Thread: Getting diapers in Berlin

Default Getting diapers in Berlin

Hello for all,
    I am about to get to Berlin very soon and I wondered where can I find some diapers there, I usually use tena slip, but other suggestions will do. I mainly look for the place to buy them, Any ideas?
    Thanks.

Not sure how experienced you are with Germany or German, so forgive me if this is belittling you or telling you things you already know.

In Germany in general, adult diapers are good, but you usually have to go to a proper pharmacy to get them, and more often than not, they keep them behind the counter in the stockroom. The good news is that pharmacies are EVERYWHERE in Germany and they're called "Apotheke." So just head on in with your head held high and ask whoever is behind the counter for "Inkontinenzslips" (incontinence briefs) if you want to be really formal about it. They came back with some pads, and I ended up having to specify, "also, Windeln" (well, diapers). I ended up with a pack of blue Molicares and had a grand ole time when my roommates skipped town for Christmas.

Viel Glück and enjoy some Pils and a Schnitzel for me while you get your Windeln. I haven't been back to Germany in about 7 years and I miss the hell out of it.

Save express are Germany based

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ampelhamza View Post
    Not sure how experienced you are with Germany or German, so forgive me if this is belittling you or telling you things you already know.

In Germany in general, adult diapers are good, but you usually have to go to a proper pharmacy to get them, and more often than not, they keep them behind the counter in the stockroom. The good news is that pharmacies are EVERYWHERE in Germany and they're called "Apotheke." So just head on in with your head held high and ask whoever is behind the counter for "Inkontinenzslips" (incontinence briefs) if you want to be really formal about it. They came back with some pads, and I ended up having to specify, "also, Windeln" (well, diapers). I ended up with a pack of blue Molicares and had a grand ole time when my roommates skipped town for Christmas.

Viel Glück and enjoy some Pils and a Schnitzel for me while you get your Windeln. I haven't been back to Germany in about 7 years and I miss the hell out of it.
    Thank you very much! This is very helpful and I didn't know most of it. (:

oooo buntewindel direct!

http://www.buntewindel.de/en_GB

We'd love to hear about your visiting their facilities !

I would say, pharmacies dont have that big range of diapers in stock. Better go to medical store called "Sanitätshaus" or short "sanihaus" - they usually have a wide range of high quality adult diapers in stock. Pharmacies mostly only have some kind of pants.

Try:
    www.google.de/#q=sanitaetshaus+berlin
    www.google.de/#q=sanitaetshandels+berlin

Most stores should have:
    Molicare super Plus
    Tena Slip maxi
    Seni super Trio
    Seni super Quattro
    Attends slip special care n10

This are all the highest capacity diapers in a high quality - if you ask for them they would at least have one of them in stock.
    Sometimes they also have older plastic packed styled Diapers left. One day i've got a few packs of the plastic backed Tena slip maxi the dont produce anymore.

I'm sure, you will find something you enjoy.

best wishes or "schöne Grüße"

OK, so I'm old enough to remember a wall around Berlin, but when I read your post title, the first thing I thought of was...
    The great Berlin Diaper Air Lift!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	main.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	26111

Ella Fitzgerald used to play the same spot in Germany every year on her birthday, she released an album recorded live at that spot, telling many of the people in the crowd thank you for coming back year after year to see me and then said I will of course be here next year! In reality she never played there again because the Berlin Wall went up shortly after her concert and the spot she played became "Checkpoint Charlie".

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TwilightS View Post
    I would say, pharmacies dont have that big range of diapers in stock. Better go to medical store called "Sanitätshaus" or short "sanihaus" - they usually have a wide range of high quality adult diapers in stock. Pharmacies mostly only have some kind of pants.

Try:
    www.google.de/#q=sanitaetshaus+berlin
    www.google.de/#q=sanitaetshandels+berlin

Most stores should have:
    Molicare super Plus
    Tena Slip maxi
    Seni super Trio
    Seni super Quattro
    Attends slip special care n10

This are all the highest capacity diapers in a high quality - if you ask for them they would at least have one of them in stock.
    Sometimes they also have older plastic packed styled Diapers left. One day i've got a few packs of the plastic backed Tena slip maxi the dont produce anymore.

I'm sure, you will find something you enjoy.

best wishes or "schöne Grüße"
    Thank you all very much.
    Are these stores common on streets in Berlin or do I have to go especially to one of them?