Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: So I Came Out As AB/DL to a Group of Friends

  1. #1

    Talking So I Came Out As AB/DL to a Group of Friends

    Over the past few weeks or so, I have been growing more and more comfortable with myself and how I experience being little. Walking around campus, I've been feeling more shy and clingy to my GF/mommy as we're walking around to our classes. She as well has become more adept at reading my body language and emotions, and has become very protective of me, which is beyond comforting.

    She and her best friend help admin a closed 18+ furry group on FaceBook, and I was given and invitation after they told me they were gushing to the other admins about me apparently! After a while they (the admins that is) got to know me pretty well, and I feel pretty safe interacting with the group!

    Just today, we played an icebreaker game where everyone in the group introduces themselves and tells us what they are all into or interested in. I started to notice a trend of people saying "age play", and I get to thinking that maybe it would be a safe place to come out as AB/DL. I ask mommy for her opinion, and she encouraged me to go for it while voice chatting for support.

    I posted a short little bio about myself after saying how nervous I was to disclose such sensitive information, and that I was an AB/DL. Along with that, I attached a picture of my sona in 'little form' (which I'll post in the Babyfur forum just to keep this post on track). Before long, my post was the most liked out of all the icebreaker posts, and I had a couple different people comment saying how brave I was to post what I did, and how adorable they think it was for a little to just enjoy innocence and small comforts. Moreover, they were very pleasantly surprised to learn that being an AB/DL or little doesn't mean its a hyper sexual fetish, but a legitimate hobby and lifestyle. If nothing else, educating people was worth the risk!

    All in all, today was completely wonderful. I finally was able to come out of my shell and announce in a (semi) public manner the facts about my AB/DL side, and it was BEYOND rewarding. In the aftermath, I had a couple of people messaging me wanting to learn more, and I even got to show a couple of them my paci collection!

    I guess what I'm trying to say is that time are changing. We really don't have to be so scared of ourselves and other as much as we used to be. Now, I came out to a group of very open and accepting people, so I'm a little biased here, but I cannot begin to tell you how helpful this little exercise was for my mental health and happiness. If you know someone who would understand or willing to try and understand, I really encourage you to seek them out and to start a dialogue.

    Just wanted to share that little story, maybe inspire some hope in our community!

    Love yourselves and be good to each other <3

  2. #2

    Default

    Some have had bad things happen so be careful I was fired form my profession when some co-worker broke into my my locked suit case found my teddy and pampers.
    Fur's can be more accepting then other groups.

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Legolas View Post
    Over the past few weeks or so, I have been growing more and more comfortable with myself and how I experience being little. Walking around campus, I've been feeling more shy and clingy to my GF/mommy as we're walking around to our classes. She as well has become more adept at reading my body language and emotions, and has become very protective of me, which is beyond comforting.

    She and her best friend help admin a closed 18+ furry group on FaceBook, and I was given and invitation after they told me they were gushing to the other admins about me apparently! After a while they (the admins that is) got to know me pretty well, and I feel pretty safe interacting with the group!

    Just today, we played an icebreaker game where everyone in the group introduces themselves and tells us what they are all into or interested in. I started to notice a trend of people saying "age play", and I get to thinking that maybe it would be a safe place to come out as AB/DL. I ask mommy for her opinion, and she encouraged me to go for it while voice chatting for support.

    I posted a short little bio about myself after saying how nervous I was to disclose such sensitive information, and that I was an AB/DL. Along with that, I attached a picture of my sona in 'little form' (which I'll post in the Babyfur forum just to keep this post on track). Before long, my post was the most liked out of all the icebreaker posts, and I had a couple different people comment saying how brave I was to post what I did, and how adorable they think it was for a little to just enjoy innocence and small comforts. Moreover, they were very pleasantly surprised to learn that being an AB/DL or little doesn't mean its a hyper sexual fetish, but a legitimate hobby and lifestyle. If nothing else, educating people was worth the risk!

