Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tykables Update?

Default Tykables Update?

Hi there,

So the April Tykables newsletter had the following interesting tidbit:

"Third, we have a few more surprises coming up. The next one will be May 1st. Mark it on a calendar. It will be something no one in our market has done, and that is why we are doing it. It is new, it is exciting and it has a HUGE impact on almost everyone in the United States. We have been working on this for over a year now."

So here it is May 1st - I've not seen anything new on the website nor heard anything at all....anyone else? Any idea what it might be all about?

According to their Twitter (https://twitter.com/tykables), today starts a series of announcements but it won't be all at once. A new website is the first in that series. We'll have to see where it goes from there.

...I'm really hoping that one of the announcements would be a Pull-up...

well May 1 is about over and I don't see any earthshattering announcement... this is the most recent post on their site:

We have a new website coming this week. From the ground up, new UI and huge emphases on mobile!
    So unless they're making diapers with a cell phone pocket, I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    well May 1 is about over and I don't see any earthshattering announcement... this is the most recent post on their site:

So unless they're making diapers with a cell phone pocket, I dunno.
    Can we get a "like button" I would so like that cell phone pocket diaper post!!

after getting rid of the original waddler they had for no reason, and now emptying their stock of overnights with seemingly ZERO new products in the works to release anytime soon ive given up with them. for now ABU gets my money for ab diapers hands down and xp med. gets my money for regular dips. and thats how it is going to stay for the foreseeable future. tykables are shooting themselves in the foot repeatably imo. maybe they do have soomething special but i doubt it will be anytime soon.

Their site now appears down for maintenance. Hopefully they will come back - they had the most comfortable (!!!!!) plain white diapers I've ever bought. Almost made me not miss the Tenas.

looks like they've moved to a new system, I got an email.

Dear my name here,

We have created a new [YOUR SHOP NAME] website from the ground up! To celebrate we are offering a 5% discount on all online orders in the United States until Monday, just use coupon code “NewSite” when you are checking out.

For security and privacy reasons we have not moved passwords or credit card information over to the new store. We do apologize if this causes any inconvenience for you but have provided a unique url for you to re-activate your account and set your new password password.

https://tykables.myshopify.com/account/activate/my account number?

Besides a new look will come new services. Tykables now offers 2 day shipping to 95% of our customers in the United States, for free*. In New York, yup 1 and 2 day shipping. Florida, 2 day shipping… How can we do this? We have been working from day one to put a foundation together to allow for this. We now have 4 fulfillment centers in the USA which allows us to get our products to more people faster than any other ABDL company.

*Free shipping on orders of 2 or more bags.

We will also begin offering #AutoShip, a subscription service which will allow you to set up automatic orders of our products, and receive a discount on these orders. We expect to begin the #AutoShip service in the next few weeks.

We also have new products being announced in the coming weeks and months. If you should have any questions about this please feel free to email [email protected] or call us at (312)967-3553. As always we thank you, and the entire community, for your support as we grow and bring new products, features and services to market.
    when I first saw that, with the classy store name of "[YOUR SHOP NAME]", i was a little suspicious, but I think it's legit, just not very polished.

https://tykables.myshopify.com/ forwards to https://tykables.com but the other link with my account number in it stats on https://tykables.myshopify.com/ so I assume that's at least somewhat normal.

Days later.. still nothing. They've always struck me as over-priced anyway with a whopping £10 delivery for just 1 pack of nappies! Who knows though? I may treat myself one year if they come back & make everything a little more clear. But right now they have disappeared, & seem to be more interested in clothes than DL products. ABU have impressed us all. They continue to come up with innovative fresh nappies that we all want to try! Tykables are trying to a) Set up a website b) open a shop c) introduce a new range of over-priced clothes for ABs specifically & d) Surprise us with new diaper products .. EVENTUALLY.

I shan't hold my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis9800 View Post
    Days later.. still nothing. They've always struck me as over-priced anyway with a whopping £10 delivery for just 1 pack of nappies!
    The £10 is not per bag, it is for an entire order. If you order a bag, it is £10. If you order a case it is £10. If you order 10 cases it is £10. You said that there is still nothing, but you mentioned that we announced a new clothing line, new website, and new diapers. We also announced that in the USA we opened multiple fuffillment centers cutting shipping time down to 2 days for 95% of our customers. While you are in the UK and that might not be a big deal for you, for many many of the USA this is a big deal. before it took upwards of 7 days to get something from one coast to the other and now we have cut the time down to 2 days or less for most people here.

But right now they have disappeared, & seem to be more interested in clothes than DL products.
    Tykables is launching a line of clothing and accessories, as well as new diaper prints. As a DL what type of products do you want?

Tykables are trying to a) Set up a website b) open a shop c) introduce a new range of over-priced clothes for ABs specifically & d) Surprise us with new diaper products .. EVENTUALLY.

I shan't hold my breath.
    Tykables was the first company to sell products directly to customers in multiple countries and continents. We were the first company to offer a DL line of diapers, not just a product. We are the only ABDL company to have a dedicated ABDL store front. We were the first ABDL brand, and company, to offer fade when wet designs on adult diapers. We have not announced prices of our clothing line so you are guessing that they are "over priced". Tykables has pushed the ABDL market forward. We have lead the way for many other companies to realize the possibilities in design, distributions, presentation and many other aspects of both the AB and DL communities.