Toddler bed or cot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleBelleReturns

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
If you got to design your dream room, what would it look like and would it have a toddler bed or a cot?

:cool:

Hee, hee

I would have a cot. one that the side slides up and down. a big one so I can have lots of soft toys in there with me.

and I would have a nappy shout where my used nappy go done and straight in the bin. then My Middle wont tell me off when I get court throwing them out the window.

and I would have a Jungle gym with rope swings and a fireman's pole.

and a train set that drops down from the sealing when I what to play with it and then goes back up out of the way.

and cool light that changes colors. and everything is voice activated.

hee, hee that would be great

I already have a crib(cot) and I also have a race car bed (twin size) I prefer the bed over the crib as my little is 3ish and it just feels more real for me. I have the crib in storage and don't really know what to do with it....

I want a crib

sisi said:

:cool:

Hee, hee

I would have a cot. one that the side slides up and down. a big one so I can have lots of soft toys in there with me.

and I would have a nappy shout where my used nappy go done and straight in the bin. then My Middle wont tell me off when I get court throwing them out the window.

and I would have a Jungle gym with rope swings and a fireman's pole.

and a train set that drops down from the sealing when I what to play with it and then goes back up out of the way.

and cool light that changes colors. and everything is voice activated.

hee, hee that would be great

When I was a kid between the ages of 8 and 11, we lived in a house with a basement, and I had a train set that was permanent. I'd integrate my cars, and sometimes my little green army men into playing with the trains. I had a friend who would come over every day, and during the winter, when it was too cold to go outside, we'd play with the trains every day after school. I'd love to be able to do that again....sigh.

Bars creep me out, so, I want something not yet designed, a sleep sphere! The bed frame would be shaped like a ball, not a circle. The mattress be round, bigger than a twin, and would adjust at the head and foot, like a yucky hopsicle bed, but don't worry. That's the only thing they'd have in common. The outer shell would be clear plastic and change color, depending on the light you selected. I'd need a door that wouldn't ruin the smoothness of the ball shape. The inside would be coated in that clear, gel-type rubber. Y'know? Crib toys would still be able to fit inside. I wouldn't be against programming it for nature sounds, music, and/or gentle movement.

More from me on what else would be in my room is here. https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/94870-Your-dream-nursery?p=1299881#post1299881

Last edited:
I would have a crib that fit a full-size mattress. There'd be a large bead maze, a train table, an adult-size rocking horse, and a big ball pit. Maybe a little mat in a corner as a changing area instead of a table. If I wanted to get really extravagant, maybe some kind of play structure like at Chuck E. Cheese's or Burger King as long as it was big enough for me.

Definitely a crib with a mobile and sound generator. A nice comfortable rug on the floor for crawling around. A changing table with plenty of drawers and shelves for diapers and things. A toy box filled with blocks and toys. Shelves to put all my plushies and dolls on. A closet full of dresses. A dresser with plenty of sock, tights and all the other clothing need by a little one.

I have had my dream room and still have the wonderful memories. A crib with drop sides is wonderful for regression. It is great to be able to stand up in it and look at the floor 'way down'. Nice to wake up and look through the bars, crib toys and cute bumper pads.

A crib is not easy for an adult to get in and out of. Even with higher than needed legs, the drop side still sticks up when it hits the floor. This makes getting in and out hard and play with a caregiver not as easy as desired. Other considerations are can it be taken apart for moving or storage? Do you have a dedicated room for it? Though I own the house, one still has to deal with trades people, visitors and such from time to time.

Had a change table and high chair when I was in the house. Both were great at the time. Similar issues to a crib came up when I had to have people in the place, for example to rewire the outdated electrical. In that case, I put everything in the middle of the room and put paint drop sheets over it all. Told the guy I was about to paint the room.

Now in a condo and have an adult toddler bed with removable side rails. Easy to convert back to what looks like a single bed when the building has fire inspections or what not. High chair is just not practical in a smaller space so it is in storage. Have baby decorations on the walls hung higher than usual to enhance the feeling of being small. These can be removed as needed. Smoked glass in a wood frame door that locks provides privacy for when those I don't know well visit.

I very much encourage anyone who is able to make this sort of dream happen to do so. Yet I would suggest thinking through possible complications prior to doing so and planning in advance for their occurrence.

tdlrfootedpjs said:
I already have a crib(cot) and I also have a race car bed (twin size) I prefer the bed over the crib as my little is 3ish and it just feels more real for me. I have the crib in storage and don't really know what to do with it....

I agree with this, my little age is 2-3 as well, so I don't know what I would prefer..

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you all for your replies! Your dream rooms sound amazing! I hope we all get our dream rooms one day!

I was think of making a hide away crib with reg bed and have it fold under the bed but hidden

If I had the money to design a dream room I would have it everything sized up to double the normal size, with a crib whose top bar would be ~9' high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back