Not open for further replies.

Kaliborio

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Hey team.

I suspect I'm going to fly from BNE to MEL sometime later this year.

This is my first time where flying while diapered is not optional and therefore it will be my first time taking diapers in my luggage / in my carry-on and my first time wearing through security.

Is this going to be potentially problematic? What can I do to make it less problematic and make it as generally non-painful of an experience as I can?

I always fly padded, often pretty thickly, in fact last week I flew from Milan (Italy) to Los Angeles wearing boosted M4s and having plenty spares both in my hand luggage and in my checked bag. Security went as smooth as ever, and even if anything came up, as I always say, wearing diapers is not illegal by any means, and I don't see a reason why it would be problematic.

Once flying back home from Berlin they had to pat me down because the metal detector beeped (it was probably the metal snaps of my plastic pants), I'm assuming the agent felt the bulk in my pants, and didn't bat an eyelid having probably encountered many other people wearing diapers before. If you're worried about patdowns or closer checks just make sure you're not wearing anything metal when you go through the scanner (jeans' buttons are normally okay) so they'll be less likely to have to inspect you more closely.

quattrus said:
I always fly padded, often pretty thickly, in fact last week I flew from Milan (Italy) to Los Angeles wearing boosted M4s and having plenty spares both in my hand luggage and in my checked bag. Security went as smooth as ever, and even if anything came up, as I always say, wearing diapers is not illegal by any means, and I don't see a reason why it would be problematic.

Once flying back home from Berlin they had to pat me down because the metal detector beeped (it was probably the metal snaps of my plastic pants), I'm assuming the agent felt the bulk in my pants, and didn't bat an eyelid having probably encountered many other people wearing diapers before. If you're worried about patdowns or closer checks just make sure you're not wearing anything metal when you go through the scanner (jeans' buttons are normally okay) so they'll be less likely to have to inspect you more closely.

Damn, I didn't realise metal detectors were that sensitive. I suspect if that's the case they may detect my onesie snaps.

Were you dry when you went through security? I've had a few people now advise me that this is quite important and that I should change before going through security, but I'd rather not waste diapers if I don't have to.

Last time I flew I wore a cheap pull-on to the airport, then once through security changed into my thicker diaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely, I am IC so if I wasn't wearing a diaper, it would not be good. I usually always wear my night time diapers as the are much more absorbing and always plastic pants. You just make sure they are disp. And not cloth as the pins may set off the scanner.

God, this topic has been done to death, can't the mods make it sticky?

Kaliborio said:
Were you dry when you went through security? I've had a few people now advise me that this is quite important and that I should change before going through security, but I'd rather not waste diapers if I don't have to.

No, I wasn't dry, I stop being dry less than 5 minutes after having changed into fresh padding :eek:

Even the times I went through the dreaded full-body scanners, the only thing that showed on the monitors was the sweat on the back of my T-shirt, and that didn't raise any red flag. And in the (very unlikey) case you get asked to explain why there seems to be wetness in your crotch, is it that terrible to just say "That might be because I'm wearing a diaper"? :)

I wore diapers when I flew from LHR to LAX to be with my mommy forever.
It's about a 12 hour flight and I took a two of these super thick diapers I got from ABDLFactory.

I changed into them when I got through security (Super paranoid!) and just relaxed in them when I was waiting for the plane and after I got on.

I was wearing loose sweatpants too so it was like maximum comfort! XD

Those diapers swelled up to like maximum capacity. I went premium economy so I got my own seat without being stacked in with other people. So when I changed, I just went to the bathroom on the flight with a little bag of babywipes, powder, cream and a bag for the used diapee.

It was a pretty awesome flight hehe. My mommy changed my last diaper when we both got home together.

Nice, Uzuki. I agree that, at least in the US and UK where they use the body-scanners, it is important to have a dry diaper when going through security. I learned that lesson the hard way several times. I fly across the pond many times a year, and am in at least Business, if not First. Depending on the airplane configuration, I'll sometimes change into thicker diapers at the airport before the flight (but after security, usually in the lounge). If I'm in First and I have to change into the complimentary pajamas they give you, I'll just bring my suitcase with me to the lavatory, and then change into thicker diapers and pajamas once on-board. Flying in luxurious pajamas, in thick diapers, while imbibing in free, premium alcohol, is simply...awesome...I had a 16 hour flight last month, and did exactly that. After I got changed into my pajamas during boarding, I ate a great meal, and SLEPT right until about an hour prior to landing, without having to get-up once to use the lavatory!

