Any advice for getting comfortable with full use of a diaper....

Status
Not open for further replies.
rennecfox said:
Put on a diaper then spend a day you have nothing else to do around the house, figure how long it will hold, if you need a more absorbent one, make sure its easy enough to get back on and off for when you have to go #2, you may also want to try a pullup too depending on your level of leakage as that would make it easier to get to the bathroom for the other thing, you may also want to consider some pads or stuffers if you go pullups and swap them out periodically.

As far as getting use to it, try not to think about it, set timers on your watch or phone to alert you to times to change based on averages of how long the diaper holds.

I have ADHD or at least think I do (it's never been diagnosed but I am seeing someone about it) and I forget to change often since my attentions gets onto other things and stays there instead of changing. (S 5 minute break can easily turn into 3 hours with me), it would hurt to put reminders on my phone but I change when I need to, not when someone says I have to! I can wet 2 times in a hour sometimes or 1 every 2 hours depending on how much my bladder wants to hold. I once held it in for 6 hours! That couldn't of been healthy but I wasn't uncomfortable!

If you have the choice, I would not recommend giving "into full use." The best diaper I used before the fecal incontinence became a problem was the stretch-fit style diapers. They are easy enough to pull on and off when using the restroom. Make sure to wear plastic pants or tight undies over them, though, because sagging and/or leaking can become a problem. I had no issues with leaking from what I have tried, though (Simply StretchFit by Prevail and the stretch-tab briefs from Walmart). However, for fecal incontinence, I recommend my personal favorite, the Tena Ultras. I have not tried the Supers, but Ultras fit my needs just fine. As far as smell and disposal, always keep scented disposal bags with you, wipes, extras (obviously), and get out of them ASAP.

Full use isn't bad as the diaper is well equiped for that. Since you're not actually bowel-incontinent, then you have control of how you poop so you're not getting all the same problems.

Fortunately, I don't have to deal with any incontinence. For me, pooping in my diapers is about having greater control. You don't have to love it, but you're already in a diaper most of the time.

I'm not trying to make you love messes, but it seems like your issue might be that you want a bit of control to counter the urinary incontinence. In a way, you have a form of diaper-incontinence in which you have to change because you have to go #2. Is this the basis for you wanting full use?

i ALSO WEAR 24/7 AND POOP IN DIAPERS. i CAN'T MAKE IT TO THE RESTROOM IN TIME AND i RARELY CAN SELF TOILET. THE BEST WAY TO BE CONFORTABLE IS TO WEAR A GOOD SEALING BRIEF THAT FITS PERFECTLY AND HAS AREA FOR STOOL WITH LEG GATHERS. DO YOU HAVE ANY HELP? i WEAR GLOVES WHEN i CHANG MYSELF AND THERE IS FECES. i USE ABOUT NINE ADULT SIZE WIPES. i Carry full supplies around always in public. Even have to wear them at doctor's office during PE and checking my body.

I concur with below except I don't shave my perineum, etc. The stubble adds to itchiness and helps cause diaper rash around genitals.

Not generally advised, but it is possible....a regular body schedule is helpful. It you are a morning person, the use, disposal, and shower cleanup is pretty easy.
If you become irregular, it can be a real problem. I once noticed that the more you allow full use, the more difficult it becomes to hold the rear.
It is best when you don't push, way more natural. Cleanup immediately is essential for smell and skin health. Shower is best. Wipes work great. Best to heavy trim or shave groin area.
Gallon ziplock freezer bags are best for aroma containment; and a box of matches or air freshener.

Why matches?!

That's a bit extreme, don't ya think!?

A match burns gas produced by mess and then you get the burnt match smell which many prefer to the smell of excrement. You just strike it and wave it around the area after everything is clean or sealed in the bag.

Diapers will burn if they are dry, but they need help staying lit if they are wet. Sitting on hot coals drys them out or pouring oil or diesel over them can increase the burning temperature and help them burn up. Only those with no trash service who have room to light a fire outside or those with a woodstove in full use anyway have this as a viable option.

Sent from my LGL31L using Tapatalk

I'll have problems holding poop in the morning after I get up and start moving (bam!), and with time I've gotten lazy there. Occasionally I can have a problem later in the day if I'm careless about when and what I eat (avoid fast food places at all costs). Morning is one thing, when only I can smell that stinky diaper. If it happens when I'm out in public that's something else, I feel so self-conscience until I get things changed. Get a diaper with tapes that can be refastened and use them when you're out, otherwise it won't be pleasant for you or others around you.

On the other hand after thinking about it, you could just throw caution to the wind and follow the Nike slogan and "Just Do It". Because after all, S*** happens. Just make sure that if you do throw caution to the wind, that there aren't people standing down wind of you. I don't mean to be sarcastic or anything, but the last time I pooped in public I was in a grocery store and had to then stand in the self check out line with people all around me. You can imagine what was going through my mind in that situation.

Always have a jar of Kim chi in your shopping basket and if you have an accident drop the jar,no more fecal odor!.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I use full disposable briefs for urine loss 24/7. I also tend to deficate while sleeping and sometimes while again while awake or napping. Often I can't get to the bathroom and can't lower my brief fast enough to use the toilet and thus waste the diaper and have to remove it.

Chestnut we all have little quirks that irritate us, I can cath my Bladder put on a perfectly clean diaper go outside and wet myself ( as a friend of mine says typical boy dog always has some on tap) what's most irritating is my urologist doesn't expect me to come in clean and dry, yet it discourages you ( kinda like our Mom's telling us always wear clean undies) what do I expect a medal from my doc for making it clean and dry to the office ? So don't take it so hard you are a very nice person regardless of what your bowel and bladder is up to , let that radiant personality show, not the fear of a "wasted" diaper, they are there to protect your modesty at all costs and when they do don't feel anything but gratefull, none of us are perfect, I would if I was your friend or husband rather pull of clean up and start fresh getting some where late and safe than rush and have you worried about the state of your diaper, you are so much more than your diaper , try and remember it has no heart or feelings you do , having an accident is traumatic but once the clean up is over its nothing again , keep your diaper area trimmed to make clean up faster and easier to do and just take it one day at a time. If you were my friend and had an accident and where beating themselves up over it , I would purposely have one just to ease your mind , to empower you to say "I never did mind the little things" and keep on going.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

For me my nappy is just underwear and has been for many years now. I currently use the TENA Slip Maxi Active fit. I definitely went through a transition from wearing just in case to wearing because it was also a whole lot easier. Some days I can tell when I need to go to the loo/wee but will just use my nappy instead. I feel much safer and confident if I am wearing a nappy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back