Thread: Adult Nappies on Greek Islands

Cool Adult Nappies on Greek Islands

Having just returned from a trip to several Greek islands, it appears that adult nappies/diapers are readily available very widely absolutely everywhere!

Just about all of even the smallest grocery stores and supermarkets have large stocks of Tena Maxi slips and other Tena products prominently displayed as a matter of routine.

If only this situation occurred in the UK!

There's either a high rate of incontinence there... or people regularly wear them for convenience!

Well Greece is comprised of islands when island hopping you go bar hopping via boat and diapers become tactical practical everyday wear.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

The availability of adult diapers/nappies does vary greatly across Europe. There are many reasons.

In some countries, such as the United Kingdom, there is the state health coverage (NHS). Most people who are incontinent will see their doctor, and they will be written a presciption for what they need, mostly financially covered by the state. Therefore there is less demand for vast assortments at retail. Although Boots (the chemist) was one of the first national destinations that sold incontinence products, which eventually became re-packaged attends products. Now their website offers normal Attends etc.

Scandinavian countries have a similar setup, with pharmacies or medical supplies stores the only true option.

Visit supermarkets in Belgium, Spain, France etc, and wow all of a sudden a nice selection on the shelves!

But yeah, this is just another thing that helps make Greece and its wonderful islands truly fantastic places to visit :-)

A.

hi guys
    im from Athens Greece and i have visit lot of islands
    i think that the big supermarkets have failed to keep more brand names in diaper section even in Athens
    they shell tena and sani(greek diaper)
    years ago i found that in small groceries that shell cleaning stuff for kitchen or for the toilets you may find another interesting diapers
    2 yars ago i wore libo pants they are great also i found another thick crinkle diaper without brand name and it was amazing

Hi All,

I plan to visit Greece with my wife in the next month of June. Could you please indicate if Molicare Super Plus or Abena Abri Forms (with plastic exterior) can be found there? Thanks in advance for your help!

Isidro

Quote Originally Posted by Soakingboy View Post
    The availability of adult diapers/nappies does vary greatly across Europe. There are many reasons.

In some countries, such as the United Kingdom, there is the state health coverage (NHS). Most people who are incontinent will see their doctor, and they will be written a presciption for what they need, mostly financially covered by the state. Therefore there is less demand for vast assortments at retail. Although Boots (the chemist) was one of the first national destinations that sold incontinence products, which eventually became re-packaged attends products. Now their website offers normal Attends etc.

Scandinavian countries have a similar setup, with pharmacies or medical supplies stores the only true option.

Visit supermarkets in Belgium, Spain, France etc, and wow all of a sudden a nice selection on the shelves!

But yeah, this is just another thing that helps make Greece and its wonderful islands truly fantastic places to visit :-)

A.
    Sorry to steer this thread off course but I've been wondering from a UK perspective with funding pressures on the NHS and the fact the Tories are in power do you think the continence service will be cut and people having to get there own supplies. For me I would be financially worse off if this happened but on another hand there may be more choice.