Tykables Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DL44Blaster

Contributor
Hi there,

So the April Tykables newsletter had the following interesting tidbit:

"Third, we have a few more surprises coming up. The next one will be May 1st. Mark it on a calendar. It will be something no one in our market has done, and that is why we are doing it. It is new, it is exciting and it has a HUGE impact on almost everyone in the United States. We have been working on this for over a year now."

So here it is May 1st - I've not seen anything new on the website nor heard anything at all....anyone else? Any idea what it might be all about?:confused:

According to their Twitter (https://twitter.com/tykables), today starts a series of announcements but it won't be all at once. A new website is the first in that series. We'll have to see where it goes from there.

...I'm really hoping that one of the announcements would be a Pull-up...

well May 1 is about over and I don't see any earthshattering announcement... this is the most recent post on their site:
We have a new website coming this week. From the ground up, new UI and huge emphases on mobile!

So unless they're making diapers with a cell phone pocket, I dunno.

bambinod said:
well May 1 is about over and I don't see any earthshattering announcement... this is the most recent post on their site:

So unless they're making diapers with a cell phone pocket, I dunno.

Can we get a "like button" I would so like that cell phone pocket diaper post!!

after getting rid of the original waddler they had for no reason, and now emptying their stock of overnights with seemingly ZERO new products in the works to release anytime soon ive given up with them. for now ABU gets my money for ab diapers hands down and xp med. gets my money for regular dips. and thats how it is going to stay for the foreseeable future. tykables are shooting themselves in the foot repeatably imo. maybe they do have soomething special but i doubt it will be anytime soon.

Their site now appears down for maintenance. Hopefully they will come back - they had the most comfortable (!!!!!) plain white diapers I've ever bought. Almost made me not miss the Tenas.

looks like they've moved to a new system, I got an email.

Dear my name here,

We have created a new [YOUR SHOP NAME] website from the ground up! To celebrate we are offering a 5% discount on all online orders in the United States until Monday, just use coupon code “NewSite” when you are checking out.

For security and privacy reasons we have not moved passwords or credit card information over to the new store. We do apologize if this causes any inconvenience for you but have provided a unique url for you to re-activate your account and set your new password password.

https://tykables.myshopify.com/account/activate/my account number?

Besides a new look will come new services. Tykables now offers 2 day shipping to 95% of our customers in the United States, for free*. In New York, yup 1 and 2 day shipping. Florida, 2 day shipping… How can we do this? We have been working from day one to put a foundation together to allow for this. We now have 4 fulfillment centers in the USA which allows us to get our products to more people faster than any other ABDL company.

*Free shipping on orders of 2 or more bags.

We will also begin offering #AutoShip, a subscription service which will allow you to set up automatic orders of our products, and receive a discount on these orders. We expect to begin the #AutoShip service in the next few weeks.

We also have new products being announced in the coming weeks and months. If you should have any questions about this please feel free to email [email protected] or call us at (312)967-3553. As always we thank you, and the entire community, for your support as we grow and bring new products, features and services to market.

when I first saw that, with the classy store name of "[YOUR SHOP NAME]", i was a little suspicious, but I think it's legit, just not very polished.

https://tykables.myshopify.com/ forwards to https://tykables.com but the other link with my account number in it stats on https://tykables.myshopify.com/ so I assume that's at least somewhat normal.

Days later.. still nothing. They've always struck me as over-priced anyway with a whopping £10 delivery for just 1 pack of nappies! Who knows though? I may treat myself one year if they come back & make everything a little more clear. But right now they have disappeared, & seem to be more interested in clothes than DL products. ABU have impressed us all. They continue to come up with innovative fresh nappies that we all want to try! Tykables are trying to a) Set up a website b) open a shop c) introduce a new range of over-priced clothes for ABs specifically & d) Surprise us with new diaper products .. EVENTUALLY.

I shan't hold my breath.

