Abena L4 issues lately

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClickyKeys

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
For some reason it has seemed like my last few cases of Abena L4 I've been encountering issues with the back padding being thin (separates over to the sides) in the crack region after only a little while of wear and I'm finding myself having to change my L4s more often than in the past.

Has anyone else noticed any quality issues with Abena L4 or M4s recently or am I perhaps just getting a few bad batches?

Not your particular issue, but I had one with pinholes. Fixed it up with duct tape. I can't remember it if it was from my newer pack or the one I ordered in September.

I did get a few bad cases before I switched over to ABU Simples back in January. It only cost me an additional $30 a month over what I was paying and using with Abena. Since then I haven't looked back and not one person has noticed still. At home where it is quieter the ABU's are a bit louder so be warned about that.

I stopped buying Abenas a long time ago. They're they same as the cheap brands, and I will not put up with them. ABU, Bambino, and Tykables put out a far better product.

Honeywell6180 said:
I stopped buying Abenas a long time ago. They're they same as the cheap brands, and I will not put up with them. ABU, Bambino, and Tykables put out a far better product.

They are nowhere near as bad as the brands like Depends and Attends which I assume is what you are referring to as the cheap brands. I wear 24/7 and for incontinence so AB diapers are out for me since that'd be difficult to explain if I did ever get caught in a situation with my pants down so to speak. I know that Bambino makes the Bianco, but half the time it is out of stock, and the other half of the time the price is simply too high to justify using it as a 24/7 diaper.

No not as bad as store brands but I have stopped buying abena for years. They are terrible from what they used to be. The plastic is cheap and thin and stretch easily, the padding falls apart badly, the tapes suck. The fit is also inconsistent. I've been saying this for years. Ever since the large train track print, it's been a process of degrading, increasing profits by cheapening products.

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
No not as bad as store brands but I have stopped buying abena for years. They are terrible from what they used to be. The plastic is cheap and thin and stretch easily, the padding falls apart badly, the tapes suck. The fit is also inconsistent. I've been saying this for years. Ever since the large train track print, it's been a process of degrading, increasing profits by cheapening products.

That's a shame. I use and love Abena's and think they're great, but haven't been using them for that long. They're not as good as ABU (and I'd imagine some ABU "equivalents" like Bambino), but I like their performance and fit compared with a lot of other medical premiums. It's annoying knowing that they use to be better.

Once I have the funds and living arrangements (or as soon as I have the opportunity), I plan on pretty much exclusively going to Little Pawz though, so I'm not too worried.

The Abenas were my first real medical grade diaper I wore to manage my OAB issue, once I found out about Dry 24/7's I stopped buying Abenas.

I've tried the original Dry 24/7s and liked them. They felt way thicker and puffier and could absorb A TON. But I prefer the fit and feel of M4s and they're no slouch in the absorption department. Plus I've heard the newer 24/7s aren't as good as the originals although I haven't tried the newer ones myself yet. I also like wetness indicators which 24/7s don't (or didn't) have.

Sent using Tapatalk on my iPhone

TheCaptain said:
I've tried the original Dry 24/7s and liked them. They felt way thicker and puffier and could absorb A TON. But I prefer the fit and feel of M4s and they're no slouch in the absorption department. Plus I've heard the newer 24/7s aren't as good as the originals although I haven't tried the newer ones myself yet. I also like wetness indicators which 24/7s don't (or didn't) have.

Sent using Tapatalk on my iPhone

Yeah, I'm not too sure about the original 24/7s, but I tried 24/7s recently and while they did do well as you described they had this horrible problem with the tapes ripping open the outer plastic right next to them when applied or after a few minutes of wearing so I wasted a lot because of that it seemed.

ClickyKeys said:
Yeah, I'm not too sure about the original 24/7s, but I tried 24/7s recently and while they did do well as you described they had this horrible problem with the tapes ripping open the outer plastic right next to them when applied or after a few minutes of wearing so I wasted a lot because of that it seemed.

try not taping so tight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back