Thinnest, Quietest, And Most Absorbent Adult Diaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
TimGarry said:
Alright, I just ordered a sample of the Tranquility Slimline Breathables.

I hope you enjoy them. I think they are one of the best kept secrets amongst diaper wearers. I prefer plastic backed diapers normally but I love these and they are probably my favorite cloth backed. They absorb very well in good amounts, don't wick wetness to the outer cover like a vast majority of cloth backed, they're very discreet and comfy. You really can't beat the price for them by the case either. The crazy thing is that I absolutely hate their plastic backed version of the Slimline. They absolutely suck.

Llayden said:
I hope you enjoy them. I think they are one of the best kept secrets amongst diaper wearers. I prefer plastic backed diapers normally but I love these and they are probably my favorite cloth backed. They absorb very well in good amounts, don't wick wetness to the outer cover like a vast majority of cloth backed, they're very discreet and comfy. You really can't beat the price for them by the case either. The crazy thing is that I absolutely hate their plastic backed version of the Slimline. They absolutely suck.

Would it show under cargo pants, or sweat pants? That's what I normally wear... Let me know :)

TimGarry said:
Would it show under cargo pants, or sweat pants? That's what I normally wear... Let me know :)

No. They'll only show if you pull down your pants and show them off to everyone.

Llayden said:
No. They'll only show if you pull down your pants and show them off to everyone.

So if I wore them 24/7 no one would notice or hear them? Do they swell when wet? I'm looking to wear around my parents, for the time I have left living with them. Would it work and would they not notice?

I would recommend the Seni Quatro. I generally keep a case on hand just because I like them. They're not that bulky and they're not plastic-backed, but they aren't the terrible dryer-sheet that passes for cloth-backed store brand diapers. They're closer to the cloth backing you'll find on modern baby diapers. And their absorbency is prettymuch right in line with the Tranquility ATN I've found, without the crinkle.

The only drawback is they're a little pricey, but I would highly recommend them under your criteria:

http://www.xpmedical.com/seni_quatro.html

Carolus said:
I would recommend the Seni Quatro. I generally keep a case on hand just because I like them. They're not that bulky and they're not plastic-backed, but they aren't the terrible dryer-sheet that passes for cloth-backed store brand diapers. They're closer to the cloth backing you'll find on modern baby diapers. And their absorbency is prettymuch right in line with the Tranquility ATN I've found, without the crinkle.

The only drawback is they're a little pricey, but I would highly recommend them under your criteria:

http://www.xpmedical.com/seni_quatro.html

Sounds great, but from the picture they look bulky-ish...

I received my box of samples the other day from XPMedical (11 variety in all!) and it's not looking too promising - most of them are pretty thick (whcih normally I'd count as a good thing) and all of them have a wide crotch. I don't have them in front of me at the moment, but if memory serves correct, the ONLY thinner one had the widest crotch of the bunch. It's like they're being engineered not to work for daytime wear. Frustrating!

I'm not sure what you want exists. Goodnites are made for kids - comparing them to adult products size-wise is going to be a one-sided battle. If you give a "why thin/absorbancy/discreetness is important to me" scenario, maybe we could narrow things down a bit.

Goodnites were already on the quieter side of things I tested out. The only similar products were Depend Real Fit, McKesson underwear, Attends Breathable Briefs, and Tena Ultras. All of which fall short significantly in one aspect of what you want - absorbency and bulk (more specifically, weight) are pretty well correlated negatively (more absorbent things are also heavier things).

That said - unless you want to wear stealth around roommates/family in a home/otherwise quiet setting (in which case, nothing I've tried will be suitable), only the loudest of diapers will tip people off assuming you wear somewhat loose clothing. The general noise level of public places will drown things out.

Here's a summary of what I've tried: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15CCyaNn2xSb5ZpZsHSML7ZEDx-Ebp1UUSdnxJUleBA8/edit#gid=0

I think what you are looking for is Depend Real Fit or Always Discreet. Common, underwear like, quiet, "normal", mostly effective (dont try while sitting or lying down, and change after 1 wetting), and easily concealed, (even under regular underwear if needed). Although not a taped diaper, and certainly not nearly as effective, it meets most of your criteria.

