Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Back to Baby Diapers

Default Back to Baby Diapers

May is here, and that means Mother's Day. Fortunately for me, that means a trip to buy a gift for my mother and an opportunity to get in a store alone and conceal what I've bought, so diapers are on my shopping list.

Lately my go-to padding off a store shelf has been the Always Discreet pull-ups. Formerly I bought baby diapers and stuffed them in my underwear. It's been a while since I've done that - I've saved one Huggies and one Pull-Up training pant as collectibles of sorts - and I've got a bit of a hankering for it again. I need to choose wisely; next chance to buy in-store won't be until the end of September. I don't know if I want Huggies or Luvs (or if I should just stick with adult pull-ups). I'd like to try the Huggies Overnites but I think the Walmart where I'll be going only carries them in big packs. :/

I've always wondered how well even petite adults can fit into even the large baby diapers. I picture this little square of padding in the front and back, with very overstretched sides barely making it around the hips, looking like they could split at any moment, and possibly send them flying across the room.

That, and the lower designed capacity making them not too practical either, just "diapered to be diapered" and not really usable. (and I agree with that use, sometimes I wear with no intention of using, I just wanna be padded, and admittedly, being in a real baby diaper has a certain attraction to it)

What's your experience been with baby diapers? (or others feel free to share their experiences too!) If nothing else, they're cetainly cheaper than the decent adult diapers!

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    I've always wondered how well even petite adults can fit into even the large baby diapers. I picture this little square of padding in the front and back, with very overstretched sides barely making it around the hips, looking like they could split at any moment, and possibly send them flying across the room.

That, and the lower designed capacity making them not too practical either, just "diapered to be diapered" and not really usable. (and I agree with that use, sometimes I wear with no intention of using, I just wanna be padded, and admittedly, being in a real baby diaper has a certain attraction to it)

What's your experience been with baby diapers? (or others feel free to share their experiences too!) If nothing else, they're cetainly cheaper than the decent adult diapers!
    Oh, I'm far too large to actually wear baby diapers. I stuff them inside my underwear.

I've found that Huggies and Luvs can hold one decent wetting if you let it out slowly. I have some premium adult diapers, but I use them sparingly because it's kind of hard for me to get ahold of them - living at home with nosy parents, no credit card, no job. Baby diapers are cheap, readily available, and... babyish, so they kinda have their own niche.

When they are used as pads, toddler diapers absorb at least as much as the adult retail products. So for adults, Pampers and Huggies are a legitimate option when combined with a standard cotton brief.

I'm a petite person and I can get the largest sizes on, but they don't "fit" well enough to be effective alone

they make decent booster inserts for overnight diapers if you can't get a hold on pads designed for it

Quote Originally Posted by KimbaStarshine View Post
    I'd like to try the Huggies Overnites but I think the Walmart where I'll be going only carries them in big packs. :/
    Yeah, I've found that to be the case at Target as well--the nighttime diapers being sold by the box only. Sometimes that's only true of size 6, though, and size 5 and below are still available in bags. If that's true, I'd say get the size 5 diapers and be happy. Tucked into undies, the difference between 5 and 6 probably won't be noticeable.

What other stores are around, though?

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post

What other stores are around, though?
    I've seen bags of the Overnites at Rite Aid, but I have to get my mom a Mother's Day present too, and she'd wonder why she had to take me to Rite Aid. The last time I went to Target for baby diapers in 2014 - I walked one day when my parents weren't home - the only bags of size 6 diapers they seemed to carry were Pampers.

Plus Walmart has self-checkouts where I can double-bag my padding myself, no awkward dealings with a cashier.

To be honest I find baby diapers can hold quite a bit, plus they smell nice and have nice designs on them. Also to make them fit better there's something called ConvertUps which gives extensions on the diaper

At some point while surfing on Tumblr, I saw that someone had made a reusable belt that allowed adults to fit the bigger sizes of baby diapers. The design was pretty well done too, making it easy to change the used diapers in an out while still remaining stable.

But even when I was 14-15 I managed to squeeze into and use Pampers size 7 quite often. They didn't fit like a proper diaper of course, but they still worked. I did this by peeling away the cloth outer layer from the stretchy elastic of the side wings, holding the tapes to the front panel firmly between my thumbs, and slowly pulling them up inch by inch. It took a bit of time, but at that stage of my AB/DLism all I wanted to do was wear real baby diapers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
    At some point while surfing on Tumblr, I saw that someone had made a reusable belt that allowed adults to fit the bigger sizes of baby diapers.
    https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthre...onvert-a-Nappy