Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Benefits of wearing nappies (outside of the obvious)

Default Benefits of wearing nappies (outside of the obvious)

So I was just wondering, beyond helping with your incontinence, have you ever found any other benefits to wearing nappies? I remember once during winter, it was incredibly icy and everyone was constantly slipping, I myself slipped and landed on my bum many many times... of course thanks to the thickness of the nappy hugging my bottom, this hurt much less than it would otherwise, and I felt pretty sorry for anyone without my cushioning... another time my roof was leaking very badly and I didn't have a bucket or anything to keep the water off the carpet, so found that one of my nappies made a pretty good substitute! I'm also much better at changing baby diapers than most guys my age thanks to my long experience...
    Last edited by derek245; 09-May-2016 at 16:22.

I find them very beneficial in my college courses. I spend so much time at school with long classes and long study sessions in the library. I love that I don't have to monitor my caffeine intake or worry about long classes or try to find a place during high traffic times in the restrooms between classes. I can usually make it through the day with one or two changes utilizing the lull in the bathrooms between classes. I can't help but smile a bit when working with a team on some research and you can clearly see people doing the pee dance not wanting to break off their train of thought especially when making good progress.

I also discovered many years ago that underpads are an excellent way to store firearms for a long time. Whenever I would go overseas for an extended period I would do a detailed clean then oil the living daylights out of the firearms. Lay down a pad or two (depending on length of the firearm), place the weapon on the pads then roll them up tight and tape them shut. Never had any rust formation or lube drying out with this method, even over several years in storage in either damp or hot climates.

Although I have to wear 24/7 due to my moderate level of incontinence I can usually use something less than a premium (Abena L4, Dry 24/7, etc.) diaper. However a premium diaper works great for long day trips away from home when I won't have many good opportunities to change, and for long drives. They are also great or for long running sporting events, especially when there's beer involved. It's also great not having to find or stand in line at a restroom or miss some of the sports action. So even though there are obvious negatives to having to wear a diaper 24/7 at least there are some benefits too.
    Last edited by Padded53; 10-May-2016 at 17:58.

Well to be honest wearing diapers for IC and being in a wheelchair is a dream when attending auctions, like 10 hours standing with no place to sit for "normal" people and missing items for auction in order to take a leak, I have gone with friends who are so jealous that I don't come home and be in pain from the experience.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Love the answers so far - padding is padding and keeps you protected - for me it's not so much of an advantage but disadvantage as I find that I sweat in general a lot more as my mid section is wrapped up like a turkey ready to cook - but back to the OP - the fact I don't have to use some what can be pretty unsavoury roadside loos is a plus for me when driving

Quote Originally Posted by Essexboi View Post
    Love the answers so far - padding is padding and keeps you protected - for me it's not so much of an advantage but disadvantage as I find that I sweat in general a lot more as my mid section is wrapped up like a turkey ready to cook - but back to the OP - the fact I don't have to use some what can be pretty unsavoury roadside loos is a plus for me when driving
    Just as long,nobody is trying to pull the gizzard out before you wrap it up.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Talk about timing. Today there was an article in The Washington Post about having to wear diapers on the job, this one about those who work in the poultry industry. The three big ones, Tyson, Purdue and Pilgrim are not giving their workers bathroom breaks. According to the article, workers who clean chickens stand in a long assembly line, shoulder to shoulder, each cleaning 40 chickens in a minute, if you can believe that. There are supposed to be people to relieve them on the line should the need a bathroom break, but the complaint is that often no one shows up for at least an hour. Many workers simply urinated while standing and working. Now they wear Pampers, from what the article said. My guess is that they must insert the diaper into the underwear.

I'm not incontinent but I'm getting older and the number of trips I have to make to the bathroom (2 or 3 each night) is increasingly interrupting my sleep (grumpy baby). Lately I've been wearing a diaper to bed. I'm AB so I adjusted to it easily. No more trips to the bathroom. I do wake up to pee but I fall right back to sleep. I've found that not only do I sleep better, I'm more alert and well rested in the morning (happy baby).

Question: Am I going to make myself night-time incontinent?

P.S. Yes I've been to a urologist and no, I don't want any of their medical solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by tickles51 View Post
    I'm not incontinent

Question: Am I going to make myself night-time incontinent?

P.S. Yes I've been to a urologist and no, I don't want any of their medical solutions.

You will likely find that you wet the bed easier and may wake up occassionally and not known when you wet. You will likely train your body that it is ok to wet while lying in bed and/or sleeping. This can often be diaper dependent and you may find yourself 'diaper-trained' to wet when protected, but not wet when not diapered.