    All in all, today was completely wonderful. I finally was able to come out of my shell and announce in a (semi) public manner the facts about my AB/DL side, and it was BEYOND rewarding. In the aftermath, I had a couple of people messaging me wanting to learn more, and I even got to show a couple of them my paci collection!

    I guess what I'm trying to say is that time are changing. We really don't have to be so scared of ourselves and other as much as we used to be. Now, I came out to a group of very open and accepting people, so I'm a little biased here, but I cannot begin to tell you how helpful this little exercise was for my mental health and happiness. If you know someone who would understand or willing to try and understand, I really encourage you to seek them out and to start a dialogue.

    Just wanted to share that little story, maybe inspire some hope in our community!

    Love yourselves and be good to each other <3

    That's great, I'm happy for you. I do advise caution, there are some people out there that only want to do you harm.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Quote Originally Posted by foxkits View Post
    Some have had bad things happen so be careful I was fired form my profession when some co-worker broke into my my locked suit case found my teddy and pampers.
    Fur's can be more accepting then other groups.

    If I were you I would take your old employers to court. What they did was against the law, but I can see why you wouldn't want to. Still, I would do it. Let them know that it's not right.

  4. #4

    Default

    Yes irlf u was fired for that, that is completely wrong and i would be taking them to court as well.i wish i could take my binki to work, my prob with it is that i work in a custom shop for big companys and they walk thru the shop (with escorts so that way we arent getting disrupted or put at safety risk. Its a tubular enigeering custom machine shop). But if i could i would. Now as for the diapers if most havent looked at my profile or read my posts, i am perm incontinent so diapers are a need. I havent had a messy accident at work yet but have woke up in a full diaper. But by the end of my day i have a soggy and heavy diaper. N as for u foxkits i am sorry to hear. That just isnt right...huggles

  5. #5

    Default


    Just to say well done.
    Very Proud of you, I do think people are beginning to become more accepting of age playing and people that see themselves as little as I do.

    I think the fact that it can be non sexual. The way of stress relief, stepping back from reality take a fresh look at life. Also As a tool to visit past hearts and to get healing from that. Planes that more and more people are willing to give it a try,


  6. #6

    Default

    I generally find that most furs are tolerable of our AB/DL stuff, as long as we don't try to get them involved in it, if they're not interested.

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by ABDL4ever View Post
    That's great, I'm happy for you. I do advise caution, there are some people out there that only want to do you harm.

    - - - Updated - - -




    If I were you I would take your old employers to court. What they did was against the law, but I can see why you wouldn't want to. Still, I would do it. Let them know that it's not right.
    Employer's all ways find ways of getting rid of you.
    To cover there tail's or find other excuses why they got rid of you.
    Even though it's what the other employees told them.

  8. #8

    Default

    I came out to my girlfriend and ill be honest it was def a way dif feeling than i have ever experianced even opening up bout the diapers still is akward considering our sociaties frame of min (as a whole)

  9. #9

    Default

    That's pretty cool that they were accepting of you.




    Quote Originally Posted by ABDL4ever View Post
    If I were you I would take your old employers to court. What they did was against the law, but I can see why you wouldn't want to. Still, I would do it. Let them know that it's not right.
    I don't want to derail this much, but firing some for having diapers isn't illegal - unless the diapers are for medical need. Most of the US (Montana excluded) is at-will, which means the employer can fire you for anything that isn't illegal - http://www.nolo.com/legal-encycloped...ees-30209.html.

    (Standard Disclaimer - I'm not a lawyer, and of course, always consult a lawyer, not the internet, for legal advice.)

  10. #10

Similar Threads

  1. new group
    By mistysummers in forum Sissy / Girls
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-Apr-2014, 13:28
  2. New to the group
    By Cushiebabe in forum Greetings / Introductions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-Mar-2012, 12:38
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-Mar-2011, 12:56
  4. New(ish) Group
    By LilMarky in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-Feb-2011, 16:02
  5. Hello new to the group
    By BabyHowie in forum Greetings / Introductions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27-Nov-2010, 19:27

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.