Cloth Nappies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Angelic said:
What are Pocket diapers?
What BabyMoonFox said. Pocket diapers are a water resistant cover that have literally a pocket where you stuff an absorbent cloth insert.

These are the cloth diapers that are used on babies and toddlers these days. If you hear or read parents talk about cloth diapering, this is what they are talking about, pocket diapers or AIOs.

Here are a couple of pictures of my most recent one to give an idea of how they look:

fd2595057730b5a8737c6135d1ead151.jpg

8ce59b636adfa0a295e9ae57746c8dee.jpg

It's so cute!

Angelic said:
It's so cute!
Yes, I really like them! Makes me feel really little and cute.

I use pin-on terry squares and plastic pants - but I do use them specifically for bedwetting.

I use a Tena over night as a stuffer with a dependeco for the outer layer. I have had my cloth aio diapers for over 4 yrs now velcro is still just as strong as when i first bought them.

I'll chime in a bit late. I'm a clothie, mostly, although there are a very few AB/DL disposables that have earned a place in my stash (notably the late-and-great cloth-backed Cushies from ABU--sniff, sniff...)

In cloth, I'm mainly a fan of prefolds, and have an enormous stash of both adult and baby prefolds from many different makers. Among the adult prefolds, my favorites are from Changing Times. I mostly use classic diaper pins to fasten my diapers, and pull-on vinyl pants to keep the wetness in. When sleeping in diapers, or otherwise when I feel like waddling, I'll often lay a few baby prefolds--vintage Curity or modern Green Mountain--on my adult prefold.

I also enjoy makeshifting with the baby prefolds, which I do most often by pinning three diapers together into a "T" shape, laying additional diapers on top of this, then pinning the whole thing on such that the top of the "T" is in back, and forms the waistline/wings. It's kind of a fun way to wear actual baby diapers, especially the old Curitys since they're so amazingly soft and fluffy. (They're the diapers I was put in as a real baby, and the ones I had access to as a child DL, so they have some extra-specialness.)

All that said, it's hard for me to recommend prefolds to a cloth-noob. They're extremely functional diapers, but they have the disadvantage of being very unlike disposables, so if you're coming from disposables, the learning curve might be a major buzzkill.

Every day, and a change times a day. They work great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back