Thread: Going in circles

Default Going in circles

Just a little rant I need to get out there, I am supposed to be getting a referral for a complete psychological/mental health assessment first they sent the referral to the wrong place then I was told they sent it to the right place so I went in to see what is happening with it, but they say they have no record of a referral so now I have to go back and see my GP and find out what's going on. It's frustrating because I really want/need to get this done by its exhausting chasing everyone around to find out what the hell is going on.

I hear you, and I'm sorry you're getting the run around. They are supposed to be helping you with your mental health, and these delays can just exacerbate it instead. Hang in there, sometimes things get delayed with bureaucrats, or because the system is overloaded with demands for services, and sometimes people make mistakes. However this is important when it affects your mental health and people need to be accountable. Talk to your GP and let him know how this is affecting you and see if there's anything he can do to get involved or expedite the process due to a delay that wasn't your fault.

In my work, I often help tenants file complaints about their landlords with the City to get maintenance inspectors. I always tell them: take down the names of the people you speak to, get their extension numbers, write down what they are promising to do for you and ask when you can expect a response. If you don't hear from them within a reasonable period of time, call them back and ask for a follow up. This ensures your file stays at the top of the pile and not forgotten. If you still can't get a response or information about the status of your case,, then ask to speak to a supervisor.

You're doing the right thing by seeking help, so please don't let this setback discourage you. Things will get better. Let me know how it's going.
    Last edited by Starrunner; 01-May-2016 at 15:41.

Unfortunately this is the MO of a lot of HMO insurance companies. IMO, it is to see if you are "really in need" and will follow through to us the resources that you can get.

I just went through one situation with my health because the MD just want to cover there asses from malpractice suits, even if a simple drug works better then antidepressants.

The main think is you have to be your own advocate and pester the HELL out of them to get the job done. After a while the word Lawyer does get actions.