Not open for further replies.

Kaliborio

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Hey, team.

I've decided I would like some pants that fit comfortably over my terry cloth diapers. If you've worn terry cloth diapers you will know that they are very thick and that normal pants are much too tight and much too shallow in the crotch to comfortably fit them.

I'm currently considering overalls or specially made jeans, but I've never owned either before, so I have a few questions.

1. Do overalls in your size usually fit loosely enough for cloth diapers to fit comfortably inside them?
  2. Do you have any overall suppliers you'd recommend?
  3. Do you know any jeans suppliers that make jeans that would fit cloth diapers without going too many sizes up from natural size?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Don’t know about overalls and I share your problem with jeans. For casual outings I’ve found loose fitting sweat pants are both comfortable and non-revealing with bulky cloth diapers.

I just buy pants that are a bit bigger than what I really should be wearing and then use a belt. I never really took the time though to contemplate how nice overalls would actually work with a thick diaper though...not sure why I never thought about that.

Tyger said:
I just buy pants that are a bit bigger than what I really should be wearing and then use a belt. I never really took the time though to contemplate how nice overalls would actually work with a thick diaper though...not sure why I never thought about that.

This. I bought some shorts last year two sizes over and they handle diaper wearing quite well. Sweat pants seem easy enough. Bib overalls are going to make you look littleish, so you'll have to decide if that's how you want to look out in public.

Tyger said:

dogboy said:
This. I bought some shorts last year two sizes over and they handle diaper wearing quite well. Sweat pants seem easy enough. Bib overalls are going to make you look littleish, so you'll have to decide if that's how you want to look out in public.

These are definitely for cloth diapers, right? I can wear disposables under the clothes I already have - it's just the cloth diapers that are giving me a logistical issue.

@dogboy specifically, there is that. Since winter is coming on, my plan is to wear a onesie, then the overalls, then a sweater over the overalls, so that it just looks as if I'm wearing loose jeans that come up higher than the hem of my sweater.

Kaliborio said:
These are definitely for cloth diapers, right? I can wear disposables under the clothes I already have - it's just the cloth diapers that are giving me a logistical issue.

@dogboy specifically, there is that. Since winter is coming on, my plan is to wear a onesie, then the overalls, then a sweater over the overalls, so that it just looks as if I'm wearing loose jeans that come up higher than the hem of my sweater.

Pretty much yes, I wear a disposable diaper with a booster diaper onside, put on plastic pants, and then a cloth aio diaper on top of that, so it is kinda thick. If you had one layer of a regular pin on diaper and plastic pants. I think you could get away with that, as long as it isn't one of those thick night time cloth diapers.

Easy Access has 5 pocket jeans that have a lot of room for cloth diapers

I relaxed fit jeans a couple sizes bigger with my cloth diapers all the time. for buss driving I have large dress pants and they hid my diaper well. and if I'm working on my truck fixing then I put on a diaper shirt and they hid my diaper well that way when I'm bending over a lot.
ho yah and a good fat belt help a lot keeping up my pants :thumbsup:

Tyger said:
Pretty much yes, I wear a disposable diaper with a booster diaper onside, put on plastic pants, and then a cloth aio diaper on top of that, so it is kinda thick. If you had one layer of a regular pin on diaper and plastic pants. I think you could get away with that, as long as it isn't one of those thick night time cloth diapers.
It is, unfortunately, but thanks for the info! I didn't realise it was that workable.

allen said:
Easy Access has 5 pocket jeans that have a lot of room for cloth diapers
Interesting. Could you give me a link to these jeans, please? I don't want to buy the wrong ones.

Regarding the sizes, do you happen to know whether they run large or run small, and how different the sizes are? I own pants in 34" and 36", so in theory I should be a Medium, but sizing differs wildly between companies - I can fit into a 32" from some companies and I can't fit into a 36" from others. I don't want to go large and find out that I have several extra inches of jeans below my ankle because the sizes run large, and I don't want to go small and find that they wouldn't fit me even if I were 30".

DannyBBaby said:
I relaxed fit jeans a couple sizes bigger with my cloth diapers all the time. for buss driving I have large dress pants and they hid my diaper well. and if I'm working on my truck fixing then I put on a diaper shirt and they hid my diaper well that way when I'm bending over a lot.
ho yah and a good fat belt help a lot keeping up my pants :thumbsup:
What kind of cloth diapers are you using? I can see wearing relaxed fit jeans with maybe flannelette diapers, but I'm wearing heavy night-weight terry cloth diapers.

Onesies are always good, though. I think I'd need one with a broader crotch because the style I wear right now has a relatively narrow crotch that seems to be designed for supporting disposables. To support my cloth diapers I'd probably need a full-on short jumpsuit.

Kaliborio said:

I do that in the winter too. I have a long, winter coat and I can wear it over my overalls and no one knows. Yes, I wear cloth diapers and plastic pants and two sizes over seems to work well. In fact, I wear night weight gauze, and they're quite thick.

I wear large night time per fold cloth diapers with vinyl pull-ups, I use 4 diaper pins with them. I wear a 36 waist jeans to hide my diapers and I have about a 33 to 34 waist size
I wear my diapers when I go to buy pants and shorts to see how they fit before I buy them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back