Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: who has a hard time dealing with losing?

Default who has a hard time dealing with losing?

i've always been that kinda person who never took losing well. I don't really get mad over losing when i understand what i did wrong or understand what i need to do in order to have a better chance at winning. Its when i don't know what to do and am not getting any idea's that i really lose it and get to "may potentially put peoples head thru wall" status. Anyone else like this?

Only times I don't handle losing well are in video games where online matches will say "you lose". That bugs the tar out of me. I already knew I lost, I don't need a reminder :P

But games that end with words like "Defeat" or "failure/ failed" don't really bother me. Don't know why.

Usually only when it happens constantly. When that happens... I begin to feel like I'm just awful at the game & it's not even worth the time.

I used to box as a kid and I really hated to lose. It hurts. But yeah, I used to play a lot of adult league softball, and losing sucks.

MarchinBunny

I never mind losing as long as I am having fun. I think there was only one person that existed that caused me to get irritated when I would lose and that was because I rarely could ever win. I would play FPS games with him and if he got a hold of a sniper (Halo) or crossbow (Half-Life) .. then every time I would respawn I would get sniped.

I once even decided to try to have a little fun with an aimbot .. and he some how still beat me. But ... I at least pissed him off for a while as he tried to figure out exactly what was going on.

Edit: I suppose if someone was constantly bragging about winning, that could also irritate me.

Being considered the "golden child" of my family, failure hasn't been a favorable option for me, so I can admit to being a sore loser. Well, I suppose I've been getting better as I grew older; I only deal with losing well if it's a game I'm good at and understand why I lose. Super Smash Bros for example, I can handle losing in Melee, but in Smash Bros Wii U where the hitboxes make no sense and I can lose to a complete newbie just because they're playing as Cloud, that's harder for me.

MarchinBunny

Quote Originally Posted by ClandestineWing View Post
    Being considered the "golden child" of my family, failure hasn't been a favorable option for me, so I can admit to being a sore loser. Well, I suppose I've been getting better as I grew older; I only deal with losing well if it's a game I'm good at and understand why I lose. Super Smash Bros for example, I can handle losing in Melee, but in Smash Bros Wii U where the hitboxes make no sense and I can lose to a complete newbie just because they're playing as Cloud, that's harder for me.
    The worst thing ever is being killed by someone who gets the smash ball thing. I felt while it was a neat little feature to have fun with, it was more of a gimmick rather than a decent game mechanic to use during a serious game.

Yep, losing does feel bad, but unless it happens too often, I usually just accept it as part of the game. I guess I'm pretty bad at some games... so I guess it happens more often than I like to admit. Smash Bros is a game I used to be really good at playing. I guess until Brawl came out... I've been pretty bad at it and the new one. It's pretty frustrating. After the tenth straight loss, I'm usually ready to give up.

I am not proud of it but i'm a sore loser as well. and a bad winner too so thats just great right? uhm... with the help of my boyfriend i've been getting better tho! not so much bragging about winning and learning to take a loss without getting too angry. it's just when i'm by myself that i get more upset because i don't have someone to help me just anchor myself you know?

Quote Originally Posted by brabbit1987 View Post
    The worst thing ever is being killed by someone who gets the smash ball thing. I felt while it was a neat little feature to have fun with, it was more of a gimmick rather than a decent game mechanic to use during a serious game.
    Thank you~