Thread: Civil War Re-enactment

Default Civil War Re-enactment

I went to a RE-enactment of the Battle of New Market today. I thought this would be a good situation to be diapered lol. So I padded up. All I currently have are some of the plastic Depends, not the best I know. I wore one and took a change with me. I ended up having one good wetting in it. Half way through the day, I went into a porta potty to check myself.

Overall it was a fun day. I'd never seen such an event...let me tell you, cannon fire is loud! And I had a day out diapered. It's a win win if you ask me.

I thought you were supposed to only have items from the period for a reenactment? I guess no one would be checking underwear anyways though!

Quote Originally Posted by cm90210 View Post
    I thought you were supposed to only have items from the period for a reenactment? I guess no one would be checking underwear anyways though!
    cloth diapers however have been around for a very long time

considering how long it took knights to get into and out of their armor and how long battles lasted, cloth diapers (even if not referred to that way, buy funcrtionally) were probably quite common. But civil war, notsomuch. but the knights are interesting to think about....

Lol...you are correct. But that rule only applies to the participants. They had alot of period clothing there for sale as well. And boy, I can't imagine wearing the stuff. It seemed like it'd all be incredibly hot and probably very itchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Boopa View Post
    And boy, I can't imagine wearing the stuff. It seemed like it'd all be incredibly hot and probably very itchy.
    Yep, that's pretty much how it was back then though. And stinky. Very, very stinky.