LittleICme said:
....Although not a taped diaper, and certainly not nearly as effective, it meets most of your criteria.

Except for that little one about being a diaper. :)

I haven't seen many people talk about the Molicare Premium Soft Supers, but they are actually very absorbent, discreet, and comfortable. They are cloth backed and not bulky. I can get a few wettings out of them and they are much better then Depends Real Fit. You can also find them priced at less then $1 each.

well of all the samples I received, only the Moli Super (not super plus) was actually pretty thin... thinner than snuggies. But it seems to be rated pretty high. The center is soft plastic but the sides are clothlike. (it's a hybrid) Unfortunately the tapes do NOT stick to the cloth, they must be placed on the plastic, so you can't go very far from the upper size they support. Mediums were a disaster yesterday, had to switch to my change before noon, as three of the four tapes had failed. I'm wearing a large moli super right now and it's doing a lot better. This may end up being my new daytime padding. Looks like $1.19/pc by the case, (from xpmedical) cheaper than the regular waddlers were. I'll still be trying the others, but they're all a lot thicker. I didn't really want ot go to a hybrid, but there may not be another acceptable option right now.

Still hoping for tykables to bring back the original, or for ABU to introduce a thinner SDK.

I know of some diapers that are thin now, but my only problem is, when I wear them they bulge in the back part down towards the middle of the diaper. I can feel it buldging, but i'm not sure if it's visible to other people, they might think something is sticking out of my butt or something... Is this bulge noticeable?

- - - Updated - - -

Llayden said:
Except for that little one about being a diaper. :)

I know of some diapers that are thin now, but my only problem is, when I wear them they bulge in the back part down towards the middle of the diaper. I can feel it buldging, but i'm not sure if it's visible to other people, they might think something is sticking out of my butt or something... Is this bulge noticeable?

- - - Updated - - -

bambinod said:
well of all the samples I received, only the Moli Super (not super plus) was actually pretty thin... thinner than snuggies. But it seems to be rated pretty high. The center is soft plastic but the sides are clothlike. (it's a hybrid) Unfortunately the tapes do NOT stick to the cloth, they must be placed on the plastic, so you can't go very far from the upper size they support. Mediums were a disaster yesterday, had to switch to my change before noon, as three of the four tapes had failed. I'm wearing a large moli super right now and it's doing a lot better. This may end up being my new daytime padding. Looks like $1.19/pc by the case, (from xpmedical) cheaper than the regular waddlers were. I'll still be trying the others, but they're all a lot thicker. I didn't really want ot go to a hybrid, but there may not be another acceptable option right now.

Still hoping for tykables to bring back the original, or for ABU to introduce a thinner SDK.

I'm all for the Seni Quatro. They fit exactly into the criteria you are looking for. I've done 4-5 wettings in them without a leak, and its thin and cloth backed without the tiniest crinkle.

ABU's Cloth-backed Cushies work for this. Very discrete, yet still hold a lot. I, myself, am in the market for a diaper I can wear out and about. I tested Bambino Bianco / Classico, SDK v2, cloth-backed Cushies, and Tykables. The cloth-backed cushies are the most discrete. Tykables are the second-most discrete, but have a much better feel (thicker between the legs when dry, but not enough to cause a waddle). You can't tell you're wearing even a wet Tykables when standing, but when sitting there's a noticeable bulge in front if you're wearing your normal pants over it. The Tykables seem to expand downwards mostly, rather than getting wider in the crotch, so there's that at least. Even when totally soaked they won't make you waddle.

The others aren't worth mentioning. The SDK v2 makes you waddle and is very noticeable, and the Bianco / Classico both smells and causes a waddle, as well as "feeling" more prone to leaks (though it never leaked during tests).

Myself, I'm choosing Tykables for my out and about diaper. I figure I can always throw a coat or something over me when seated. The incredible feel of them is just too good, though.

ID Slip Soft and Seni Quatro you can buy from XP Medical. They are in the same level as Dry 24/7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back