Being an adult sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being adult sucks ? Really not. Little baby hasn't any sexual drives - I'm very addicted to sex. I can do whatever I want due to be my properly god. What a few sucks is keeping my dark side in secret and can't find any GF to share, is like suicidal mission.

When I was a bit younger, between say 18 and 21, I was just discovering my AB side, but I always said I didn't mind being an adult... it gave me a lot of options I never had before. But now that I've been an adult for a bit longer, those options are not as interesting anymore... sometimes I wonder if it's actually worth it. Not that I really have a choice, I need to make money and everything.

Well... I always had too much responsibility when I was a child ... I was even responsible for the physical well being of adult ones. Since I am legally an adult, I've more ocassion to take care of myself (i'm still learning to do it). Making your own choices and decision can be tricky but priceless. Although some grueling responsibilities (been the only one responsible for my mistakes,my health and well-being, earning myself a living, knowing anxiety, depression or bereavement). But otherwise I do not suffer too much from social pressure that crushes some adults. Being a child even with some major hard time during these years, was still a beautiful and pure part in my short existence. Sometimes I wish I could re-live it just once ('have the impression that i wasn't making the most of it or enjoying it like i would). It can be harsh sometimes but i'm aware of the opportunity offered by the adult life. If there is a specific regret that I can think about, it's the fact that it was much easier to be in touch with my friends every day. Growing up let less time and more distance between relatives. Like we have less opportunities, we open up less easily (slowly? or with the notion of counterpart in relationships?) to others.

I would say being an adult is bittersweet.
When I was a kid, I knew from an early age that I was attracted to diapers/regression, but wasn't sure what to make of it. I felt a lot of shame about it over the years, especially going through adolescence. I longed to be able to wear diapers and be little again, and dreamed of the day when I could indulge in my diaper fantasies without having to worry about anyone finding out (my parents mainly)
Now that I'm an adult, I realize that my dreams in that regard have come true. Now, I live alone and can wear diapers around my house all day if I want to. I have my own money that I can buy nice diapers with online. I can truly be my little self when I'm alone at home. I would never be able to do something like that as a kid living with my parents.
However, I do agree that the droll of having to put on an adult mask as a little in a big world day after day takes its toll emotionally and physically. Some days I just want to be little all day and have fantasies of being someone's baby and not having to work ever again. But I know that's unrealistic, and that I'm stronger than I feel at that moment, so I soldier on, knowing that in order for the little to exist, the big has to provide.

I remember when I was younger not having to care about much or anything at all really not knowing what the future held for me. It seem like when as I got older the world seemed to be worse off and things just seemed to go downhill for me. Being in college wasn't so bad because I was not in the real world yet and I was still a student and I was still able to goof off and have a good time along the way. When I graduated from college was when things got worse and it wasn't fun anymore. The best thing about being an adult is earning money from the job that I work and I am able to buy the stuff that I want which is pretty cool.

I like getting to go home with my plushie every night and wearing a diaper on the weekends and on my days off. Engaging in my AB/DL activities really helps to relax, feel happy and put aside all of my troubles from the world. Right now it is one of the only few things that can make me happy and care free for a while.

I've been there. The only pleasures I get out of my adult life are: getting money from doing freelance video or Web design work, volunteering for public radio, watching Jimmy Fallon and/or Seth Meyers at night, riding my bike around town or family vacations. (And that's just for the first half of every year!)

Ever since the time I graduated college, I still have this burning desire to be diapered like a baby, play around in a backyard all strewn with toys, have my own playroom, and sleep in a crib with plushies of every kind.

Responsibilities, shmesponsibilities! :thumbdown: :bleh:

It is only now as a Senior Citizen that I have the time to regress and play like a child.
As I have mentioned before, I had to be a "Little Adult" during childhood due to parental problems with my late Mom which were totally out of my control. In some ways being an adult sucks, but one has to be an adult to reserve appropriate time to be little.

