who has a hard time dealing with losing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infinitas

Commador
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
i've always been that kinda person who never took losing well. I don't really get mad over losing when i understand what i did wrong or understand what i need to do in order to have a better chance at winning. Its when i don't know what to do and am not getting any idea's that i really lose it and get to "may potentially put peoples head thru wall" status. Anyone else like this?

Only times I don't handle losing well are in video games where online matches will say "you lose". That bugs the tar out of me. I already knew I lost, I don't need a reminder :p

But games that end with words like "Defeat" or "failure/ failed" don't really bother me. Don't know why.

Usually only when it happens constantly. When that happens... I begin to feel like I'm just awful at the game & it's not even worth the time.

I used to box as a kid and I really hated to lose. It hurts. But yeah, I used to play a lot of adult league softball, and losing sucks.

I never mind losing as long as I am having fun. I think there was only one person that existed that caused me to get irritated when I would lose and that was because I rarely could ever win. I would play FPS games with him and if he got a hold of a sniper (Halo) or crossbow (Half-Life) .. then every time I would respawn I would get sniped.

I once even decided to try to have a little fun with an aimbot .. and he some how still beat me. But ... I at least pissed him off for a while as he tried to figure out exactly what was going on.

Edit: I suppose if someone was constantly bragging about winning, that could also irritate me.

Being considered the "golden child" of my family, failure hasn't been a favorable option for me, so I can admit to being a sore loser. Well, I suppose I've been getting better as I grew older; I only deal with losing well if it's a game I'm good at and understand why I lose. Super Smash Bros for example, I can handle losing in Melee, but in Smash Bros Wii U where the hitboxes make no sense and I can lose to a complete newbie just because they're playing as Cloud, that's harder for me.

ClandestineWing said:
Being considered the "golden child" of my family, failure hasn't been a favorable option for me, so I can admit to being a sore loser. Well, I suppose I've been getting better as I grew older; I only deal with losing well if it's a game I'm good at and understand why I lose. Super Smash Bros for example, I can handle losing in Melee, but in Smash Bros Wii U where the hitboxes make no sense and I can lose to a complete newbie just because they're playing as Cloud, that's harder for me.

The worst thing ever is being killed by someone who gets the smash ball thing. I felt while it was a neat little feature to have fun with, it was more of a gimmick rather than a decent game mechanic to use during a serious game.

Yep, losing does feel bad, but unless it happens too often, I usually just accept it as part of the game. I guess I'm pretty bad at some games... so I guess it happens more often than I like to admit. Smash Bros is a game I used to be really good at playing. I guess until Brawl came out... I've been pretty bad at it and the new one. It's pretty frustrating. After the tenth straight loss, I'm usually ready to give up. :frown:

I am not proud of it but i'm a sore loser as well. and a bad winner too so thats just great right? uhm... with the help of my boyfriend i've been getting better tho! not so much bragging about winning and learning to take a loss without getting too angry. it's just when i'm by myself that i get more upset because i don't have someone to help me just anchor myself you know?

brabbit1987 said:
The worst thing ever is being killed by someone who gets the smash ball thing. I felt while it was a neat little feature to have fun with, it was more of a gimmick rather than a decent game mechanic to use during a serious game.

Thank you~

I'm a very competitive person, but I don't mind losing. The fun is in taking part (otherwise, why bother?!).

The one thing I really hate is when you think that someone is letting you win. I hate that. It used to happen a lot as a kid. I knew what was going on and... well... if there's no real competition, there's no game. The whole thing is pointless.

I remember, when I was about five, my dad teaching me chess. Maybe it was because he'd just taken it up with his work colleagues and needed the practice, but he never let me win. He'd often warn me if a piece was about to be taken, but other than that, he played to win. And I LOVED it. I lost every time, but I really admired the respect he gave me in not patronising me. And then. One day I won. OMFG! One day out of hundreds, and I lost in every subsequent match, but it really meant something.

Another time (age 13?) I remember one of my parents' friends trying to bet with me that he could win a game of pool. I don't gamble (no problem with it, just not my thing -- it seems illogical), but he wouldn't take no for an answer. I reluctantly put up £1. It was a close game, but I lost. He then refused to take his winnings and gave them to me. I was furious (although I didn't show it). I couldn't understand why he'd pressurise me into gambling, and then not take the winnings. I felt like I was being made a fool of (although I could clearly see he thought of himself as the "kindly adult" playing nicely with the kids). We could have just had a fun game of pool, and he could have given me a quid, and I would have been delighted. Instead I felt like I'd been used as a tool for the bloke to demonstrate how fun and generous he was.

ClandestineWing said:
Thank you~

I take it, that means you agree with me about the smash ball lol. XD Another issue it seemed to cause is when it pops up, the game becomes less about fighting each other and trying to see who can be lucky enough to break the ball first.

tiny said:
I'm a very competitive person, but I don't mind losing. The fun is in taking part (otherwise, why bother?!).

The one thing I really hate is when you think that someone is letting you win. I hate that. It used to happen a lot as a kid. I knew what was going on and... well... if there's no real competition, there's no game. The whole thing is pointless.

I remember, when I was about five, my dad teaching me chess. Maybe it was because he'd just taken it up with his work colleagues and needed the practice, but he never let me win. He'd often warn me if a piece was about to be taken, but other than that, he played to win. And I LOVED it. I lost every time, but I really admired the respect he gave me in not patronising me. And then. One day I won. OMFG! One day out of hundreds, and I lost in every subsequent match, but it really meant something.

Another time (age 13?) I remember one of my parents' friends trying to bet with me that he could win a game of pool. I don't gamble (no problem with it, just not my thing -- it seems illogical), but he wouldn't take no for an answer. I reluctantly put up £1. It was a close game, but I lost. He then refused to take his winnings and gave them to me. I was furious (although I didn't show it). I couldn't understand why he'd pressurise me into gambling, and then not take the winnings. I felt like I was being made a fool of (although I could clearly see he thought of himself as the "kindly adult" playing nicely with the kids). We could have just had a fun game of pool, and he could have given me a quid, and I would have been delighted. Instead I felt like I'd been used as a tool for the bloke to demonstrate how fun and generous he was.

I think most people hate when others purposefully let them win. It's honestly a terrible feeling to know you only won because they let you. It's table flip worthy. XD

I don't have a problem losing in singel player games, but I was a terrible loser in Super Smash Bros. I was the kind that would scream and throw the controller, but it got sooo much better after I started drawing. Suddenly losing didn't really matter, because I could draw, so I didn't feel useless. :p

There are still moments where I do feel bad for losing. I was on a Smash tournement where I lost to a 14 year old kid, and I got salty. (Didn't help he had his annoying little brother behind him either. :p) Looking back, I think I would have taken the loss much better if entered the tournement with the mindset of having fun instead of winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back