Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diapered while flying

Default Diapered while flying

Hey team.

I suspect I'm going to fly from BNE to MEL sometime later this year.

This is my first time where flying while diapered is not optional and therefore it will be my first time taking diapers in my luggage / in my carry-on and my first time wearing through security.

Is this going to be potentially problematic? What can I do to make it less problematic and make it as generally non-painful of an experience as I can?

I always fly padded, often pretty thickly, in fact last week I flew from Milan (Italy) to Los Angeles wearing boosted M4s and having plenty spares both in my hand luggage and in my checked bag. Security went as smooth as ever, and even if anything came up, as I always say, wearing diapers is not illegal by any means, and I don't see a reason why it would be problematic.

Once flying back home from Berlin they had to pat me down because the metal detector beeped (it was probably the metal snaps of my plastic pants), I'm assuming the agent felt the bulk in my pants, and didn't bat an eyelid having probably encountered many other people wearing diapers before. If you're worried about patdowns or closer checks just make sure you're not wearing anything metal when you go through the scanner (jeans' buttons are normally okay) so they'll be less likely to have to inspect you more closely.

Quote Originally Posted by quattrus View Post
    I always fly padded, often pretty thickly, in fact last week I flew from Milan (Italy) to Los Angeles wearing boosted M4s and having plenty spares both in my hand luggage and in my checked bag. Security went as smooth as ever, and even if anything came up, as I always say, wearing diapers is not illegal by any means, and I don't see a reason why it would be problematic.

Once flying back home from Berlin they had to pat me down because the metal detector beeped (it was probably the metal snaps of my plastic pants), I'm assuming the agent felt the bulk in my pants, and didn't bat an eyelid having probably encountered many other people wearing diapers before. If you're worried about patdowns or closer checks just make sure you're not wearing anything metal when you go through the scanner (jeans' buttons are normally okay) so they'll be less likely to have to inspect you more closely.
    Damn, I didn't realise metal detectors were that sensitive. I suspect if that's the case they may detect my onesie snaps.

Were you dry when you went through security? I've had a few people now advise me that this is quite important and that I should change before going through security, but I'd rather not waste diapers if I don't have to.

Last time I flew I wore a cheap pull-on to the airport, then once through security changed into my thicker diaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely, I am IC so if I wasn't wearing a diaper, it would not be good. I usually always wear my night time diapers as the are much more absorbing and always plastic pants. You just make sure they are disp. And not cloth as the pins may set off the scanner.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaliborio View Post
    Were you dry when you went through security? I've had a few people now advise me that this is quite important and that I should change before going through security, but I'd rather not waste diapers if I don't have to.
    No, I wasn't dry, I stop being dry less than 5 minutes after having changed into fresh padding

Even the times I went through the dreaded full-body scanners, the only thing that showed on the monitors was the sweat on the back of my T-shirt, and that didn't raise any red flag. And in the (very unlikey) case you get asked to explain why there seems to be wetness in your crotch, is it that terrible to just say "That might be because I'm wearing a diaper"?

I wore diapers when I flew from LHR to LAX to be with my mommy forever.
    It's about a 12 hour flight and I took a two of these super thick diapers I got from ABDLFactory.

I changed into them when I got through security (Super paranoid!) and just relaxed in them when I was waiting for the plane and after I got on.

I was wearing loose sweatpants too so it was like maximum comfort! XD

Those diapers swelled up to like maximum capacity. I went premium economy so I got my own seat without being stacked in with other people. So when I changed, I just went to the bathroom on the flight with a little bag of babywipes, powder, cream and a bag for the used diapee.

It was a pretty awesome flight hehe. My mommy changed my last diaper when we both got home together.

Nice, Uzuki. I agree that, at least in the US and UK where they use the body-scanners, it is important to have a dry diaper when going through security. I learned that lesson the hard way several times. I fly across the pond many times a year, and am in at least Business, if not First. Depending on the airplane configuration, I'll sometimes change into thicker diapers at the airport before the flight (but after security, usually in the lounge). If I'm in First and I have to change into the complimentary pajamas they give you, I'll just bring my suitcase with me to the lavatory, and then change into thicker diapers and pajamas once on-board. Flying in luxurious pajamas, in thick diapers, while imbibing in free, premium alcohol, is simply...awesome...I had a 16 hour flight last month, and did exactly that. After I got changed into my pajamas during boarding, I ate a great meal, and SLEPT right until about an hour prior to landing, without having to get-up once to use the lavatory!

Default Flying

I want to fly in diapers but I don't know if I should put them on before I leave for the airport or after I get through security. How do you all usually do it?