Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Women reject short men. I'm a [email protected]#$%g dwarf!!!

Default Women reject short men. I'm a [email protected]#$%g dwarf!!!

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...ough-date-them

Now I see why I've been rejected!, I'm about 5'5 and I've noticed that women prefer tall men because they can wear their favorite platforms, heels and wedges, because they don't wanna be with a dwarf!.
    I've been struggling with this since the past two decades. I grew up in a home where the youngest kid must be obedient towards parents and used as maid's substitute during the summer vacations and forced to the house keeping for to become responsible, including to lift heavy objects such as buckets full of water for mopping floors, according to my mom, "it's for making muscle and becoming strong" with no considering that would be risky for me to get injured or with a hernia (I remember 10 years old kids who always ended up at the local hospitals with hernias). You know about growing in a third world country and where still persist a tradition as to keep the last of the children unmarried for take care of the parents when getting old.(I don't know if somebody have watched a Mexican movie "Like water for chocolate). The worst thing is to have an older sister, it's a nightmare!, jealous, lazy and picky!.
    The other factor that I didn't grow up was starvation during high school, always my sister and her boyfriend were everyday and every night at my house, my sister cooking for him and to the next morning the fridge was empty, only salt crackers, butter and mayonnaise was left. According to my dad, he was afraid to make something to the respect because my sister would end up living as a street bitch.
    My sister got married and the nightmare didn't stop, she was pregnant and always bothering me for helping her for the house keeping when she was pregnant and when she gave birth to a girl, everything got worst!. My sister sneaking in my romantic life, preventing me of to meet girls and always manipulating to my mom who has an explosive behavior as "Kattie Kaboom" from Animaniacs. I decided to leave my house and Mexico, decided to move to a colder weather, Canada, because I suffered asthma and allergies. Cold weather but nobody tells me what to do or nobody beat me up with roller pins, belts, cutting boards, broom sticks and whips as in the past. Only a chip in my knee, an old injury in my jaw and an old fracture are bothering me during the winter (when I was 5 years old my sister pushed me off on the top of the slide and I fell on the ground hitting it with my jaw).
    Now I find that I don't have the average height that women require in men. And I've seen short women dressing up and wearing big platforms and going out with taller men than me. Caucasian women such as Asian women prefer men 5'11.
    I remember short guys who were very short and in a effort for going out with the girls wearing loose jeans and women's wedge sneakers or block heel shoes and I remember a 17 year old boy that left the party when the girls laughing at him when he got tired of the heels, suddenly he left the hall and broke in tears throwing away the pair of block heeled boots!

I've heard that short women are looking for tall men because they don't wanna give birth dwarfs.
    Is that true!?.
    Last edited by HogansHeroes; 29-Apr-2016 at 05:33. Reason: removing copy/paste

MarchinBunny

To me the height of the man doesn't really matter when it comes to dating. As long as they are nice, smart (As in, not stupid), and fun to be around ... that is what is most important to me. But then, I have a similar issue. I am a transgender female and most men would automatically say no to dating me. XD

Well, I mostly have given up on dating.

With that said, I do suppose many women do like tall men. I know some women who wouldn't date a guy shorter than them. I actually think the height thing has more to do with society than anything else. Typically a lot of these kinds of things are evolutionary, but women preferring tall men seems a bit off from that since it really doesn't offer any actual benefits overall. Although maybe it has to do with intimidation rather than strength. People are more often than not, less likely to mess with someone taller than they are ... although I have no proof of that, but it does seem that way at least to me.

I read a similar article. Would be hard pressed to find it again. It echoed the same stigmas but also found that short men married later, had a tendency to stay married, did more housework, better listening skills, etc. The only statistically validated distinctions were maybe 15% over average or tall men though. Enough to notice but not much more.

Eh, I'm short and I know it. Nothing I can change about that so I won't fret.

That was a really interesting read. I'm glad you shared your thoughts on this. Maybe I can help answer your question. I am a 5' 9" woman. I have had men who were barely over 5' tall hit on me before. Some of them I wouldn't have dated because of their personalities but there were some that were genuinely nice guys with big hearts that will someday make another woman very happy. I turned down one man a little while back because of his height and I felt terrible. I still do, because he is now dating my best friend! They make a wonderful couple and I'm very happy for them! She is taller than him, but they are much closer in height.

