Is it Just Me or is AB and DL becoming more prevelant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeddyBearCowboy

A real-life, genuine teddy bear cowboy
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
I am curious, do others see the same trends of increasing awareness of being a DL or AB in society and particularly on the internet? Not only an awareness, but more specifically of an increased interest and participation in this?

Not long ago, when you would conduct a google search on adult diapers, you would get only a few sites that were primarily medical in nature. Now, when you complete the same search, there are some twenty to thirty sites that specialize in adult diapers and many are actually of an ABDL theme.

There is quite an increase in the number of ABDL diaper producers and they just seem to be getting better and with more professional appearance and quality. Whereas Abena, Tena, Depends, Attends, etc.. used to be what was available, there are now many companies creating diapers tailored to ABDLs.

Companies like Aww So Cute; Tykables; AB Universe with Little Paws, Cushies, Super Dry Kids, ABU Space; Bambinos with Teddy Bear, Classico, and Belissimo; Cuddlz; ABDL factory; and many more.

To me it seems that this increase in number and types of adult diapers and other ABDL clothing and accessories is telling not only a story of businesses recognizing the market, but the fact that the interest in wearing diapers and being ABDL is growing.

There seems to be an awareness in pop culture as well... whether you like it or not, the fact that individuals such as Miley Cyrus are coming out and claiming to be AB and even creating music videos with this theme.

Anyhow, it just seems that the numbers of people who are joining this interest are participating, or else the previously more common closet diaper wearing individuals are coming out of the closet.

Is it just me or do others see this same trend?

Thoughts?

:detective3

I think you're overselling it, but there's no doubt that the opportunities for meeting people and getting nice stuff are much greater now than they were a decade ago, and that in turn much greater than they were before the 2000s. I do think that people, in general, are growing more tolerant about sex, which may allow more people to explore ABDL desires, though I'm not convinced that the numbers of our community are really growing all that much. I think, rather, that people are more willing to seek out and indulge their already existing desires, and more connected online.

There' probably a bit of a bibble at work right now, and at some point it will pop and there will be a shakedown before things settle down a little bit. Right now the bubble is fueled by the providers all discovering this "market vacuum" at the same time and rushing to get a foot in the door and get a stake in it. It's growing on boh ends though, because as more vendors become available, more people that "never imagined this would be available to them" are discovering it due to its surge in popularity, so the demand is also increasing in addition to the supply. When supply finally overtakes demand by enough of a margin, that's when the bubble will burst.

bambinod said:
There' probably a bit of a bibble at work right now, and at some point it will pop and there will be a shakedown before things settle down a little bit. Right now the bubble is fueled by the providers all discovering this "market vacuum" at the same time and rushing to get a foot in the door and get a stake in it. It's growing on boh ends though, because as more vendors become available, more people that "never imagined this would be available to them" are discovering it due to its surge in popularity, so the demand is also increasing in addition to the supply. When supply finally overtakes demand by enough of a margin, that's when the bubble will burst.

Add that to the fact that with the rapid influx of "new diapers" there is a higher 'peaked' demand. What I mean by peaked is that at some point, we will run out of storage space, and the vast majority of the ABDL population isn't 24/7, resulting in a 'slump' in demand.

I believe this is a big driver of growth in the market; the perception of there being many new diapers, combined with the fear of them being discontinued, thus stocking up. This may also contribute to a bubble.

Well originally computer nerds played with Colleco Adam and phone modem couplers on bulletin boards then the intranet became the Internet and desktops became phones and phablets and all the people who thought they were alone found groups of like minded individuals .

And poof all the marginalized "outliers" became prime time , and social media became everybody's friend except the big corporations who could no longer afford to mistreat it's customers because they all had a voice and conscience .

ABDL probably is growing but so is every other hobby ,lifestyle and fetish as we all find a voice and platform.
Hopefully as stated above we are not like the housing market or the economy and have a bubble that's gonna break and crash, because we are enjoying it now, but it may not last,if we are lucky we get accepted by society and embraced like the LGBT movement and truly evolve instead of imploding under the weight of our own saggy diapers.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Trend with context of BDSM:
ab7147e4c91fc2a71c28f0faea450baa.jpg

https://www.google.com/trends/explo... baby, Diaper lover, Bdsm&cmpt=q&tz=Etc/GMT+5

The ABDL diaper market aside, I've noticed throughout my own personal observations of surfing tumblr, youtube, and other sites over the last 2-3 years that the younger wave of AB/DL's are very accepting of themselves, confident, and also seemingly greater in numbers. Also, through tons of other subcultures like "littles" & Age Players etc., more young women have come forward online showing their own natural fascinations with the community than before.. whether diapers are involved or not.