Travis9800 said:
Days later.. still nothing. They've always struck me as over-priced anyway with a whopping £10 delivery for just 1 pack of nappies!

The £10 is not per bag, it is for an entire order. If you order a bag, it is £10. If you order a case it is £10. If you order 10 cases it is £10. You said that there is still nothing, but you mentioned that we announced a new clothing line, new website, and new diapers. We also announced that in the USA we opened multiple fuffillment centers cutting shipping time down to 2 days for 95% of our customers. While you are in the UK and that might not be a big deal for you, for many many of the USA this is a big deal. before it took upwards of 7 days to get something from one coast to the other and now we have cut the time down to 2 days or less for most people here.

Travis9800 said:
But right now they have disappeared, & seem to be more interested in clothes than DL products.

Tykables is launching a line of clothing and accessories, as well as new diaper prints. As a DL what type of products do you want?

Travis9800 said:
Tykables are trying to a) Set up a website b) open a shop c) introduce a new range of over-priced clothes for ABs specifically & d) Surprise us with new diaper products .. EVENTUALLY.

I shan't hold my breath.

Tykables was the first company to sell products directly to customers in multiple countries and continents. We were the first company to offer a DL line of diapers, not just a product. We are the only ABDL company to have a dedicated ABDL store front. We were the first ABDL brand, and company, to offer fade when wet designs on adult diapers. We have not announced prices of our clothing line so you are guessing that they are "over priced". Tykables has pushed the ABDL market forward. We have lead the way for many other companies to realize the possibilities in design, distributions, presentation and many other aspects of both the AB and DL communities.

todaler said:
Tykables was the first company to sell products directly to customers in multiple countries and continents. We were the first company to offer a DL line of diapers, not just a product. We are the only ABDL company to have a dedicated ABDL store front. We were the first ABDL brand, and company, to offer fade when wet designs on adult diapers. We have not announced prices of our clothing line so you are guessing that they are "over priced". Tykables has pushed the ABDL market forward. We have lead the way for many other companies to realize the possibilities in design, distributions, presentation and many other aspects of both the AB and DL communities.

I don't suppose you have any idea whether or not we'll be seeing Tykables selling a thinner premium quality diaper like the original Waddler anytime soon? There's been quite a bit of discussion here regarding that, we really miss them. (we've been hunting for a suitable replacement for awhile now, and unless I find something close in my next batch of samples I'm getting from XPMedical I'll probably be switching back to the much lower quailty Totaldry Plus for daytime wear)

todaler said:

I hope that you can make adult goodnites adult pull ups with prints and super absorbent. if you do then I would be so happy.

I received an order or Tykable overnights a few days ago, and I am very impressed. These are NOT thick diapers. They are, in fact, quite thin in my opinion. Wear duration has been good, as is absorbency so far. They are also pleasing to the eye. I showed one to a friend who recently had a job as a nursing assistant. Although she would prefer a diaper that looks more like "underwear", she was OK with the looks of Tykable's product.

I am sorry that some people here want something that is wafer-thin. But my opinion is that too much material taken out of a diaper will render the product useless. You know what? You want something thin? Then go to the local drug store, buy a bag of Depend underwear, and have a ball.

Honeywell6180 said:
I am sorry that some people here want something that is wafer-thin. But my opinion is that too much material taken out of a diaper will render the product useless. You know what? You want something thin? Then go to the local drug store, buy a bag of Depend underwear, and have a ball.

We're not looking for really thin, we're just looking for something that's not super-thick, specifically for daytime wear. The waddler overnights are actually pretty good in this department, but there's something about them that makes me sweat like crazy, they don't breathe well I guess. But we still want the other premium features, like you can't get in Depend. That's the combination that's missing - all the premium features except high capacity/bulky. Is that too much to ask? It wouldn't be such a tease if we didn't have it and then lose it a year later... :(

Owell I suppose it's possible it just came down to cold hard numbers. Keeping additional models of a product is expensive, it adds to overhead in several ways, I get that. They may have counted the beans and determined that when it was all said and done, the waddlers were giving them a better return-on-investment, and if they were going to drop a line to save on overhead, the regulars were the right choice to drop. I wouldn't hold that against them, but it'd be nice to have an explanation, rather than be left in the dark with little more than "you can't have that right now." Even having someone concretely say "look, they're never coming back, get over it!" would bring the problem to closure. It wouldn't be the answer I wanted, but it would at least be an answer.

