Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it Just Me or is AB and DL becoming more prevelant?

Default Is it Just Me or is AB and DL becoming more prevelant?

I am curious, do others see the same trends of increasing awareness of being a DL or AB in society and particularly on the internet? Not only an awareness, but more specifically of an increased interest and participation in this?

Not long ago, when you would conduct a google search on adult diapers, you would get only a few sites that were primarily medical in nature. Now, when you complete the same search, there are some twenty to thirty sites that specialize in adult diapers and many are actually of an ABDL theme.

There is quite an increase in the number of ABDL diaper producers and they just seem to be getting better and with more professional appearance and quality. Whereas Abena, Tena, Depends, Attends, etc.. used to be what was available, there are now many companies creating diapers tailored to ABDLs.

Companies like Aww So Cute; Tykables; AB Universe with Little Paws, Cushies, Super Dry Kids, ABU Space; Bambinos with Teddy Bear, Classico, and Belissimo; Cuddlz; ABDL factory; and many more.

To me it seems that this increase in number and types of adult diapers and other ABDL clothing and accessories is telling not only a story of businesses recognizing the market, but the fact that the interest in wearing diapers and being ABDL is growing.

There seems to be an awareness in pop culture as well... whether you like it or not, the fact that individuals such as Miley Cyrus are coming out and claiming to be AB and even creating music videos with this theme.

Anyhow, it just seems that the numbers of people who are joining this interest are participating, or else the previously more common closet diaper wearing individuals are coming out of the closet.

Is it just me or do others see this same trend?

Thoughts?

You can thank the Internet for the increased growth and popularity of the ABDL community. The crossover into other cultures / sub-cultures might have a lot to do with it, too. Like the "Furry Fandom", the "MLP Fandom", "Sonic Fandom" the "BDSM Community", etc.

I think you're overselling it, but there's no doubt that the opportunities for meeting people and getting nice stuff are much greater now than they were a decade ago, and that in turn much greater than they were before the 2000s. I do think that people, in general, are growing more tolerant about sex, which may allow more people to explore ABDL desires, though I'm not convinced that the numbers of our community are really growing all that much. I think, rather, that people are more willing to seek out and indulge their already existing desires, and more connected online.

Misatoismywaifu

Entrepreneurialism at work

There' probably a bit of a bibble at work right now, and at some point it will pop and there will be a shakedown before things settle down a little bit. Right now the bubble is fueled by the providers all discovering this "market vacuum" at the same time and rushing to get a foot in the door and get a stake in it. It's growing on boh ends though, because as more vendors become available, more people that "never imagined this would be available to them" are discovering it due to its surge in popularity, so the demand is also increasing in addition to the supply. When supply finally overtakes demand by enough of a margin, that's when the bubble will burst.

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    There' probably a bit of a bibble at work right now, and at some point it will pop and there will be a shakedown before things settle down a little bit. Right now the bubble is fueled by the providers all discovering this "market vacuum" at the same time and rushing to get a foot in the door and get a stake in it. It's growing on boh ends though, because as more vendors become available, more people that "never imagined this would be available to them" are discovering it due to its surge in popularity, so the demand is also increasing in addition to the supply. When supply finally overtakes demand by enough of a margin, that's when the bubble will burst.
    Add that to the fact that with the rapid influx of "new diapers" there is a higher 'peaked' demand. What I mean by peaked is that at some point, we will run out of storage space, and the vast majority of the ABDL population isn't 24/7, resulting in a 'slump' in demand.

I believe this is a big driver of growth in the market; the perception of there being many new diapers, combined with the fear of them being discontinued, thus stocking up. This may also contribute to a bubble.

Well originally computer nerds played with Colleco Adam and phone modem couplers on bulletin boards then the intranet became the Internet and desktops became phones and phablets and all the people who thought they were alone found groups of like minded individuals .

And poof all the marginalized "outliers" became prime time , and social media became everybody's friend except the big corporations who could no longer afford to mistreat it's customers because they all had a voice and conscience .

ABDL probably is growing but so is every other hobby ,lifestyle and fetish as we all find a voice and platform.
    Hopefully as stated above we are not like the housing market or the economy and have a bubble that's gonna break and crash, because we are enjoying it now, but it may not last,if we are lucky we get accepted by society and embraced like the LGBT movement and truly evolve instead of imploding under the weight of our own saggy diapers.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

The ABDL diaper market aside, I've noticed throughout my own personal observations of surfing tumblr, youtube, and other sites over the last 2-3 years that the younger wave of AB/DL's are very accepting of themselves, confident, and also seemingly greater in numbers. Also, through tons of other subcultures like "littles" & Age Players etc., more young women have come forward online showing their own natural fascinations with the community than before.. whether diapers are involved or not.

Now, the above is my own view, which could be complete bullish*t, but I still see it this way compared to 10 years ago when I was a confused teenager, taking to the internet for the first time. Most kids like me were all on other sites that were ridden with fake accounts, fighting, and uncomfortable settings.

But yes, young people are more apt to feel comfortable expressing themselves on the internet nowadays, which has cemented it's presence into our culture. The internet has also shed a lot of light on the AB/DL community, as well as managed to create a few comfortable support settings (*Cough* .. Adisc) where young people can come and learn about all of this safely. This has undoubtedly helped a lot of the new wave come forward and feel good about themselves. Not to forget that teaching open-mindedness towards sexual orientation, transgender, and the 'whatever floats your boat' mentality has begun to take heed with the young people, for both others and themselves.

Whether or not they are truly greater in numbers is highly debatable, and I'm sure it could only be the internet bringing us all closer, but I'd like to think that someday there will be less of a stigma attached to both the AB/DL community and adult diapers in general. I'm not saying that there needs to be whole movement and that it's on the same caliber as subjects such as the LGBT community at all, but instead for people to be a lot less ignorant about it. With a little understanding and insight, things could be different.