Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to show support?

Default How to show support?

My partner is a Dl and i found his nappies and basically forced him to tell me.
    This has pushed his limits as he wasnt ready to tell me (diapers have cost him several previous relationships). I dont want to push him away but i need him to know i support him.
    So for you other diaper wearers how do your loved ones show you support?
    What can i do? What shouldnt i do?
    Thanks
    Fluke

First of all don't freak out. I'm sure he probably could be very worried right now especially considering his past relationships so what I would honestly do is have an open-minded heart to heart chat with with him about everything. It will give him a chance to fully explain everything and it will also give you a chance to show your love and support. He'll warm up to you and open up more as you show more love towards him in being supportive and non-judgmental

Quote Originally Posted by legokid View Post
    First of all don't freak out. I'm sure he probably could be very worried right now especially considering his past relationships so what I would honestly do is have an open-minded heart to heart chat with with him about everything. It will give him a chance to fully explain everything and it will also give you a chance to show your love and support. He'll warm up to you and open up more as you show more love towards him in being supportive and non-judgmental
    Also hold his hand and look into hos eyes and do ur best to comfort him. By holding his hand and looking into his eyes u reasure him that its okay and ur there for him. And do all this and how u respond do all in love and patience.huggles

Sometimes words are not needed to say that you support him, leave a diaper out and a pair of comfortable pants on the bed with a post it smiley face note on the diaper, he doesn't necessarily need put it on, but seeing that will ease the tention if you truly support him.

Quote Originally Posted by tewks7979 View Post
    Well first off hi. Do uk if he is a ab or just dl?
    He is just a dl.
    It hasnt evolved into ab, not sure it will.

Ive tried to talk but he just shuts down, its becoming this big awkward elephant in the room. As soon as i bring it up he leaves the room. I left a post it on his pull ups with a smiley face and a heart saying i love him. (Pampers suggestion thanks)
    He clearly wasnt ready to share this with me and he was prepared for my rejection not support.

Ok leave it alone u can try one other thing its up to u. If u notice he is low u can buy him more. Just dont say anything. He is prob in shock cause he is used to rejection. Just keep showing love and support and if u believe in god pray about it

Try to decide how much of this you'd like to be a part of. Just because you're a couple doesn't mean you have to do what the other one does. Chances are your partner would like you to participate in some way, but don't force yourself to. "I'd rather not get involved with that, but I'm fine with your doing what you want to do" is a perfectly acceptable response.

That being said, if you do want to get your feet wet, ask questions, ask for an introduction, try a lilttle participation and see if your'e comfortable with it, and ease into it if it's comfortable to you. There are many levels of support and participation, starting with acceptance. Your simply seeing them wearing their diaper is a step, so is talking about diapers.

When my wife found out and I explained how I felt, she asked me if I had enough supplies. I think it was the nicest thing she could have done. Since then she's bought all sorts of things from plushies, onsiest, sippy cups and diapers.