I don't daydream about being a child again, that was an awful period of time for me. I distinguish being little and being a child. If that makes any sense. I hate the way the adult world works, and I hate the lack of control being a child had. That's why I'm little, it gives one a freedom in the real world that being a stuck up adult doesnt have. Bills, money, all that stuff is crap but the fact that I can walk around the house and make macaroni and cheese in a diaper with my stuffy in one hand and the spoon in the other, the fact I can go to bed with a paci in my mouth and wake up and go outside and play without needing permission. And at the same time, I get to be washed and changed by my daddy and he makes me food when I'm too little and he plays with me in the sand at the beach. And on top of all that I get to go to the store and buy my own candy and cereal with my own money. Of course I have to go to a job to get the money, but after that job I come home and snuggle with my stuffies. It's like a teeter totter, the bad stuff is on one end and the good stuff is on the other, and it goes up and down and sometimes theres bad times and othr times theres good times. Its a balancing act that you need to do just right, but when you get it right, its good.

honestly being an adult is stressful. that's the part i hate most. I really hate when something just gets in your head and stays there, making you worry and pick your brain until you break down.

i love the comforting feeling of just.. letting go when i get into little space. it helps all that stress fade out and provides a nice counter to things

kazykisu said:
honestly being an adult is stressful. that's the part i hate most. I really hate when something just gets in your head and stays there, making you worry and pick your brain until you break down.

i love the comforting feeling of just.. letting go when i get into little space. it helps all that stress fade out and provides a nice counter to things

Do you spend time with little kids? I had mostly my memories to go on for a good while but spending more time with a toddler to preschooler makes it pretty clear that they have just as much as much stress as any adult. Five more minutes at the playground seems super trivial to us but it's deadly serious business to them. There's no shortage of examples. They seem to feel the good stuff with more intensity than we do or maybe it's just more on the surface. I no longer question my original recollections; life is hard for everyone.

A common thread is that early childhood is less complicated.
Simple play is the primary occupation of early childhood.
Play simply for its own sake, without a defined goal or timetable.

I'd like to be a toddler and keep all of my adult freedoms and intelligence. I like being able to drive wherever I want, buy whatever I want with my own income, and drink alcohol. I also like the brain I have now. I'd hate to slave through primary school and college and university all over again...

If I could be a toddler with all those freedoms but no responsibilities, I'd do it immediately.

life is easy as a baby, and being big can sucks but has it good side to. giving a chance I would take a babies life over an adult life

This afternoon after attending worship at my church I had an afternoon of quiet solitary "Baby Time" in my bedroom.
I laid quietly in my bed, hugged and played with "Howard Hug" my diapered Teddy Bear.
Afterwards, I switched back into "Adult Mode" to get the dishes washed, and then I went out to the Walmart for a few groceries.
One must maintain a balance between being a Baby and being an Adult.

Although I don't remember much at all if anything from before 5 years, I would have to say that life was decent enough. Beyond that things got worse, mother stopped having interest in me.
As far as being an adult, I would have to say that things are much easier as an adult, I have more ability to bury the sadness that was my childhood. I can buy what I want, stay up as long as I want, be little if I want; within reason. All around more options as an adult. I never loved the little things I do now when I was a child, like my stuffed animals etc, so that is my main reasoning. All the other "Adult responsibilities" are much easier then the crap I had to go through when I was younger.

MickeyM said:
Although I don't remember much at all if anything from before 5 years, I would have to say that life was decent enough. Beyond that things got worse, mother stopped having interest in me.
As far as being an adult, I would have to say that things are much easier as an adult, I have more ability to bury the sadness that was my childhood. I can buy what I want, stay up as long as I want, be little if I want; within reason. All around more options as an adult. I never loved the little things I do now when I was a child, like my stuffed animals etc, so that is my main reasoning. All the other "Adult responsibilities" are much easier then the crap I had to go through when I was younger.

Sorry you had to go through that, i did have a crappy childhood Myself, getting slapped, Screamed at, called worthless, stupid girl, retard and being put down and Never being good enough, it got better once i started to grow up but it still happened Until 2 years Ago when i left School and grew up mentally, (well, that's what they think!) i am actually Freinds with my Parents now my childhood is over, i still have nightmares and am very Angry at them, i just Karma will get them back, well it has my dad's Family is Dying but it punished me als well, my mom has got ill with pneimonia and has been in Hospital for 4 Months and her Skin Keeps ripping every Time she has a Fall. I feel Guilty about the Karma but i feel like it Happens for a Reason and it is karma's way of getting Justice. Sorry about that, i had to get it off my chest.

I was talking to a person the other week that's like over the age of 80. I was saying something like I don't want to be at work/be an adult today. He told me growing old is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Crinklebuttt said:
He told me growing old is mandatory but growing up is optional.

A very nice way to put it.

Crinklebuttt said:
I was talking to a person the other week that's like over the age of 80. I was saying something like I don't want to be at work/be an adult today. He told me growing old is mandatory but growing up is optional.

I also concur with this interesting observation.

Crinklebuttt said:

Very well said, anonymous elder person!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back