How good are the sdk diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

buddylee

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
How this question is about the absorbency of the new super dry kids. are they as good as the plastic abena m2 or north shore light ?

A much higher absorbency than an Abena m2 or north shore light, I would rate it up with some of the best diapers on the market.
These diapers are single tape type, so the fit my work for some people but not others, I'd buy just a pack to make sure they work for you before buying more.

Large are large

The capacity of the vers 2 cushies / sdk is wonderful. Over twice the capacity of the originals. The high capacity and the single tapes make it challenging to use to anywhere near capacity though without leaking. I'd estimate I start getting into the danger zone at about the same capacity as a completely soaked abena L4. That's with the L4 wet all the way to the back top, compared to the SDK wet to within maybe 4" of the back top. That last 4" or so is difficult to touch, but can be done if you limit yourself to more frequent, smaller volume wettings as the SDK gets filled, and don't move around immediatley after wetting.

I'd also like to say that the SDK tapes are very strong, stick very well, and can be moved at least once without risking a tape pop. On the second move, it starts getting more iffy.

bambinod said:
The capacity of the vers 2 cushies / sdk is wonderful. Over twice the capacity of the originals. The high capacity and the single tapes make it challenging to use to anywhere near capacity though without leaking. I'd estimate I start getting into the danger zone at about the same capacity as a completely soaked abena L4. That's with the L4 wet all the way to the back top, compared to the SDK wet to within maybe 4" of the back top. That last 4" or so is difficult to touch, but can be done if you limit yourself to more frequent, smaller volume wettings as the SDK gets filled, and don't move around immediatley after wetting.

I'd also like to say that the SDK tapes are very strong, stick very well, and can be moved at least once without risking a tape pop. On the second move, it starts getting more iffy.

Well said. Mirrors my experience, I've worn about 50 by now. Very comfortable diapers, and good capacity to boot.

i am glad there better than the originals. the originals leaked after just one wetting

buddylee said:
i am glad there better than the originals. the originals leaked after just one wetting

You'll have difficulty even getting the crotch wet on the first wetting. The front'll be like "I gots this!"

bambinod said:
You'll have difficulty even getting the crotch wet on the first wetting. The front'll be like "I gots this!"

Yep!

Yesterday evening I went jogging, it was the first real warm weather day that I exercised so my initial water intake was quite high, I just kept drinking glasses of cold water, I think I had 6 from 5pm to 9pm then I went to bed, I wore a sdk large, I woke up in the morning and I was soaked from end to end with no leaks, I even did another small wetting before changing, the sdk rivals dry 24/7 in absorbency and holds more than a m4. The diaper was pretty heavy, but the moisture was spread through pretty evenly since I wet while laying down, again I was impressed and I have been wearing diaper for over 15 years

I got a sample of the new SDKs'. I enjoyed them so much and their absorbency, look, and comfort are amazing! I wouldn't give them the best but they are good for a couple of my wettings.

I finally tried these last night and found it quite lovely.

I don't think I did brilliantly with the tapes as it felt a bit wide at the top... Might try making sure the tapes are at the top of the taping panel next time and a bit tighter than I would with other diapers.

Mine was soaked and swallen huge in the morning and it did leak a bit from the top and somewhere around the legs but that might have been due to imperfect taping position.

They do fit snuggly against you (from my experience) rather than have modern roominess.... Bit more like an older baby/child nappy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back