Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Developing affection for stuffed animals and plushies

Default Developing affection for stuffed animals and plushies

A couple of days ago I had some visits and had to hide all my stuff. The next day as I was getting ready to go to work all my stuff was still hidden but I remembered how my teddy bear was kind crammed and under some clothes, so I took him out, and as I did that I also got an urge to hug him and I did.

I felt really good and it got me thinking how initially I saw it as just a teddy bear but now it seems I'm actually developing a serious affection for this inanimate object, I was really surprised because I didn't think I would start to get attached to my teddy bear and see him as more than just a soft object. But I do, and it's great actually.

I went looking around the internet and apparently stuffed animals are not only important for babies and toddlers emotional development but can also provide emotional comfort and healing on older children and adults which makes sense.

Do you any similar stories or thoughts you would like to share? Any stuffed animals you have and like to cuddle with?

I love my plushies! I got a parrot called Captain Crackers and he lives on my bed with Jolly giraffe and Bounce my kangaroo. I also have beanie boos and a rabbit. I also got a Bob the minion. Sometimes they are lying about when people come over. Like if I've been watching cartoons with one of my plushie gang and they are just lying on the sofa. But it is actually ok, I find people don't really care much or at least they don't say anything. Sometimes I even takes my plushie out, usually when it is just me and my husband and we are going out to the movies or for a meal. I mean it would be kinda mean to leave one of the plushies out think of all the adventues they would miss! But when it comes to going out around people we actually know I might be a bit more shy.

Whats your teddy called Zendot? I bet he is really cute and would like to play with captain crackers

*By a bit more shy i mean I don't take them out with me with people what I know

I sleep with my plushie tiger named Trevor. Yeah, I'm pretty attached to him. I find it difficult to sleep without him. And yes, I think of him as a "him" not an "it". I fully understand it is all my imagination, but so is everything about regression. I love the fact that I have the imagination of a young child! So I will go on loving and cuddling my Trevor every night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh Roo that reminded me! I sleep with my Giraffe every night. It isn't cause he is my favouritest or anything it is cos I like to hug his neck. And yep my giraffe Jolly is definately a He and my kangaross Bounce is definitely a she. Captain Crackers is definately a he and Snowflower bunny is definitely a she.

I bet Trevor lives in the jungle and hunts snakes and swims in jungle pools!

Trevor lives in my bed, silly, and he just gives hugs and snuggles.

I also have Paw Patrol plushies, Chase and Marshal. They are and Marshal.

I've said it before around here, but I've become super attached to my wolf plush. Getting him was the one of the best things I've ever done.

Im super attached to my bunny! But I also kinda feel bad for cuddling bunny more than my other two main plushies, nana (monkey) and Bruce (dog)