Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: I'm done with US Pampers

  1. #1

    Default I'm done with US Pampers

    This is a little rant! So be warned hehe.

    I mentioned in an earlier post that I'm originally from the UK but now living in the US.

    I loved wearing Pampers baby dry size 6 as they fit me very well and were super comfy! They weren't tight either and held a good sized wetting with minimal to no leakage.

    But since coming to the US and wearing the Pampers baby dry size 6 sold here, I've noticed they're considerably smaller, noticeably weaker and extraordarinly thinner. They can't withstand even a tiny wetting and won't even cover my whole butt :x

    I even compared both the UK baby dry nappy I brought with me along side the US one and found that the UK one was not only noticeably bigger in size but also thicker.

    Oh and from my experience, US Pampers cruisers size 7 are identical to the US baby dry size 6.

    It was mentioned in a previous post that this could have been a marketing ploy to force parents into buying more diapers instead of getting more than one use out of a single diaper. Which seems plausible especially since you get less diapers per packet than you would in the UK.

    For any guys or girls out there who think they're just too big for Pampers in the US. You're not. These Pampers are unrealistically tiny.

    Anyway, I'm avoiding US Pampers from now on and sticking to the UK ones ordered online.

  2. #2

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Uzuki View Post
    This is a little rant! So be warned hehe.

    I mentioned in an earlier post that I'm originally from the UK but now living in the US.

    I loved wearing Pampers baby dry size 6 as they fit me very well and were super comfy! They weren't tight either and held a good sized wetting with minimal to no leakage.

    But since coming to the US and wearing the Pampers baby dry size 6 sold here, I've noticed they're considerably smaller, noticeably weaker and extraordarinly thinner. They can't withstand even a tiny wetting and won't even cover my whole butt :x

    I even compared both the UK baby dry nappy I brought with me along side the US one and found that the UK one was not only noticeably bigger in size but also thicker.

    Oh and from my experience, US Pampers cruisers size 7 are identical to the US baby dry size 6.

    It was mentioned in a previous post that this could have been a marketing ploy to force parents into buying more diapers instead of getting more than one use out of a single diaper. Which seems plausible especially since you get less diapers per packet than you would in the UK.

    For any guys or girls out there who think they're just too big for Pampers in the US. You're not. These Pampers are unrealistically tiny.

    Anyway, I'm avoiding US Pampers from now on and sticking to the UK ones ordered online.
    It would be interesting to get some carefully-taken measurements of the UK Baby Dry diapers. We had somebody post Active Fit measurements a while back (at my behest) and they were on par with Cruisers.

    ...and about the whole Cruisers 7 size thing: I think it's just that the "active toddler" diapers are intended to ride lower. It's not just a Pampers thing; Huggies Little Movers in size 6 are considerably shorter than the other Huggies size 6 diapers. In any case, if it was a marketing ploy, it didn't work very well, because hardly any brick-and-mortar stores carry Cruisers 7 anymore. And from a DL's perspective, it's not much of a loss. As you said, they're the same size as Baby Dry 6. But, more importantly, Baby Dry 6 is almost as stretchy, so the enormous advantage Cruisers 7 once had has all but disappeared.

    (One thing that sorta spoils the "active toddler" theory mentioned above is that Pampers Swaddlers follows the same sizing as Cruisers. *scratches head*)

  3. #3

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by babybobby View Post
    Where do you get UK pampers shipped to the Us?
    Any love?

  5. #5

    Default

    Being that I can still wear/use US pampers, I'd love to see these UK ones if they are even bigger/more absorbent. Be cool as Cottontail said if someone could get some measurements.

  6. #6

    Default

    I noticed UK pampers also got a lot smaller a few months ago.

  7. #7

    Default

    Is it much of a surprise that you as an adult, find baby diapers not to be effective?

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Is it much of a surprise that you as an adult, find baby diapers not to be effective?
    Well I've mentioned before I use ConvertUps to help me wear baby diapers and they're effective for me, I live in the UK

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Is it much of a surprise that you as an adult, find baby diapers not to be effective?
    +1

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by babybobby View Post
    Where do you get UK pampers shipped to the Us?
    @OP.. Any guidance?

Similar Threads

  1. Pampers
    By AndrewThatsMyName in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 25-Oct-2010, 21:09
  2. Am I right about Pampers?
    By BabyPandora in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-Aug-2010, 04:55
  3. Pampers 7
    By Matt86 in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-Aug-2010, 22:47
  4. Pin-On Pampers?
    By gnd567 in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-Feb-2010, 13:59
  5. Pampers?
    By Macaroni in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 29-Jul-2009, 03:56

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.