I would love to see that. You are right the scent strips don't do the trick.

What if I told you that Lavender has the scent built into the diapers - which is why the unscented version is more expensive?

;)

-Casey
ABU

Hey Casey, are you ready to buy some boxes from me yet? Haha...yeah, Im the box salesman. Don't know if you remember me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back