Thread: My heart won't stop hurting

Default My heart won't stop hurting

For a few days now my heart has been in legitimate pain. It started when my fiancee and I breaking up finally set in and old memories of my other exes flooded my mind. Is it normal for it to hurt for several days? Should I seek medical attention? I'm just concerned about my own safety which is new for me to be honest.

I don't want to seem overdramatic, I'm probably just overreacting but I just wish the pain would stop. I try to exercise as much as I can but for some reason I just can't run as far as I used to, is that something that would correlate to this? I'm going to assume that it is related. I know I know... Time heals 'all' wounds but it really doesn't for me. I need to be restored, talk about things, get my heart back to where it should be. I'm still writing songs, still thinking about getting back into art, and I really want to learn how to play the guitar.

I'm sure at some point my heart will feel fine but I figured I might as well make a post about it to open a discussion about matters of the heart. I'm making sure to give myself plenty of time before I even consider dating someone (unless someone randomly changes how I feel about it which is not likely). I do miss being in a relationship, having someone to give my heart to, and just having someone to love. My constant mistake it seemss, is finding damaged girls who are either worse off than I am, or just about the same. I need to find someone like me, but not exactly. I have zero expectations when it comes to women. I just do what I can and hope for the best. I digress, I have a lot more thoughts in my head that I need to express.

But I'll save that for another time since I don't want to make too many posts too soon. Hopefully I will be able to buy some diapers as I haven't worn in quite some time. I'm going to do my first online order soon. Probably ABUniverse or whatever works for me.

Sorry for your loss. Unfortunately the pain can last weeks or months. The deeper your feelings are for your fiancee the longer it will take to adjust. You need to go through the grieving process. If you become severely depressed where you can not function or have thoughts of hurting yourself, seek out some professional help. We are here to help and support you.

Quote Originally Posted by ORBaby View Post
    Sorry for your loss. Unfortunately the pain can last weeks or months. The deeper your feelings are for your fiancee the longer it will take to adjust. You need to go through the grieving process. If you become severely depressed where you can not function or have thoughts of hurting yourself, seek out some professional help. We are here to help and support you.
    That's what I was afraid of, I just don't want to make a permenent decision based on temporary feelings. I have and am seeking professional help but I don't see him as often as I'd like. He's a busy therapist and my time scheduling things has been hectic for me. I'm glad that I have ADISC for support, I really don't know where else I can just say whatever is on my mind with minimal retaliation or anger or sadness. I quite literally gave my fiancee all I had in my heart so I suppose that accounts for the deep pain I have. I knew her for about 5-6 years and we dated for 2. I should really try to figure out how long it will take me to move on, I miss being in a relationship.

I would suggest not trying to figure out how long it will take. You can't just mark a date on the calendar and say that you will be over it on this date. Don't think about having a relationship until you are over the breakup with your fiancee. Just hang out with friends and relax.

Quote Originally Posted by ORBaby View Post
    I would suggest not trying to figure out how long it will take. You can't just mark a date on the calendar and say that you will be over it on this date. Don't think about having a relationship until you are over the breakup with your fiancee. Just hang out with friends and relax.
    That's what I'm trying to do, but I just feel like I shouldn't take too long to move on and not too short.

Hello Premetheus, I'm sorry to here that you have felt such heartache, I have experienced more pain than most and in my experience i can say the pain never really goes away.

You will eventually overcome it and start to move forward but it will always be there. It is also a component to how you as a person are shaped so it has changed you forever.

So hang in there and keep soldiering on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Koutei View Post
    Hello Premetheus, I'm sorry to here that you have felt such heartache, I have experienced more pain than most and in my experience i can say the pain never really goes away.

You will eventually overcome it and start to move forward but it will always be there. It is also a component to how you as a person are shaped so it has changed you forever.

So hang in there and keep soldiering on.
    That's what bothers me most, people say time heals all wounds. The truth is it takes effort to heal the wounds of the heart. I will do my best to move forward and continue to do the things that I need to.

Given that I think you're getting good advice on the emotional side of things, I'd like to address the physical issue. You're under a lot of stress, that's obvious. But stress can cause health issues including cardiac issues. Make an appointment with a doctor and get checked out. Also, go to your supermarket and pick up a bottle of low-dose aspirin and start taking it according to the instructions. If your chest pain is an early-warning sign of something bad to happen, getting on an aspirin regimen now could save your life. For extra fun, low-dose aspirin is also sold as baby aspirin, so you have that going for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Premetheus View Post
    For a few days now my heart has been in legitimate pain. It started when my fiancee and I breaking up finally set in and old memories of my other exes flooded my mind. Is it normal for it to hurt for several days? Should I seek medical attention? I'm just concerned about my own safety which is new for me to be honest.

I don't want to seem overdramatic, I'm probably just overreacting but I just wish the pain would stop. I try to exercise as much as I can but for some reason I just can't run as far as I used to, is that something that would correlate to this? I'm going to assume that it is related. I know I know... Time heals 'all' wounds but it really doesn't for me. I need to be restored, talk about things, get my heart back to where it should be. I'm still writing songs, still thinking about getting back into art, and I really want to learn how to play the guitar.

I'm sure at some point my heart will feel fine but I figured I might as well make a post about it to open a discussion about matters of the heart. I'm making sure to give myself plenty of time before I even consider dating someone (unless someone randomly changes how I feel about it which is not likely). I do miss being in a relationship, having someone to give my heart to, and just having someone to love. My constant mistake it seemss, is finding damaged girls who are either worse off than I am, or just about the same. I need to find someone like me, but not exactly. I have zero expectations when it comes to women. I just do what I can and hope for the best. I digress, I have a lot more thoughts in my head that I need to express.

But I'll save that for another time since I don't want to make too many posts too soon. Hopefully I will be able to buy some diapers as I haven't worn in quite some time. I'm going to do my first online order soon. Probably ABUniverse or whatever works for me.
    Hey buddy first off huggles. Sec offf coming from someone thathas been unhappy for yrs. U need to love urself and embrace how u feel as much as u can. If ur an ab, let it out even if u dont have diapers. U could use ur binki or plushey. For me just holding yogi or sucking on my binki makes me feel safe and myself. I hope this helps buddy. Big big huggles

Sorry that your hurting so bad. Loss is never easy and everyone goes through it in different ways. If you really feel that your heart may be the issue, at least check with your family doctor about it. Like others have said, stress can cause all kinds of pains and some of them are confusing to understand what really is causing them. Recently I have learned that Ulcers can make you feel there is something wrong with your heart, along with damaged nerves. Any way, if you feel that medical attention is needed, don't wait, get in and see your family doctor. They can do some simple checks and then if they feel it needs to be looked at further, they can assist with that. Life is to short for us to having to be living with pains like this.

hang in there, keep your head held high. When you do that you can keep looking forward to the new day, and your not looking down or backward to things of the past. There is a time to morn and grieve but then comes the time we must take that first step and keep moving forward as so we are not stuck in the mud/quicksand. Hope things start getting better for you and really soon too.