For now all I can do is hedge my bets and explore the alternative of "never coming back" and try to find something close to replace them with. I've ordered a number of cases from them in the past, but at the rate it's going now I won't be buying anything from them anytime soon.

I would like to see there overnight diaper with a heavier tape panel and single tapes, kind of like the sdk. I like the tykables plastic, it feels softer to me, the diaper also has a good gel to filler combo, a single tape would be the cats meow

I just bought n this baby is exictamented, but havent arrived yet

Looking forward to seeing Tykables up and running once again. I missed the opportunity on the Waddlers, but it sounds like we can look forward to a similar product. The company sounds like it has a considerable amount of work, and it taking every step it can to help please our community. I suppose if I were to vote in for any new products, or ones that I would like to see, I wouldn't mind seeing designs of pampers and luvs from the 1990's (when I was in them), and if someone made a quality onesize (diaper suit, not footie PJs) I would be happy as well. Looking forward to them returning!

todaler said:
Tykables is launching a line of clothing and accessories, as well as new diaper prints. As a DL what type of products do you want?

Are you planning on bringing back the plain white diaper?

bambinod said:
Owell I suppose it's possible it just came down to cold hard numbers. Keeping additional models of a product is expensive, it adds to overhead in several ways, I get that. They may have counted the beans and determined that when it was all said and done, the waddlers were giving them a better return-on-investment, and if they were going to drop a line to save on overhead, the regulars were the right choice to drop. I wouldn't hold that against them, but it'd be nice to have an explanation, rather than be left in the dark with little more than "you can't have that right now." Even having someone concretely say "look, they're never coming back, get over it!" would bring the problem to closure. It wouldn't be the answer I wanted, but it would at least be an answer.

Im sorry but to an extent its just not valid. ABU has more damn diapers then i think they know what to do with and they are fairing fine, i also cant see the original waddler doing worse then overnights. but any tykables rep is useless. they avoid every question we care about and answer all the randoms. and on top of that tykables rep. the only thing you have announced is clothing. which tbh abu already did and their way of working sizes for onesies has already sold me. new website i could care less about. the old one was perfectly fine imo. maybe im just salty right now but ive been rather annoyed at tykables run around on shit. i had such high hopes for yall as a company when you released the first waddler. now i could careless. for the foreseeable future ABU and XP Med. will be getting any and all my diaper money. they are just the best companys imo for ab diapers and normal affordable diapers. hopefully ya'll can change my mind. but seeing how ya'll have been lately. i doubt it...

PCPilot said:
Are you planning on bringing back the plain white diaper?

I think there would be a problem with their bringing back the all white diaper due to the S.E.X. brief they were offering, for the bondage crowd. This turned off most customers who were looking for an all-white product, and this had a negative impact on their sales. People who need diapers are not looking to buy their products from an adult book store. They want something from a legitimate company with clean, "G-Rated" marketing structure, which the S.E.X. had compromised. So the product was pulled.

The latest information I got, was that they will be bringing back the Waddlers under the Tykables brand. The new Waddlers will be thinner than the current Overnights, but not as thin as the old Waddlers. I feel that this will be a good product for day to day use, and t he best compromise for everybody. I just can't accept what is essentially a plastic bag, or dryer sheet with the needs I have, so I would favor the newer Waddlers over the older version. I see absolutely nothing wrong with the Overnights they currently offer, and look forward to seeing what they come up with in a couple months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back