Now, the above is my own view, which could be complete bullish*t, but I still see it this way compared to 10 years ago when I was a confused teenager, taking to the internet for the first time. Most kids like me were all on other sites that were ridden with fake accounts, fighting, and uncomfortable settings.

But yes, young people are more apt to feel comfortable expressing themselves on the internet nowadays, which has cemented it's presence into our culture. The internet has also shed a lot of light on the AB/DL community, as well as managed to create a few comfortable support settings (*Cough* .. Adisc) where young people can come and learn about all of this safely. This has undoubtedly helped a lot of the new wave come forward and feel good about themselves. Not to forget that teaching open-mindedness towards sexual orientation, transgender, and the 'whatever floats your boat' mentality has begun to take heed with the young people, for both others and themselves.

Whether or not they are truly greater in numbers is highly debatable, and I'm sure it could only be the internet bringing us all closer, but I'd like to think that someday there will be less of a stigma attached to both the AB/DL community and adult diapers in general. I'm not saying that there needs to be whole movement and that it's on the same caliber as subjects such as the LGBT community at all, but instead for people to be a lot less ignorant about it. With a little understanding and insight, things could be different.

Cloud said:
The ABDL diaper market aside, I've noticed throughout my own personal observations of surfing tumblr, youtube, and other sites over the last 2-3 years that the younger wave of AB/DL's are very accepting of themselves, confident, and also seemingly greater in numbers. Also, through tons of other subcultures like "littles" & Age Players etc., more young women have come forward online showing their own natural fascinations with the community than before.. whether diapers are involved or not.

Now, the above is my own view, which could be complete bullish*t, but I still see it this way compared to 10 years ago when I was a confused teenager, taking to the internet for the first time. Most kids like me were all on other sites that were ridden with fake accounts, fighting, and uncomfortable settings.

But yes, young people are more apt to feel comfortable expressing themselves on the internet nowadays, which has cemented it's presence into our culture. The internet has also shed a lot of light on the AB/DL community, as well as managed to create a few comfortable support settings (*Cough* .. Adisc) where young people can come and learn about all of this safely. This has undoubtedly helped a lot of the new wave come forward and feel good about themselves. Not to forget that teaching open-mindedness towards sexual orientation, transgender, and the 'whatever floats your boat' mentality has begun to take heed with the young people, for both others and themselves.

Whether or not they are truly greater in numbers is highly debatable, and I'm sure it could only be the internet bringing us all closer, but I'd like to think that someday there will be less of a stigma attached to both the AB/DL community and adult diapers in general. I'm not saying that there needs to be whole movement and that it's on the same caliber as subjects such as the LGBT community at all, but instead for people to be a lot less ignorant about it. With a little understanding and insight, things could be different.

This is an interesting observation and one I feel I have witnessed myself. Some of the prior posts suggest that perhaps it is just marketing and people becoming business savvy to the opportunity for providing products to those of us with this interest. Even so, by so doing and by having websites that are easily available, it is certainly making this interest more commonly found than in previous years. Especially when the products are marketing in a fashion that doesn't seem like you are going to some secret or dark source for obtaining them.

When you see posts showing that ABDL themed diapers are now being available at some true medical supply stores as on-the-shelf displayed products for not just those who are ABDL to see them, that also seems to note that they are becoming perhaps a little more commonly known.

In any case, the fact that there are more businesses providing ABDL themed products undoubtedly will result in more people knowing about this and perhaps also providing open doors for some who may have an intrinsic desire for this but have kept it at bay or not participated in the ABDL community. I was in my twenties before I ever participated in internet sites because I thought I was the only one. As products are available and growth in ABDL related sites happen, it seems to make sense that more people will stumble across this and begin to participate when they may have previously been to ashamed to admit to these interests.

The poster that showed Google trends demonstrating that the searches for ABDL and similar themes are increasing over time shows that there are more people seeking information on this subject. For anyone who has ever used Google analytics for their own business, there is some really valuable data there. It would be interesting to obtain the internet analytics for ADISC and what the changes in usage and locations of visitors might demonstrate. There are quite a few other internet statistics that might be valuable if someone with the technical know how to obtain them were to research this.

In any case, I think it is an interesting topic to consider. As with anything that was once taboo and becomes more common and ultimately accepted in a society, there are a number of steps that take place. Being gay or lesbian is certainly an example. From once being something having to be kept so secret and those who participated in such interests often faced not only ostracism by in some cases legal consequences, such as being kicked out of the military or banned from certain careers and occupations, to becoming a protected interest, which the law now supports. That is a major change that has occurred during the course really of a few decades of change.

I think in some aspects this perhaps has paved the way for other interests, including ABDLism to be less ostracized and more accepted in society. It will be interesting to see what changes (no pun intended) take place in the next several years.