Now, I have dated men that were a couple inches shorter than me, and that was fine. I never had a problem with wearing heels because I'm tall enough without them anyway. But here's the reason why I do not feel comfortable dating a man significantly shorter than me: the sex. It gets uncomfortable when there is too much height difference, and therefore almost less intimate. I don't want to get too graphic, but I will say that I prefer sex to be comfortable and have a romantic or caring touch to it. For instance, kissing during sex. If we can't reach each other's lips, it takes away from the moment. In a relationship, I think it's healthy to have a good physical connection along with the other important connections couples take part in regularly.

Again, I feel like a terrible person because I do consider myself to be somewhat open. This is just something that I have noticed in my previous partners, and I'm sorry for being another shallow tall girl! I promise, the right one will be as open and wonderful as you seem to be, lonelyfox! <3

MarchinBunny

Quote Originally Posted by DLsGirlfriend View Post
    Now, I have dated men that were a couple inches shorter than me, and that was fine. I never had a problem with wearing heels because I'm tall enough without them anyway. But here's the reason why I do not feel comfortable dating a man significantly shorter than me: the sex. It gets uncomfortable when there is too much height difference, and therefore almost less intimate. I don't want to get too graphic, but I will say that I prefer sex to be comfortable and have a romantic or caring touch to it. For instance, kissing during sex. If we can't reach each other's lips, it takes away from the moment. In a relationship, I think it's healthy to have a good physical connection along with the other important connections couples take part in regularly.

Again, I feel like a terrible person because I do consider myself to be somewhat open. This is just something that I have noticed in my previous partners, and I'm sorry for being another shallow tall girl! I promise, the right one will be as open and wonderful as you seem to be, lonelyfox! <3
    Ya, but that has less to do with being short and more to do with just difference in height. In other words, a man being taller would also create the same issues .. right?

Quote Originally Posted by brabbit1987 View Post
    Ya, but that has less to do with being short and more to do with just difference in height. In other words, a man being taller would also create the same issues .. right?
    Right. But it's much harder to find a guy that's over 6'2" around here. I did date a guy that was 6'6" and that's when I realized height was important to me haha.

OK there was just another thread about self depreciating humor but here goes :

I stand 5'7" but I can't stand anymore and am in a wheelchair , so I couldn't get a date even with a call girl that was a dwarf. Tall dark and handsome is what everyone wants I'm short, light ,broken and fugly: woops !

Maybe I'll be reincarnated as the Jolly Green Giant,the question is would a good woman want a green guy that sells canned corn for a living,then again Al Bundy sold shoes and got Peggy.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Have been two decades trying to build up a romantic life but when the older brother meet a girlfriend and the daughter law resulted to be a harpy and the brother abandons parents such as being abused and attacked by the older sister it's a hell!.
    I think that I came late and my time for making a romantic life is past. Now with the new requirements by the women looking for tall men it will be something impossible for me, all by bad feeding when teenager and attending school with an empty stomach and also eating flour tortilla instead of corn tortilla, which contains more calcium and iron, meanwhile flour tortilla helps to gain weight.
    I don't know what to do, that's why I use the nick name as LonelyFOX because I could't make a romantic life and I could'n be attractive to women. This is pissing me off to have an average height that women reject. Always I'be been obsessed with short and skinny women such as small feet women. As the height requirements there also the same with the skinny women, short women and small feet women are victims back in my country too!. Many believe that they didn't grew up enough or that they're thin mice such as the small feet women who feel bad when can't find ladies footwear when they're sent to children's section (I love small feet women wearing the girls shoes! -I'll don't forget that day when I saw an Asian lady trying a pair of the Cinderella slippers for girls at the Disney store-).
    I never had the idea to have a girlfriend and to keep her as a maid after marriage!. Unfortunately there's a culture in my country about women working in the housekeeping and the husband sitting and watching to the poor wife working. I believe that it's better to help one to each other!.
    I'm not against of women wearing heels for to be tall, I'm agree but I think that's it's some kind of torture, unless if attending special occasions, gatherings, suppers and when sitting down during the event but when I see poor girls walking bare feet at night with their heels in the hand and the boyfriend letting the poor girlfriend walking on the concrete exposed to some sharped object instead of carrying on his back.
    I don't know what's happening with this new trend at all.

I'm 6' 2" and it seems really hard to understand why someone would refuse someone else on the basis of height. I know I'm unusual in this area and I'm more connected to people and personalities than most but are you really going to disqualify someone pre-emtptively on such a trivial matter as height?

I may be 6', but I am a stocky italian. Think mario without the giant nose or mustache, and with glasses. Course, for me, it is my appearance that wins over other's hearts, but my romantic word play. Still though, I've sadly only attracted unloyal party girls so far who end up cheating on me for others, often groups, since I don't want to 'fool' around.