Developing affection for stuffed animals and plushies

Status
Not open for further replies.
SparklyTwilight said:
I love my plushies! I got a parrot called Captain Crackers and he lives on my bed with Jolly giraffe and Bounce my kangaroo. I also have beanie boos and a rabbit. I also got a Bob the minion. Sometimes they are lying about when people come over. Like if I've been watching cartoons with one of my plushie gang and they are just lying on the sofa. But it is actually ok, I find people don't really care much or at least they don't say anything. Sometimes I even takes my plushie out, usually when it is just me and my husband and we are going out to the movies or for a meal. I mean it would be kinda mean to leave one of the plushies out think of all the adventues they would miss! But when it comes to going out around people we actually know I might be a bit more shy.

Whats your teddy called Zendot? I bet he is really cute and would like to play with captain crackers :)

*By a bit more shy i mean I don't take them out with me with people what I know

The thing is that I haven't had plushies since I was a little kid, so it would be a bit strange to say the least, when all of a sudden people coming to my house see a 55cm (21inch) brand new teddy bear, that would sure raise some questions :D

I call him Cookie because that's his colour description and I find that both funny and cute. Thank you, he is and I know he would like to play with captain Crackers too, which is also a funny name :)

'Had a ton of various stuffed animals when I was younger, but most were decorative and offered by my growing sibling, during my preteen i've put the vast majority in my closet (to gain space on my bed). Practically all of them have names. Now most are stored in my basement. Today I have four or five in my room. My favorite is a bear with a beige,cream color fur is name mean both "soft"(to touch) and "tender" in my language. This plush look wonderful, He have probably cost a fortune :think: . It's a member of my family that I have literally never meet after my birth, who offered it to me. My second favorite is a dolphin, I brought him for a day spent with my closest friend in an amusement park. I wanted a souvenir to rethink this pleasant day. It turns out that he have a perfect shape to wedge and relax my jaw during the night (and he limits my bruxism). Thanks to this caracteristic I started to hug some plushies or put them near my head, from time to time during my sleep. Never done that before! Even when I was a baby or child!:laugh: It became a punctual habit. I've also a giant blue whale and three stuffed backpack -gameboy-holder Pikachus. Found them years ago in a garage sale. I'm glad of that (they are great 20th collectors merchandise!) unfortunately they are also stored in my bassement right now... I should back them.

I have two MLP plushies that I bought from build-a-bear and I cannot imagine a night without them and I get upset and worried if I wake up in the middle of the night and I can't find them right away. I always play with them, cuddle with them, tell them I love them and always give them a kisses. Like tonight I put some music on and I grabbed my Twilight plushie and we sang the songs that were playing, I sang to here and she sang to me as well. I hate it when I have to hide them (usually under my bed sheets) when company comes over or when people walk into my room. I am pretty sure that everyone in my immediate family knows that I have them because I am pretty sure they have seen me sleeping with them but I still hide them though. I think my parents are OK with it as long as I keep it confined to my room and my siblings leave it alone and leave it be. I give them a hug before leaving for work in the morning and and I hug them when I get back. I love knowing that when I return they will be there for me and we can cuddle together which makes me happier and it relieve a lot of the stress I have especially after a bad/long day.
I would say that I have a deep emotional/affectionate relationship with them and I would not know what I would do without them.

Actually, I remember taking a trip back to Texas to see some family recently, and I didn't have any of my stuffies with me. During the night I felt really uncomfortable and a little scared all alone in my bed without them there with me. So yeah, I think I have gotten pretty close to them ^-^

I love plushies and have tons of them. Even if I know they arent alive, I feel like they are alive. I'm particularly fond of plushies with sad eyes, I dont know why but I'm sure there's some sleezy freudian explanation for that :/ .

So yeah....no secret that I have a totally soft spot for my teddy :biggrin: and yes I do interact with him as though he's actually real, and so I definitely get the whole affection for an inanimate cuddly thing. Let's just say we're awesome mates. (Though I do truly know he's just a toy....it just seems weird to say it...oh, and please don't tell him cause I'm sure it would break his sweet little heart) he's lucky that my partner is cool that we hang out together :giggles: no jealousy there. (Anyway she bought him so what could she say right)

I never thought I'd develop a real attachment to my bearie when I got him, but that changed fast. Two years later I HAVE to sleep with him every night, though I can go without him once in a while when I stay at someone else's place. He's a spiritual successor to Blanks, my blanket I had as a child that I stupidly threw away when I was 8 because I thought I was too "grown up for that". Now it's one of my biggest regrets :-(

When I got my bear a couple years ago, I never thought I'd ever become so attached to him. Yes, he's a a him, not an it! I love my bear dearly. He's the only source of hugs/cuddles/affection I have in my life so he's very important to me, even beyond the realms of AB/DL.

Personally im extremely attached to my blankie he has a name i made a full back story for him and i have to sleep with him every night. Everyone needs interaction. Its only natural to form bonds its something humans were made to do. Embrace it!

I LOVE your Avatar, lilmissblush so cute, i Wanted a cute picture like that!

Oh, definitely. I haven't had my stuffies for a long time, but I still feel very attached to them. When I was in high school, I had a horrible case of back-acne which made sleeping on my back so painful it was impossible. So I had to start sleeping on my belly, and I decided that I should get a stuffie to sleep up with. I got a big, 25 inch tall Pikachu from Amazon and I've cuddled up with him every night ever since. In my first year of college, I got a 12 inch Yoshi plush and I cuddle up with him every night, too. I got a giant Yoshi as a gift from my sister in Texas. On the night before my flight back home, she snuck it into my travel bag and when I got home I was really surprised! The latest stuffie I've got is a Cubone, just a couple of months ago. He's super soft and great for hugs!

I think that I'm attached to them because I loved them even before I got cute, plushy versions of them. I make sure they have amble space, not crammed anywhere nor in any place where they might get hurt. And I make sure to spot-wash them whenever necessary, and I use a lint-roller too.

Yes i have kind of a big attached to my plush to. My Teddy bear that i cal Teddy and my Pikachu that i call cute nose. He is cute and he have a nose so it is kind of a simple name.

I make sure my Plushes Are put back neatly and so the bigger ones Are not squashing the Little ones

I have a small goat plushie my gram bought me at a zoo quite a few years back. I named him Fredrick and hes been with me ever since. He's small enough to fit in a big pocket so I usually take him everywhere. Of course I have tons and tons of other stuffies, I've collected stuffed animals since I first entered this world. Sometimes there just that to me. Stuffed animals. But then theres Swift Heart Rabbit and Fredrick, Jeffery the Giraffe, and so on.

honestly.. i love my stuffies! it's a great thing to hold and get a little spot of comfort. It also helps display who you are. Do you like dogs? Cats? fantasy creatures? your stuffies are likely to show it. i have a lot of affection for them.. i even have the first two i ever got! there's some i like more some i like less. i used to take one everywhere i went if i was going to be gone for more than a day. and felt badif they had to be in a bag or something. I totally understand the feeling you're having and i think it's a great thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back