:detective3

Teddy Bear Cowboy

I feel that while the amount of ABDL stuff has definitely grown, most of these are people that were closeted before and just coming out and embracing their ABDL side now whereas, they wouldn't have done so before, though I do believe that the numbers have *slightly* grown thanks to people being introduced to it, trying it, and liking it.

I believe that the rise of ABDL is part of people being far more educated thanks to the internet, and far more tolerant of alternate lifestyles, and different tastes than it was 10 years ago. I remember 10 years ago, there was no support system and I was very alone, whereas now, you can discover what ABDL is, meet other ABDLs, and join the community on Tumblr. And this effects far more than just ABDL. I know that no matter what community I'm in, I keep hearing people say "This is the golden age of "Insert Community/Fandom Here". Regardless, things are better for nearly everyone. ABDL may still be relatively unknown, it's definitely more well known now than it used to be, and thanks to people being more tolerant and adopting a "If you're not hurting anyone, live and let live" attitude, we have more support and a better community, which I am very happy about. :smile1:

I grew up with the Internet I downloaded pictures of diapered girls at like 5kb/sec it took TIME. Today's youth have technological resources that instantly introduce them to kinks, for them to find out who they are takes way less time and effort. Being Abdl is very adorable it's an attractive kink that people are willing to at least try, and if they know what's good for their own mental health they get hooked. Diapers are as great to me as being with a women or shooting belt-fed weapon systems. It all brings me joy. I thought I was all alone in the world until I typed "diaper" into a search engine in the early 90's.

I hope it becomes a lot more mainstream to the point of no one batting an eyelid should a nappy be visible!

i believe part of it is the incontinent part of adult diaper wearers are looking at it as we have to wear diapers anyway why not enjoy it with ABDL play.

I have run into a few people that were incontinent that wanted better adult diapers.

I always tell them to google abdl diapers.

I know that at least two of them now wear thick abdl diapers instead of the thin cheap store diapers.

I think it comes down to exposure. We have faster computers, better internet, it is easier than ever to make a blog, twitter page, tumblr, pintrest, whatever. That makes information and the road to self acceptance much quicker. 15 years ago I got my first DOCSIS 1.0 cable modem and was no longer piggy backing UUNET from Dad's work. 14 years ago I started searching for information on what I believed to be a strange preoccupation with a crinkly item. The types of websites and the people on them have changed quiet a bit. Not even that long ago many of the good people had to build their own sites which would often be orphaned when their owners got busy but left the hosting bill on autopay. Google was still being spread by word of mouth with maybe 1/5 of the people I knew using it. It's search algorithm I think was better back then for exposing people to new ideas instead of exactly what they wanted to see - so in my case the lack of a filter bubble was perfect.

I think the market rising to meet demand is partly because of newer people growing to accept this side of themselves much faster and because the niche market they are supplying is easier to find now. I doubt the numbers of ageplayers fluctuates very much - we're just more accessible than before.

Argent said:
I hope it becomes a lot more mainstream to the point of no one batting an eyelid should a nappy be visible!

alas i dont think that will ever happen, i mean if your in you 70's and you see it poking out above your jeans poeple think IC but younger it raises eyebrows and always will

Thats because society as a whole has made general guidelines to what norm example (back in the 70's most people wore bell bottoms) to look cool and be accepted. We are so hard nosed and close minded (society as a whole) that we judge others by the standards that society has set. And if the a few people are not in that spectrum of what is deemed normal, its wrong. For us that is open-minded or isnt in the societys normal spectrum are setting a different path. For we all are different in our own way. Huggles

anned said:
i believe part of it is the incontinent part of adult diaper wearers are looking at it as we have to wear diapers anyway why not enjoy it with ABDL play.

I have run into a few people that were incontinent that wanted better adult diapers.

I always tell them to google abdl diapers.

I know that at least two of them now wear thick abdl diapers instead of the thin cheap store diapers.
I'm one of those IC people who needed better diapers and more fun, to soup up what I had to do everyday wear and wet, change and reset, I surrendered my IC and got on with living the good life,1 happy nappy at a time, the sad thing is I can't decide Wether I like my cloth and plastic pants or my disposables better, and no unfortunately what I actually wore as a kid is anyone's guess, I remember as a older child about 8 that there were cloth diapers and Gerber pants in the bathroom with the towels ,but being the youngest of 3 that does not mean I wore them,so the young preference in graining does not apply since I know so little about my childhood. Anybody got any suggestions on how to find your "spirit diaper", not just what keeps me dry, the one that really is the diaper for me.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Tetra said:
Anybody got any suggestions on how to find your "spirit diaper", not just what keeps me dry, the one that really is the diaper for me.

Seems pretty obvious to me - just keep trying new diapers as you see them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back