Status
Not open for further replies.

dressesRbestest

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hey everyone!

Looking to tap into the wisdom of the crowds. With abena not making the abri-let maxi anymore, I'm searching for something to replace it. I like the width and length of the maxi (and especially the thickness). Looking around online, I've found the tranquility topliner contour booster pads. Seems like a good product. I especially like the idea that the additional padded section is not all focused in the middle which makes it more comfortable to sit down in.

Was hoping someone could share their experience with it (or any other booster pad), particularly how they stack up in the thickness department. My hubby thinks I'm being a little silly asking for advice on something like this, and that I should just buy some samples and move on, but I always like to do a little research before I buy anything.

Interested in any and all thoughts!

It's never silly to get advice; it's only silly to always take it. :)

The Tranquility makes a pretty decent booster pad, though they rely pretty heavily on SAP, rather than the fluff you're used to. That means they'll swell, get pretty gooshy, but hold a pretty good amount. I like the Tranquility Topliner Super Booster pads, but I'm not a fan of the Contour Booster pads simply because they're so wide that they cover up the leak guards in the diapers I use, defeating their function.

Northshore makes some good booster pads too, and they release fewer of those little SAP beads than the Tranquility products do. But I like and have used them both. But honestly, I find that the best boosters for me are guards/pads. For me those are the Depend Guards or the Seni Man Fit. For you, since it sounds like you may be female, Depend Poise or Always Discreet.

-RMS

XP Medical is featuring these as a temporary replacement. They're a little smaller but at least for me that means they fit within front/back of the leak guards' stitching in ABU's Simples. They claim they're as absorbent, but I find them to be a little less.

http://www.xpmedical.com/details/59-3000-0280.html

Also did you find something that implied they're not continuing manufacturing at all? XP seems to think they'll be back by August.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I really like using Goodnites Trufit inserts as booster pads. They hold quite a bit, resist press out, pass liquids through to the diaper nicely, and hold up fairly well to prolonged use.

You have been given some good advice on some, I have used the Northshore 2XL ones. They are full figured and actually have a tape strip to hold them to the diaper. These have really allowed me to take a cheap diaper and make it last like a good one, or it has allowed me to use it with a good diaper and not have to change till it was time for bed.

Thanks for the advice! As you guessed, very much a girl. Not too worried about the capacity since even when I flood it isn't a ton, and I tend change once I wet. Biggest thing for me is comfort. The narrower pads like poise make my tailbone hurt when I sit down for very long and it feels weird when it isn't the same thickness front to back. That is why I always liked the Abri-lets. Might just have to get a few small packs of several and give them a whirl.

- - - Updated - - -

Alpha said:
XP Medical is featuring these as a temporary replacement. They're a little smaller but at least for me that means they fit within front/back of the leak guards' stitching in ABU's Simples. They claim they're as absorbent, but I find them to be a little less.

http://www.xpmedical.com/details/59-3000-0280.html

Also did you find something that implied they're not continuing manufacturing at all? XP seems to think they'll be back by August.

I saw those on xpmedical as well. How do they fare from a thickness standpoint. Compared to the Abrilet?

I heard somewhere (maybe here) that they were discontinuing permanently and noticed that they are getting a little harder to find online, but I also saw that they are expecting more soon. Hopefully I'm wrong =).

dressesRbestest said:
saw those on xpmedical as well. How do they fare from a thickness standpoint. Compared to the Abrilet?

It was thinner than the AbriLet Maxi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back