Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaliborio

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Hey team. Got a couple of sizing questions.

I was shopping for Bambino Bellissimo Medium but apparently they are not available from PaddingPlus (the Australian vendor) at the moment, and I need high-quality diapers with a fairly quick turnaround. I have a few quick questions.

First off - PaddingPlus quotes the size ranges for ABU Simple as M being 28"-36" and L being 36"-46". I'm not used to size ranges being listed without any overlap. I'm 6'2'', have a 34" waist + one pair of elastic 36" trousers that fit me OK (starting to get a bit loose as I lose weight); will Medium fit me comfortably, or should I go Large just to be safe?

Second - I bought some medium Rearz Inspire+ InControl from a different vendor a while back. I could barely get the bottom tapes to meet the side wings and certainly couldn't get them to stay on. The rise was also really low, barely above where my pants sit. My vendor quotes the size range for Medium as being 32" to 42", which I am certainly in the bottom half of; it's more plausible that I would have had this experience with Small (27" to 36" according to them) but they swear blind that they sent me a Medium sample. Is it possible they're wrong, or do Rearz Inspire+ really just run that small?*

* Additionally the vendor says Rearz Inspire+ Medium should be about the same size as Abena Medium. I wear Abena M3s day in day out and have never had this issue. Can anyone venture experience?

Many diapers are sized for the top tapes only, and neglect the fact that the bottom tapes have a good 5" or more of extra travel to make because of how the front (and somewhat the back also) wings need to come UP as well as around to meet. (this is a bigger problem with diapers that aren't as long) So as a general rule I subtract 5 from the numbers.

At any rate, better too large than too small.

Get the safari's you wont be disappointed, the sizing is much better and a bigger cut. I had the same issue with the inspire+, both medium, the cut is much smaller and if i did manage to get them on, it would would be a tight fit.. I've given up with the search and sticking with the Safari's for now..

Kaliborio said:
Hey team. Got a couple of sizing questions.

I was shopping for Bambino Bellissimo Medium but apparently they are not available from PaddingPlus (the Australian vendor) at the moment, and I need high-quality diapers with a fairly quick turnaround. I have a few quick questions.

First off - PaddingPlus quotes the size ranges for ABU Simple as M being 28"-36" and L being 36"-46". I'm not used to size ranges being listed without any overlap. I'm 6'2'', have a 34" waist + one pair of elastic 36" trousers that fit me OK (starting to get a bit loose as I lose weight); will Medium fit me comfortably, or should I go Large just to be safe?

Second - I bought some medium Rearz Inspire+ InControl from a different vendor a while back. I could barely get the bottom tapes to meet the side wings and certainly couldn't get them to stay on. The rise was also really low, barely above where my pants sit. My vendor quotes the size range for Medium as being 32" to 42", which I am certainly in the bottom half of; it's more plausible that I would have had this experience with Small (27" to 36" according to them) but they swear blind that they sent me a Medium sample. Is it possible they're wrong, or do Rearz Inspire+ really just run that small?*

* Additionally the vendor says Rearz Inspire+ Medium should be about the same size as Abena Medium. I wear Abena M3s day in day out and have never had this issue. Can anyone venture experience?

bambinod said:
Many diapers are sized for the top tapes only, and neglect the fact that the bottom tapes have a good 5" or more of extra travel to make because of how the front (and somewhat the back also) wings need to come UP as well as around to meet. (this is a bigger problem with diapers that aren't as long) So as a general rule I subtract 5 from the numbers.

At any rate, better too large than too small.
I ended up buying the Mediums. Time will tell whether it was the right choice - but I opted on the side of 'snug' because I do need them to be protection and I've usually had worse experiences with too-loose diapers for protection than too-tight.

SnugglePants said:
Get the safari's you wont be disappointed, the sizing is much better and a bigger cut. I had the same issue with the inspire+, both medium, the cut is much smaller and if i did manage to get them on, it would would be a tight fit.. I've given up with the search and sticking with the Safari's for now..
Ahh, I didn't realise it was an Inspire+ problem. Safaris will definitely be my next purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back