Flying

I want to fly in diapers but I don't know if I should put them on before I leave for the airport or after I get through security. How do you all usually do it?

If you think that you are going to wet before going through security, then it is best to put the diaper on AFTER security. If you aren't incontinent, and just wear for fun, then it is okay and perhaps better, to change at home where it is cleaner and there is more space and you are more comfortable...just don't wet prior to going through security. Speaking from personal experience, wet diapers are often flagged on the body-scanners as suspicious and can result in pat-downs, often requiring you to undress in a private room (happened to me several times).

I'll add to what BambinoBaby said by saying that it depends on what you want to have happen. If the idea of maybe getting found out thrills you, go ahead and wear through security. If you want to increase the odds of being found out, wet before going through. Otherwise, keep the diaper in your carry-on and change after you go through security.

I fly a lot, and have worn many times, but I've never gone through wet. I hear that if you go through a full-body scanner with a wet anything you're going to get flagged, so I've never done it. That said, I have opted for a pat-down a couple times just because I don't trust those human-sized microwave ovens. No, I don't care what anyone says. On one occasion, I was wearing a pad (Seni Man Fit) and was asked if I had anything to disclose, so I told him what I was wearing. He seemed surprised, but nothing happened.

On the same trip, on the way back, the same thing happened but I didn't disclose I was wearing a pad and the agent didn't seem to notice.

If you wear through security, count on getting caught. It's not all that likely, but it's best to be prepared for that. If that's what you want, go for it.

-RMS

For those of you with inhibition about changing into a diaper in a public stall after the security checkpoint: Most all major airports will have at least one airline lounge. People don't realize that 9/10 times you can buy a day pass to the lounge, which again 9/10 times have private bathrooms (showers) giving you all the privacy you want to change. I think the average day pass costs about ~$50.

Sparks said:
I want to fly in diapers but I don't know if I should put them on before I leave for the airport or after I get through security. How do you all usually do it?

Quite a few have commented on this. Padding will increase your odds of additional screening. Being wet will increase the chances even more. If you can wait till you get through security, do so. Put on your diaper in the bathroom on the other side.

Mate your in Australia so you don't have to worry about being wet going through screening as they do in the US. As stated on fetlife I'm a platinum FF and wear all the time in Australia and never been checked. I wear mine from home until i land. Even if your going overseas from Australia you can still wear going through screening.

Sorry if I come across as blunt but I really don't see what the problem is the people that do security are generally professional and should respond professionally if you've got a diaper on and chances are you're not likely to be the only person they meet that day padded up. Because I'm in a wheelchair I have no choice but to be patted down (oh joy). I know there have been nightmare stories about the TSA behaving in what is frankly a unprofessional manner but in general there are bigger things to worry about

If you're with friends, family or work colleagues who don't know though, not sure it's a risk worth taking... if you don't need nappies, best putting one on after going through security!

cp88 said:
Sorry if I come across as blunt but I really don't see what the problem is the people that do security are generally professional and should respond professionally if you've got a diaper on and chances are you're not likely to be the only person they meet that day padded up. Because I'm in a wheelchair I have no choice but to be patted down (oh joy). I know there have been nightmare stories about the TSA behaving in what is frankly a unprofessional manner but in general there are bigger things to worry about

There are bigger things, and they SHOULD respond professionally. You are totally right. However, life is not so perfect and some TSA officials are not so well trained, give a shit, or just want to take out their dislike for their job on others. There are also much bigger concerns in life. I wear diapers. I fly. I enjoy some fancy pants under my adult pants. I accept that I might be called out and I never try to intentionally mess with the TSA or embarrass others. Everyone has different experiences and yours are just a valid as anyone else.

The most important thing (I think your point as well) is enjoy life! Wear if you must or want. If you do, accept the inconveniences and hold your head high! Someone loves you and airport security is just a small part of your day. I know I am proud, and deal with the 15 min of shame or what have you when it is my turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back