Anyone else find they require a thicker diaper overnight now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bambinod

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Though I'm not IC, I find diapers overnight extremely helpful in my getting a good night's rest, because it takes me awhile to get back to sleep after getting up to make a potty run. Now I just wake up, release, and fall right back to sleep. Call it one of my "legitimate justifications for diapers" if you want to.

Anyway, another morning, another soaked diaper. Tonight I took an abu space all the way to the back of the padding, one more wetting and it would have probably leaked out the top back. I'm guessing I woke up to wet (and fall right back to sleep) maybe 6-7 times. Now one other thing I've been doing is drinking a tall glass of milk before bed, and again that's to help me get a good night's sleep. The milk is a recent change, but for me it's made a huge improvement. Together with my diapers, I'm getting a consistent good night's rest every night, which is just awesome compared to what I had been getting.

But I'm finding it interesting just how much I have to go overnight now. I know I'm getting older, and more trips to the bathroom are a given as you age, but I never knew if it was a matter of more total urine per day or just more frequency with less volume each time. Urine production is supposed to be suppressed by hormones released by your kidneys as you sleep, and at least for me this doesn't seem to be working at all. If nothing, I wet MORE overnight than I have during the entire day. This evening I didn't even really drink much in the evening before my bedtime milk either.

Has anyone else noticed an increase in diaper use overnight over time? I remember just a few years ago where I used to have to drink several bottles of water right before bed if I wanted to have anywhere near a fully used Bambino diaper by morning. Now I'm filling a Space to capacity overnight without even trying. It doesn't particularly bother me, I enjoy waking up to a nicely swollen bulk between my legs. (as long as I'm not leaking!) I just thought it was interesting to see it coming about, and was wondering how common it is in our community?

I notice a huge increase in usage by drinking right before bed. It seems to override the hormones? I can sleep through the whole night dry and not wake up if I only drink 1/2 glass an hour before bed. But when I have a bottle or two of something right before .... wake out very wet diaper a coming :)

You could try to not drink an entire glass and see if it cuts back a little bit. I do believe that hormone doesn't work as well as you get older and thus why you have to pee more overnight.

Me i like very thick so thick i have 2 crawl

tewks7979 said:
Me i like very thick so thick i have 2 crawl

and what's your method of getting a super thick diaper???

I dont have one i wear disposables. And northshore supreme is the thickest diaper i think ive tried

WaddleKitten said:
and what's your method of getting a super thick diaper???

Drinking a lot before bed ;)

- - - Updated - - -

KarmaBaby said:
You could try to not drink an entire glass and see if it cuts back a little bit. I do believe that hormone doesn't work as well as you get older and thus why you have to pee more overnight.

Oh I don't mind! If anything I kinda like it. I used to have to drink more before bed and sometimes that meant feeling a bit bloated as I crawled into bed shortly after having slammed a few bottles of water. I'm just kinda stumped as to where it's all coming from.

I haven't noticed any change in usage since I started wearing decades ago. If I need to pee during the night, it's because I drank more than usual close to bedtime.

Yes.
I used to get by with no diaper.
Many years ago I used to be able to get by with a pull-up at night cause I could get up several times, in time.
After too many unsuccessful nights, with pull-ups not being adequate, I moved to taped diapers and have never looked back.
So much better to have a wet diaper and a dry bed or pants!
I started with medium weight diapers at night (Tena Ultra), then had to switch to more absorbent Abena M4, now use Dry 24/7, and ordering ABU simples.
I frequently wake up with a wet diaper in the middle of the night (usually 2-4am) without having realized when I wet. Sucks when my tshirt is damp due to leaks.
By morning my diaper is usually 75% used, or if not, the morning pee is usually released before or as I get out of bed.
I am really looking forward to choosing the ABU as it may forever solve the night time absorbency quest.

Well my urologist who prescribes my diapers and knows I'm IC still checks my prostate and asks how many times I get up at night to pee, then wipes my butt retapes my diaper and goes oh yeah you don't ever get up huh!!!

And just wait as you get older the prostate starts growing and interfering as well as the anti diuretic hormones get weaker, the perfect storm if you like diapers a pain in the Azz if you dont.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back