Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bambinos..seem better

Default Bambinos..seem better

I used to buy Bambino Bellismos years ago. I stopped buying them and went strictly ABU because the Bambino tapes never seemed to hold. Plus the plastic shell was not the buttery smooth that I love. Well..recently I ordered some more. Now they seem better. The tapes hold much better. I can even refasten a few times! And the outer shell seems more smooth and buttery. Is it just me? Or are they really improoved? Of course I am still loyal to ABU but I must say...Bambinos again deserve a spot in my diaper inventory.

they did change but it's been awhile. The shell material was changed slightly and the tape panel was changed to a smoother, harder plastic. I think the tapes are the same, they just stick better to the new front panel material.

Ok. That makes sense. Yeah it's been a while...happily impressed now though

I heard someone say they got thinner in the last couple of years though..is that true?

Quote Originally Posted by DloverUK View Post
    I heard someone say they got thinner in the last couple of years though..is that true?
    Not that I've noticed. But by comparison with the "average abdl diaper", yes. They're getting lapped and are standing still. They need to step up their game. I wonder if we can count on them to come out with a nice wear-to-work grade diaper since Tykables dropped the ball?

I have some Bellissimos from 2014 and some newer ones from 2015. They are the same thickness, the tapes are bigger than the older ones and they increased the length front to back.

I don't know if they need to step up their game because one way that Bambino is beating all of its competitors is on price. Moreover, my ABUs have such a high capacity, that I often change before I reach it because they start to stink.

I don't know about that, but in the medium-weight concealable category, both ABU and Tykables have them beat by a long shot. Heavyweight, ABU wins.

MarchinBunny

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    Not that I've noticed. But by comparison with the "average abdl diaper", yes. They're getting lapped and are standing still. They need to step up their game. I wonder if we can count on them to come out with a nice wear-to-work grade diaper since Tykables dropped the ball?
    Bambino diapers are perfectly fine. The Bellissimos don't typically leak unless you purposefully try too. While other AB diapers that have come out recently certainly are more absorbent, I find it's gotten to the point where it's gone overboard. Most of the newer diapers don't ever get used to capacity which means most of the extra cost is wasted. So you end up spending more for no reason other than to sort of know the diaper has the capability to hold a ridiculous amount of liquid.

Now unless you mean design, then yes Bambino needs to step up their game. XD I find they have the more boring designs out of all the premium AB diapers.

Quote Originally Posted by brabbit1987 View Post
    Bambino diapers are perfectly fine. The Bellissimos don't typically leak unless you purposefully try too. While other AB diapers that have come out recently certainly are more absorbent, I find it's gotten to the point where it's gone overboard. Most of the newer diapers don't ever get used to capacity which means most of the extra cost is wasted. So you end up spending more for no reason other than to sort of know the diaper has the capability to hold a ridiculous amount of liquid.

Now unless you mean design, then yes Bambino needs to step up their game. XD I find they have the more boring designs out of all the premium AB diapers.
    I've had bellissimos leak unexpedtly at maybe 1/5th less usage then older ones I had. after that and the enitrely boutched case of upside downs I had. They were missing lyrica strands causing the leg cuffs to preform poorly if at all.

i switched to dry 24/7 after that when me and a friend split a case. Since then I perfer ABU's Little Pawz or Space. But Bambino has to do something impressive to ever get me back. I guess they felt they could slack off since there were no other major players. but now ABU and what Casey Strom has done with it. just yeah, good luck to the Bambino brand.

They seem to be a offshoot of secure personal or whatever. I won't blame them if they give up the AB/DL market.